Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Had a unique opportunity to be a good samaritan yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 08:00 AM
thoner7
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Had a unique opportunity to be a good samaritan yesterday

I was feeling a little down in the dumps yesterday so I decided to go out for a ride. I went out towards this college town about 45 mins from me and on my way back it started to rain pretty hard so I pulled over under an overpass to wait out the heavy stuff. About 3 minutes later a girl (who happened to be a senior at the school) pulls over and stops under the same overpass. I noticed she had a flat so I ran across the highway and changed it for her. I have helped people stranded with car problems before but I have never stopped in advance of them!

I don’t have anyone else to really tell that story to so I thought maybe you guys were bored like me. Anyone else had something like this happen?

Old 09-06-2011, 08:40 AM
Nightstalker88
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Crazed biker threatens under age girl with tire iron. Reported people who drove past...Good on you.

Old 09-06-2011, 09:03 AM
chamba
Road Master

sometimes we are presented with opportunities. sometimes we take them.
big ups to you!

Old 09-06-2011, 10:48 AM
aklim156581
Road Master

Was she hot? Last time I did helped someone, there were to cuties in the car. Smart too. One went with me to get gas and the other stayed. Kept in constant contact. Girl with me called the other when she got to the gas station and told her which one it was, got the gas into my gas can and went back.

I got flashed for my trouble.

Old 09-06-2011, 11:12 AM
parabellum_9x19
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by thoner7
I was feeling a little down in the dumps yesterday so I decided to go out for a ride. I went out towards this college town about 45 mins from me and on my way back it started to rain pretty hard so I pulled over under an overpass to wait out the heavy stuff. About 3 minutes later a girl (who happened to be a senior at the school) pulls over and stops under the same overpass. I noticed she had a flat so I ran across the highway and changed it for her. I have helped people stranded with car problems before but I have never stopped in advance of them!

I don’t have anyone else to really tell that story to so I thought maybe you guys were bored like me. Anyone else had something like this happen?
Yesterday I passed a guy on the road in one of those electric scooters (like you see at Walmart). His front wheel was stuck in a rain grate and I could tell he was NOT in any shape to get off the scooter.

His scooter had an American flag on it and he was wearing a Vietnam Veteran hat.

Being a good person, and a Freemason I am obliged to help him. I went down another block where it was safe to turn around, to head back and free his scooter.

By the time I got back, some other person from one of the nearby houses had run out and gotten him unstuck.

I was glad to help, but even more glad to see someone else willing to help him.

It seems that these days, the norm is for hundreds of people to drive past someone in need before anyone stops to get involved.

Old 09-06-2011, 03:35 PM
thoner7
Tourer

Originally Posted by aklim
Was she hot? Last time I did helped someone, there were to cuties in the car. Smart too. One went with me to get gas and the other stayed. Kept in constant contact. Girl with me called the other when she got to the gas station and told her which one it was, got the gas into my gas can and went back.

I got flashed for my trouble.
yea she was pretty good looking, had huge jugs at least. Im only 24 so she was pretty much my age. I thought about getting her number but decided not to (and no I am not gay, not that there is anything wrong with that)

Old 09-06-2011, 03:39 PM
aklim156581
Road Master

Originally Posted by thoner7
yea she was pretty good looking, had huge jugs at least. Im only 24 so she was pretty much my age. I thought about getting her number but decided not to (and no I am not gay, not that there is anything wrong with that)
Huge jugs and good looking not enough for you to get her number or something? Hey, even if you are gay you could get her number and maybe hook somebody up.

Old 09-06-2011, 03:55 PM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,515 Likes on 6,271 Posts

As a father of a young girl, thanks for helping her out. I will also mention that my daughter is a very attractive, well built girl, that rarely gets asked out.. You young guys shouldn't be so shy. Rejection is temporary, Loneliness can be permanent. When I was your age we would go to discos. One night on the southside of Chicago (white trash side) we kept track of rejections. I was 2 Dance, 20 get lost, but we had a good laugh, and I survived.

Later married a Disco Queen and we just had our 30th wedding anniversary. Don't be afraid of those college girls, I always tell my Med school daughter to marry a tradesmen.

Old 09-06-2011, 04:42 PM
gerjets
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Good on ya! Unfortunately, not enough people think about others in today's world. Case in point...

We live between DC and Baltimore. A couple years ago, my wife was on her way to work - in a long line of vehicles - when a deer jumped in front of her Toyota Paseo. There was enough damage to the car that is wasn't drivable. You would think that someone would be kind enough to stop to see if she was ok...but...not a single sole stopped. NOT ONE. Even the people who witnessed the accident. What the f#ck is wrong with people today?

Old 09-06-2011, 05:34 PM
diablo666
Road Master

I fixed a flat tire for a guy with a lawn care service.He came back the next week and cut my grass for free while I was at work.A beer depot undercharged me 20 bucks on my debit card.When I saw that I went up and gave them cash to square up.Well the guy that owned the place was there and gave me a van a few months later.I don't help people because of things like that though,it's part of being a member of mankind.One Christmas I found out 3 kids were in an abused womans shelter.I took every penny I had and made a Christmas for those kids.A lady behind me in line had to help me pay the bill.It was a rough week until more money flowed in but it was worth it.

Quick Reply: Had a unique opportunity to be a good samaritan yesterday