Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Screamin' Eagle Street Performance Slip-Ons

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2012, 01:07 PM
2011HD48
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Freebird. Much appreciated.

Old 08-19-2012, 05:10 PM
Jeffster
6th Gear

I had cycle shacks sold them and put on screamin eagles the cycle shacks sound nice but a little loud.

Old 08-19-2012, 05:19 PM
Rokrover
Advanced
Old 08-19-2012, 05:51 PM
edgeofinsanity
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by exemexer
I went with a set of Cycle Shack slip ons because I got them for a very good price, they arrive on Monday and I can't wait to finally make this bike sound like a real harley.

parabellum, post a video when you get 'em on, I gotta hear what they sound like as I've been considering an exhaust change myself. Thanks
I had my daughter take video of me making a couple runs past my house with both Cycle Shack, and Khrome Werks mufflers. I'll upload those tonight and make a new thread if you are interested. The Khrome Werks, I think, sound very similar to the SEII mufflers.

Old 09-10-2013, 07:45 PM
liljoejoe54
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just picked up a set and will be giving it a go at installing them tomorrow!

Old 09-11-2013, 07:53 AM
HotIceHD
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have them on my bike. Could not have done a better choice IMO.

Old 09-11-2013, 09:51 AM
JBrooks271
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I went with V&H Twin Slash 3" slipons, and I couldn't be more in love with them. They sound awesome with their deep rumble, while not being as loud and irritating as the short shots. Compared to stock, it's just like two different bikes. Stock pipes sound like a bad fart compared to these lol. Anyway, enough hi-jacking the thread. A friend of mine that I work with just bought a used 1200C with the SE slipons, and they sound damn good themselves. They have a nice sound to them without being horribly loud.

Old 09-11-2013, 06:24 PM
Rob Robb
Tourer
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Manual Idle Control unit! Yes!

Originally Posted by schwingding
The idle on our EFI bikes is electronically controlled. With the stock setup the only way is through software not typically available to the owner. Some of us have it.
Actually there's a German Company, with an American distributor in Florida, that makes & sells a manual idle control unit. You unplug your electronic unit & remove it, install the manual control. Screw it counter clockwise to start up cold, when warmed up, screw it clockwise to lower idle. Just make sure you don't lower it so much you starve the oil pump & rescrew it counter clockwise before re-starting each time! It sells for $100= WWW.American-motors-usa.com Look it up. I just got mine & will be installing this weekend.
PS I got Screaming Eagles slip ons. They get louder as I ride more. Sound nice but don't compare to my Samson 2" big guns "no baffels' on my softail, so I'm pulling out the baffels from the SE & installing Thunder Torque inserts from DKCustoms this weekend, along with the install of the manual idle control, all of which should complement the custom Air Cleaner, Vieds & E3 plugs. Runs Faster, Louder & Cooler! To "H" with MPG give me performance!
Update 9-16-13; removed baffels from Screaming Eagle slip ons & installed DKCustom Thunder Torque inserts. LOUD as "H"! Why ? My wife said she couldn't hear me come home like when I ride my 2001 Softail w/ Samson straight through "Big Guns". Didn't have time to manual install idle control unit that'll have to wait until next week.

Last edited by Rob Robb; 09-16-2013 at 09:37 PM. Reason: UPDATE
Old 09-11-2013, 08:02 PM
Mich
Road Master
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I love my SE slip ons. They look great and sound good too. Not too loud but still loud enough to get people's attention. They are not the best performing slip on but they rank up there pretty well against the competition giving a pretty good performance gain.

Old 09-11-2013, 08:23 PM
liljoejoe54
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just finished up installing them. Removing the old pipes kicked my *** good. Took a little over an hour to pull the old ones off and the new ones went on in about 3 minutes. The install was pretty straight forward and could realistically be done in under 20 minutes if the old pipes come off easily. I absolutely love the new sound and look. Much deeper tone and more aggressive sounding for sure but not annoyingly loud. I am very happy with my purchase.

Quick Reply: Screamin' Eagle Street Performance Slip-Ons