Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sportster CHALLENGE GAME

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2012, 02:27 PM
GWinkleman
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by madchemist24
Hug n kiss ... blaaaaa.

This is a living challenge that has had suggestions for improvements made by other to ensure it remains fair and fun for all, not just those benefiting from a ruling.

That being said, JohnnyQuid has a point. We are tracking positions here ... so how does this play out? Was the challenge you won GWink a challenge? Does your win count....im getting nitpicky now only because those affected are within one point of each other with two moving up and one not. I might suggest having WS create a new challenge and go from there.
Keep in mind that the prize is won after an entire year of doing this game. You could buy the footpegs a few times over with the gas money you would save by NOT participating in these challenges. Let's not make it about the prize, let's make it about riding. If WS wants to make a new challenge, that's fine. Otherwise lets see some bikes with some wildlife*!

*Wildlife is defined in earlier post.

Last edited by GWinkleman; 04-13-2012 at 04:51 PM.
Old 04-13-2012, 02:48 PM
madchemist24
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GWinkleman
Keep in mind that the prize is won after an entire year of doing this game. You could buy the footpegs a few times over with the gas money you would save by NOT participating in these challenges. Let's not make it about the prize, let's make it about riding. If WS wants to make a new challenge, that's fine but I kind of really want to see some bikes with some wildlife*!

*Wildlife is defined in earlier post.
In all frankness, I dont need pegs. You are correct this is a long time out and anything can happen. I enjoy the ride and I am very competitive. I'd ride with or without the challenge. But, being what it is, a challenge, it neds to be handled fairly or it may loose its appeal...then it dies to be another forgotten thread.

With WS stating he should have chosen the first pic, we have two winner that are invalid. Since pushing the issue o make the first picture win directly benefits me, that is why I suggested WS make a new challenge. This keeps things straight and the wildlife can wait.

Old 04-13-2012, 02:52 PM
GWinkleman
Road Captain

In all frankness, I dont need pegs. You are correct this is a long time out and anything can happen. I enjoy the ride and I am very competitive. I'd ride with or without the challenge. But, being what it is, a challenge, it neds to be handled fairly or it may loose its appeal...then it dies to be another forgotten thread.
I promise you that this thread won't die because of the bunny challenge. You don't need to be so worried. It has over 1000 replies and 43,000 views. I think it is safe to say that this thread is pretty well grounded in this forum.

Old 04-13-2012, 02:57 PM
JohnnyQuid
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GWinkleman
Tough **** JohnnyQuid! I'm going to rub my happy-go-lucky attitude all up in your face! colon + right parenthesis
I am completely offended by your punctuation.

I really was joking about the pegs. This should not be about the pegs at all. It's just fun to go out riding around taking pictures of your bike in front of random stuff. Or in this case when it's snowing like a **** outside its fun to sit here and look at pictures of other peoples bikes in front of random stuff.
Plus I would be surprised if the winner of the pegs is going to be decided by one challenge. Though I could be wrong about that.

If this discrepancy does need to be mediated then maybe the creator of the challenge should make a ruling.

MaTches? What say you?

But hey, what do I know. I'm only sitting on 2 wins so far.

Old 04-13-2012, 03:29 PM
madchemist24
Road Master

I am sure one challeng will not make or break this thread. However, it could be the start. Keep the challenge legitimate. It almost sounds like you're not willing to give up your invalid win GW. My win, though uncounted, is being offered up for WS to make a new challenge and keep it fair.

Old 04-13-2012, 03:35 PM
GWinkleman
Road Captain

I am sure one challeng will not make or break this thread. However, it could be the start. Keep the challenge legitimate. It almost sounds like you're not willing to give up your invalid win GW. My win, though uncounted, is being offered up for WS to make a new challenge and keep it fair.
Lol I just want to keep it going I don't care about my challenge. I made a challenge because I was asked by another member to make one. I'm just trying to keep this fun and light-hearted. It gets boring when we stop to check the rule book every 30 seconds.

Old 04-13-2012, 04:40 PM
WhiskeySierra
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If this suggestion is rejected, ignore the following challenge:

Your bike next to a real grain silo. Doesn't have to in use now, but must have been a usable grain silo in the past.

Last edited by WhiskeySierra; 04-13-2012 at 04:41 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 04-13-2012, 04:43 PM
GWinkleman
Road Captain

Originally Posted by WhiskeySierra
If this suggestion is rejected, ignore the following challenge:

Your bike next to a real grain silo. Doesn't have to in use now, but must have been a usable grain silo in the past.
Official GW stamp of approval! I just want to see this thing moving along again! Pictures of motorcycles are WAY better than boxes of text!

Old 04-13-2012, 04:46 PM
madchemist24
Road Master

Amen. Ride safe

Old 04-13-2012, 04:53 PM
MaTcheS
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

As OP here's my 2 cents: you should take challenges literally but also use some common sense. Obviously having the challenges stated thoroughly helps solve discrepancies but remember the idea of this thread is about RIDING. I took it as pretty obvious that the bunny challenge was about live animals, not grabbing Easter candy of stuffed animals and putting them on your bike at home. As a mediator, if that's what your asking of me, I'd say neither of you won the challenge and that the bunny challenge is still on table, LIVE RABBITS, preferably wild but domestic I'm sure are fine.
Also for the record, I don't think there should be alternatives to challenges unless the person posts it as such. Challenges are supposed to be challenging, and about getting out of the house on your Sporty.
Now I'm going to get off my high horse and apologize for posting such a long response. LET'S SEE SOME BUNNIES (live) !!!

Quick Reply: Sportster CHALLENGE GAME