Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Taking off 1 rearview mirror. Which side is more important?

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2012, 07:58 PM
Firebird1989
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I run with one right side mirror. Just use it as a rearview, if I need to change lanes I like to just look left or right.

Old 01-02-2012, 07:58 PM
Newharleylover
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,165 Likes on 456 Posts

There's all kinds of things guys/girls do to their bikes that I just don't understand but it's a free country and it's their damned bike. Do as you please. But hell would freeze over before I'd take either mirror off my bike. I'd rather see a tailgating turd-burgler or 16 year old wannbe indy car driver and let them pass me than end up hurt or dead! Besides that, I'm deaf as f*** so if there was an ambulance or LEO behind me I'd want to know about it.

Old 01-02-2012, 08:05 PM
Big Lebowski
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pointdogg48
Please help both sides are pretty hard to see from as it is
First, welcome and congrats on the 2012 48. I have yet to see a yellow in the wild.

If you have issues seeing as it is, perhaps you should consider flipping them up or getting mirrors that mount on the end. If relocated mirrors on your 48 fit you best, then do it. You are the only one that matters. I'd ignore anyone that tells you otherwise.

Old 01-02-2012, 08:14 PM
W.P.
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I use to run with one bar end mirror on my mid 80's kz's because I was young and thought it looked cool but I always knew it wasn't a good idea. As to which side is better ? Horse a piece IMO

Old 01-02-2012, 08:21 PM
Fat Cat
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Newharleylover
There's all kinds of things guys/girls do to their bikes that I just don't understand but it's a free country and it's their damned bike. Do as you please. But hell would freeze over before I'd take either mirror off my bike. I'd rather see a tailgating turd-burgler or 16 year old wannbe indy car driver and let them pass me than end up hurt or dead! Besides that, I'm deaf as f*** so if there was an ambulance or LEO behind me I'd want to know about it.
couldn't say it better!

Old 01-02-2012, 08:24 PM
SamStone
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 176 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by MaTcheS
mirrors don't kill people... people driving like a$$holes and idiots do
Yes, like driving without enough mirrors.

Old 01-02-2012, 08:30 PM
Greatscott
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

If I was going to run one mirror I would probably go with the left one because I use it the most. Especially when merging onto the freeway.

Old 01-02-2012, 08:44 PM
MaTcheS
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

This thread turned out to be quite popular for such a "noob question" as the author put it.

And BTW I agree with Lebowski, no-one wants to read posts about people preaching their beliefs. I see just fine with one mirror, saying I'm young and stupid doesn't change that.

Do what YOU want with YOUR bike, that's the point of it all, right?

Old 01-02-2012, 09:29 PM
NC D'LUXE
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MaTcheS
This thread turned out to be quite popular for such a "noob question" as the author put it.

And BTW I agree with Lebowski, no-one wants to read posts about people preaching their beliefs. I see just fine with one mirror, saying I'm young and stupid doesn't change that.

Do what YOU want with YOUR bike, that's the point of it all, right?
Couldn't agree more, as far as it being YOUR bike etc....but when you have someone post "PLEASE HELP," the OP ask for input and has received some pretty solid advice in which I do believe he sought and sounds to have made a smart safety decision based on the advice received.

Old 01-02-2012, 10:16 PM
IronBoy883
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had both on but one is off till. Y new one comes on only because with the new bars and lack of adjustment I could only see the road right below me but really the one is good for single lane riding when u don't have to worry about changing lanes lol

Quick Reply: Taking off 1 rearview mirror. Which side is more important?