Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New 48 RSD Cafe Racer??

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2013, 06:14 AM
DrewBone
Road Warrior
Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by ib5150
Everyone has an opinion and people like different things, it is not the point that one cannot express their likes or dislikes on the Forums but we would hope that the dislike people would have a little tact and make their comment more constructive rather than destructive.

It's like the old saying goes: It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt.
People are different and express themselves differently, both when they post, and when they respond. And when you post on a public forum, you leave yourself open to public comment [which may or may not align with your feelings], which takes on only two forms; agreement or disagreement. Some responses are tactile, others crude...but all in all, one has to expect anything in response simply because there are so many different people and opinions out there.

If you're proud enough of something to post it in a public forum you should also be proud enough to hear any disparaging remarks...why? Because without you even realizing it, some may lead to enlightenment, cause further evaluation, save you some embarassment and maybe even save some $$. Getting pissed off about it is a juvenile response.

As for me, I love sarcasm, which unfortunately doesn't really show well in text form, so I try hard to add small hints and explanations here and there but no matter how hard I try there's always someone who just doesn't get it. But alas, this is the internet...so let's all not be so damn serious when it comes to being butthurt about Johnny not agreeing with our choice of doo dad or chingadero...I mean really, do we need strangers on the internet to agree with our choices for some kind of pat on the back or approval or encouragement? If so, maybe we should get out more? And in the end who are we pleasing anyway? Them, or us??!!

Hopefully the answer to that last question is "us."

tHe eNd.

[LOL]

=8^)

Old 03-25-2013, 07:56 AM
grancuda
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Not one bike in this thread looks like a cafe racer.

Old 03-25-2013, 08:34 AM
ib5150
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by DrewBone
If you're proud enough of something to post it in a public forum you should also be proud enough to hear any disparaging remarks...why? Because without you even realizing it, some may lead to enlightenment, cause further evaluation, save you some embarassment and maybe even save some $$. Getting pissed off about it is a juvenile response.
Well I thought the main reason for this forum was to help others with problem solving and expand people's visions on what they could possibly achieve with their own motorcycles. Nowhere in the fine print does it say you must like everything you see but one can only hope when expressing the dislike it is more constructive rather than just a blatant outburst of stupidity.

Just to say the bike looks gay is a waste of a post (to me) to say I don't like the seat, scoop or even the model of the bike at least explains to people what your dislike is and some may even agree with you, that is all I was trying say, why express an opinion that is empty and has no real point other than making you look like a fool?

Old 03-25-2013, 08:53 AM
DrewBone
Road Warrior
Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by ib5150
Well I thought the main reason for this forum was to help others with problem solving and expand people's visions on what they could possibly achieve with their opwn motorcycles. Nowhere in the fine print does it say you must like everything you see but one can only hope when expressing the dislike it is more constructive rather than just a blatant outburst of stupidity.

Just to say the bike looks gay is a waste of a post (to me) to say I don't like the seat, scoop or even the model of the bike at least explains to people what your dislike is and some may even agree with you, that is all I was trying say, why express an opinion that is empty and has no real point other than making you look like a fool?
I hear ya' but like it or not, we don't live in the land of rainbows and unicorns, so we all have to put up with it, you know, like we have to do every day as we meander our way through life...

Now, do you think my rainbow and unicorn statement was gay?

LOL!!!

*Note to self: self, don't be so serious!

=8^)

Old 03-25-2013, 11:55 AM
Pixiechitos
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by grancuda
Not one bike in this thread looks like a cafe racer.
+1. Not that I'm a veteran biker but aren't cafe racers nimble little machines like the Triumph Thruxton?

Old 03-25-2013, 12:05 PM
rquest
Road Master
Received 71 Likes on 63 Posts
Old 02-11-2016, 08:59 PM
Melessa
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's kind of funny you sound like girls putting each other down. I'm very new to motorcycles. My husband bought me a Honda rebel 250 last year. More like I showed up at home and showed him what he bought me. But I have outgrown already. So I started looking at other bikes that I kind of liked and these Harley Davidson café racers caught my attention is this something that you buy or do you have to custom make it If you custom make it how difficult was it any help will be very much appreciated