Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cheap HD Shift Light

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 08:44 PM
mikeallenbrown
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by streetfighter06
It's just a neat gadget. I usually shift as needed or when I hear the motor about to blow up. lol
This ^^^

lol

Old 02-05-2012, 05:18 AM
schwingding
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Dude, if I saw you with a shift light on your bike you would receive endless ribbing for me and I'd think "what a dweeb, who needs a SHIFT LIGHT?" WTF, shift light? Trust me, that's what everyone will be doing behind your back anyway. Go buy something for your airplane - step away from the shift light.

Old 02-05-2012, 07:37 AM
06Sporty75
Road Captain

Originally Posted by schwingding
Dude, if I saw you with a shift light on your bike you would receive endless ribbing for me and I'd think "what a dweeb, who needs a SHIFT LIGHT?" WTF, shift light? Trust me, that's what everyone will be doing behind your back anyway. Go buy something for your airplane - step away from the shift light.
I'd say the exact same thing about your ape hanger bars and sissi bar.

Old 02-05-2012, 08:46 AM
schwingding
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 06Sporty75
I'd say the exact same thing about your ape hanger bars and sissi bar.
Fair enough!

Old 02-05-2012, 09:25 AM
rustybearing
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Not dissin on your choice of gadgets,what you spend your money on is your business but I hope someone doesn't pull out in front of you while your eyes are on your shift light. Keep your eyes on the road. Anything that takes your eyes off the road for even a second is bad news. Collisions start and end in a matter of seconds. Don't throw any more money away on this thing. There's probably a good reason this item is obsolete.

Old 02-05-2012, 11:23 AM
quixote
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shift light is for racing not cruising

Originally Posted by rustybearing
Not dissin on your choice of gadgets,what you spend your money on is your business but I hope someone doesn't pull out in front of you while your eyes are on your shift light. Keep your eyes on the road. Anything that takes your eyes off the road for even a second is bad news. Collisions start and end in a matter of seconds. Don't throw any more money away on this thing. There's probably a good reason this item is obsolete.

A shift LIGHT is used in every gear during street or drag RACING and is set to illuminate just before hitting the rev limiter. When the rev limiter kicks in, it instantly decreases power; Not good in a race.
Typically the light is bright enough and placed in a position that it's immediately noticeable without being a distraction.

During normal riding there is nothing better to shift by than by ear.

Old 02-05-2012, 12:12 PM
06Sporty75
Road Captain

yeah, but when your're listening to music or have ear plugs in on the highway or just with the windnoise you cant really hear the motor. Hence the desire for tachs & shiftlights.

Old 02-05-2012, 02:33 PM
Gpsjr10
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

You need to "Be the bike." You should be able to feel when it's time to shift.

Old 02-05-2012, 02:39 PM
solo48
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 06Sporty75
yeah, but when your're listening to music or have ear plugs in on the highway or just with the windnoise you cant really hear the motor. Hence the desire for tachs & shiftlights.
sounds like you need a new set of pipes!

Old 02-05-2012, 02:43 PM
SamStone
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 176 Likes on 88 Posts

What he said. LOL!!!

Quick Reply: Cheap HD Shift Light