Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Sportie Ride To Austin

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2006, 12:39 AM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts
Default RE: My Sportie Ride To Austin

ORIGINAL: sportin_2007

Best investment for me (next to buying my bike) was buying a full set of Harley's FXRG Leathers. I have the complete set including the fully vented leather jacket with removeable inner liner, built-in kevlar skid padsand kidney belt, the full leather pants with skid pads, suspenders and zippered side vents, decent w/p biker boots, and of course a full face FXRG helmut for times when the weather is nasty or wet. This set of leathers has an inside liner and they are completelyrain proof to boot. They keep me warm even when the weather is against me, and I always travels with a spare set of gloves in my fork bag just in case I need a dry pair. All of my leather has also been treated to ensure they repel water in the first place, and this was a very wise investment considering I am at the foot of the rocky mountains where the weather can changeto show you 4seasons in one day. Trust me when I say i've been there. Buy some good leathers, treat them to some mink oil, and always ride with them when weather is unpredictable.

The FXRG's leathers were a sizeableinvestment, but they will be the only set I ever buy and should be around longer than me if their taken care of. Full set goes for about $1750.00 with helmut, jacket, pants, boots and gloves. Might seem like lots o dough, but once you've had them (in crappy weather) you'll never ride without them, and if you ever go down, they'll likely save your hide, back, a$$and your upper and lowerjoints. Skid pads are awesome in case you ever go for a high speed slide.

Just some food for thought, and yes I know, their not for everyone!
I just wear jeans, steel toed boots, sleeveless T-Shirt, sometimes a vest, and gel-palmed gloves, either full fingered or fingerless depending on the weather. Leather jacket is also optional depending on the weather. Never have worn a helmet.

Like you mentioned, what you wear can vary greatly from person to person, and it looks like we are about as opposite as it gets.

Old 12-31-2006, 01:02 AM
Dallastx
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm sticking with oldfenderguy. I own 2 Stratocasters, Fender Tube amp and a Telecaster, so whatever he says goes.lol!! I own other guitars, but my Ash Strat is my favorite.

Old 12-31-2006, 01:15 AM
OldFenderGuy
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

ORIGINAL: Dallastx

I own other guitars, but my Ash Strat is my favorite.
I'veowned and playedStrat's for over 30 years, but this is one of my favorites.

Old 12-31-2006, 01:24 AM
Dallastx
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine looks just like that. 2006 50th anni. Special edition. Mine has a 70's 22 fret large headstock with a brown tort pickguard. I put a Dimarzio Fastrack mini hummer in the bridge. My 99 has Texas Specials and a Seymour Duncan hotrails in the bridge.