Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

It's quite a difference what a couple adjustments can do.

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 07:55 PM
I'maHugger
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It's quite a difference what a couple adjustments can do.

I had my forward controls moved to mids (came with forwards)and I adjusted my handlebars two "notches" away from me (came pulled back pretty far) -the handlebar adjustment did not require any control adjustment nor stress any brake lines etc.

There is no longer pressure on my back and the handling and balance feel much better.

Old 08-15-2013, 10:29 PM
Fairbanksdmt
Cruiser

Originally Posted by I'maHugger
I had my forward controls moved to mids (came with forwards)and I adjusted my handlebars two "notches" away from me (came pulled back pretty far) -the handlebar adjustment did not require any control adjustment nor stress any brake lines etc.

There is no longer pressure on my back and the handling and balance feel much better.
How do you like the mids? Why did you do mid control? I agree just a few things, and it's like a whole new bike.

Old 08-15-2013, 10:54 PM
I'maHugger
Tourer

Originally Posted by Fairbanksdmt
How do you like the mids? Why did you do mid control? I agree just a few things, and it's like a whole new bike.
I have a longstanding lower back injury [see high school wrestling] and the forward controls were causing a subluxation; also I have long arms and shorter legs, so the mids and the bars adjusted forward seem to make the riding feel more natural given my goofed ergonomics.

Old 08-16-2013, 12:05 AM
WHS
Tourer
Received 58 Likes on 41 Posts

I am the same, longish arms, shortish legs - must have a chimp in the family tree somewhere. I also find mids with the bars tilted forward is very comfortable. I find I can absorb bumps in the road thrugh my legs & not my tailbone

Old 08-16-2013, 01:49 AM
blackwidow_x45
Novice

What bars are those? Do you have a front view pic? I have a forty-eight and looking to change out to 10" mini apes.

Old 08-16-2013, 08:36 AM
blackSP
Tourer
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by I'maHugger

Hilarious. I just did the exact opposite and the terrible cramp I got in my upper legs is now gone. In fact my back feels better too and I notice no difference in handling at all, just a much more relaxed ride.

For me moving from mids to forwards was the best investment so far (and I already spend a few thousand...)

\m/

Old 08-16-2013, 12:20 PM
Rick7938
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by blackSP
Hilarious. I just did the exact opposite and the terrible cramp I got in my upper legs is now gone. In fact my back feels better too and I notice no difference in handling at all, just a much more relaxed ride.

For me moving from mids to forwards was the best investment so far (and I already spend a few thousand...)

\m/
Yep. I have the long legs/short arms syndrome. Already had the forward controls, but replaced the flat track bars with Road King Narrow Pullbacks. Now I am a happy camper.

Old 08-16-2013, 12:54 PM
blackSP
Tourer
Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

Isn't it great we can all customize our bike to meet our very own requirements?

Old 08-16-2013, 01:31 PM
stratplexi
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1,026 Likes on 531 Posts

Controls, bars and seats make all the difference in terms of riding position, posture, comfort and overall look.

Old 08-16-2013, 01:57 PM
JaySwear
Road Captain

I really want some mids for my bike, how easy are they to install? I like my forwards but want a more "aggressive" riding position.

Quick Reply: It's quite a difference what a couple adjustments can do.