Sportster Models 883, 883 Custom, 1200 Custom, 883L, 1200L, 1200S, 1200 Roadster, XR1200, and the Nightster.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Have a new 2013 Superlow want to add

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2013, 11:57 AM
Wildbillz
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Have a new 2013 Superlow want to add

I recently purchased a 2013 Superlow and im trying to decide what I want to do to it I know I want new handlebars im thinking mini apes or z bars but im not sure what kind I should get I also want to put forward controls on it but once again im not sure what to get this is my first bike im not sure to really look for these things or whats good or bad ive been looking around but cant seem to decide because of my lack of knowledge in the subject any help would be much appreciated!

Last edited by Wildbillz; 12-24-2013 at 12:00 PM.
Old 12-24-2013, 02:01 PM
NowgFstCat
Tourer

Research is your best bet. Figure out the look you want for your bike then start customizing. I started with pipes and comfort items first (riser for bars pegs windshield seat etc) on my superlow then started on cosmetics. Good luck!!

Old 12-24-2013, 02:20 PM
Wildbillz
1st Gear

Thank you yeah research is what ive been doing sometimes i cant seem to find if the part fits my bike. I really want to get forward controls first but if i get them what all do i replace or do they usually come with everything you need because when i was looking it says dosent come with shifter peg so do i use my old one or can i buy another one and do pegs only fit with some bikes and parts? ive been looking through the forums reading what others have done which is helping alot.

Old 12-24-2013, 02:29 PM
John Harper
HDF Community Team
Received 1,645 Likes on 1,135 Posts

Does your bike have any modifications performance wise done? Or is it bone stock?

I think there are several good aftermarket controls you can get. Check JP Cycles, Dennis Kirk, advice from the peanut gallery, etc. If you have any technical questions, most manufacturers can be contacted by email or toll free. That way your questions are answered before you spend any money and get a headache thrown in no charge.

Good luck, post up a photo so we see what you have to work with.

John

Old 12-24-2013, 02:31 PM
Wildbillz
1st Gear

My bike is all stock and ill post a picture when i get home. thank you ill check those out.

Old 12-24-2013, 08:21 PM
Zimbob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Start by going to a few bike nights and talking to others. Practical experience is just as important as looking at measurements and stats.

Old 12-26-2013, 10:06 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,852 Likes on 2,419 Posts

If you have only recently bought it then get out and ride and enjoy it for a while. By all means adjust things like the bars to get comfortable, after which you may find you get different ideas of what you would like to do. There's no hurry!

Old 12-26-2013, 01:46 PM
USAFANG67
Road Master

Originally Posted by grbrown
If you have only recently bought it then get out and ride and enjoy it for a while. By all means adjust things like the bars to get comfortable, after which you may find you get different ideas of what you would like to do. There's no hurry!
EXCELLENT ADVICE

Old 12-26-2013, 02:20 PM
Wildbillz
1st Gear

thank you for the advice ive had it for about 2 weeks and put jsut about 1k miles on it its comfortable but my pants catch on the pegs and i like the look of forwards and the fact id be stretched out more because my knees tend to hurt on rides for being bent that long and the handlebars are nice but i like the look of mini apes and z bars i just need to try them out and are bike nights a harley thing? or where do i find one in my area? also sorry i havent posted a picture yet been working non stop with 3 hour turn around between shifts but ill have sunday off so ill be able to put a pic up then hopefully.

Old 12-26-2013, 03:27 PM
NowgFstCat
Tourer

Look at your local harley dealer or motorcycle shop and pick up the free magazines in the Lobby. They usually advertise the bike nights and swap meets.

Quick Reply: Have a new 2013 Superlow want to add