Support for The Troops and their Families This is the place to give and get information about Support for our Troops and their Families.

In Iraq...never ridden...too difficult?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 12:08 AM
YEFFRO12
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: In Iraq...never ridden...too difficult?

I bought mine in '07 while in Iraq. You get a great price from the get go,....and any money you put down between securing the bike and going home is interest free. That right there makes it worth it to me.

I would drive on over to Camp Liberty and plop down anywhere from a few hundred to 2g's for them to apply to my principle. They apply what you give them to your account and then run the (actual) finance paperwork right before you go home.

The only thing about going through AAFES is making sure you know what model/color you want. I changed my color after the initial order, but you might not always be able to do that because the bikes are alloted to AAFES from the MoCo.

Also be mindful of the spare bedroom full of parts from Zanotti's that you're liable to come home to. [8D]

Old 03-14-2008, 11:00 PM
1Harleyrdr
Road Captain

Sir,
Buy it someone in your unit can help you learn to ride. If you want it do it. He!! I taught the biggest block head Soldier in the world to ride a R-6. I can help you if you are close to me. Send me a P.M. If you want I am in theater too. Maybe same place?

Old 03-16-2008, 05:04 PM
courage
Intermediate

I have been over there a couple of times and I know that there are plenty of bikes over there to learn on. Look around your base and I am sure there is a unit or someone that has a little dirt bike or hadji scooter. They are very forgiving and easy to learn on. AND.... if you wreck it... it only cost 5-50 bucks to fix.

Old 03-16-2008, 07:11 PM
YEFFRO12
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: courage

I have been over there a couple of times and I know that there are plenty of bikes over there to learn on. Look around your base and I am sure there is a unit or someone that has a little dirt bike or hadji scooter. They are very forgiving and easy to learn on. AND.... if you wreck it... it only cost 5-50 bucks to fix.
We chipped in and bought a "hajji hog" in Afghanistan. That little thing was a blast. We wanted to bring it back, but were DENIED!

Old 03-19-2008, 12:21 PM
psc
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Do it...and get the biggest baddest bike you want. You can't beat the 6% financing they will give you! I bought mine in the IZ...had it delivered to homestation and was on in one week after returning. My only regret was not getting the one I really wanted!! I've since traded up--lesson learned.

Get home safe!

Old 04-05-2008, 08:47 PM
NotHere
Banned

You'd be a welcome member to the fold! Thank you for your service. You have my respect for your courage and contribution![sm=deal.gif]

Old 05-13-2008, 05:36 PM
Biggol
Road Warrior

Both my brother and I pulled the trigger on our bike purchases before we ever rode.

If you want it, make it happen. If you can do what you're currently doing, then you can handle a bike.
Thank you for your service!