The Dyno Room A special room dedicated for Dyno tuning products, troubleshooting and results. All Gearheads and Dyno Operators are welcome here as well as the guys that are new to tuning. Please see the special rules for this section before posting.

HARLEY: Screamin' Eagle Pro Street Tuner and '17 M8

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2017, 01:16 PM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

Received 2,953 Likes on 1,685 Posts

No, you don't have to. Well, I guess that depends on your definition of "have to", "should", etc..

The ECM can compensate, within a limited range, for small changes in air flow.

Don't take this the wrong way, but given the cost of a CVO, plus $500 for the Street Cannons, why wouldn't you spend $250 to make it run as good as it can?

Because, even though you don't "have to", there is no question that it will run better if you tune it to take advantage of the better air flow from the new slipons.

Old 05-31-2017, 10:27 AM
Millerc4
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Software down load issues

Originally Posted by Steve Helton
You have to purchase a set of cables 6 pin can-bus if its 14 or newer and you can load it in your computer and do the download yourself it's about a 5 minute job don't pay no 200.00 for a flash.
Hello,

i bought the new tuner and cable kit. I can't get the download to take on my laptop.
Whenever I hook the bike up and turn the ignition on, it does nothing.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Chris

Old 05-31-2017, 12:21 PM
texaswiz
Banned
Received 67 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Millerc4
Hello,

i bought the new tuner and cable kit. I can't get the download to take on my laptop.
Whenever I hook the bike up and turn the ignition on, it does nothing.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Chris
I had the same problem initially. Delete the software from the hard drive and try downloading it again. Hopefully the second time it will work for you.

Old 05-31-2017, 06:43 PM
rigidthumper
Stellar HDF Member

Received 5,450 Likes on 1,599 Posts

Make sure the run/stop switch is in the run position when attempting communication with the bike...

Old 02-01-2018, 10:29 PM
donnie hall
Stage I

Originally Posted by rigidthumper
Anybody with a Street tuner VCI, cable set, and a laptop can DIY.
Remember the ST is EPA approved, and will adjust the ECM in a very narrow scope. Adequate for the SE line of legal products, but may not have enough adjustment range for aftermarket parts. HD agreed to limit the stuff they sell, after paying a multi million dollar fine for providing EPA defeat devices. If you have warranty concerns, then use only their products. If not, there are much better tuning devices available.
i have a 2017 streetglide special, i currently have a stage 1 installed from harley{ financed it with the bike} im ready for a different set-up, i purchased power duals and twin slash slip-ons, i have a pro street tuner #41000008c ,is this sufficent to tune my bike? and i need the cable that comes with it! where can i purchase this? any help would be deeply apprecated as i wait for my upgrades from vance and hines

Old 02-02-2018, 05:16 AM
Slingshot383
Road Master
Received 402 Likes on 286 Posts

You can order them from any Harley dealer,or Harley online store, they are a Screamin Eagle part.

Old 02-06-2018, 11:33 AM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 216 Likes on 129 Posts

You can also use TTS cables, they are the same. Just make sure you get the right connector to the bike (4 PIN or 6 PIN)

Old 02-06-2018, 03:12 PM
Ed Ramberger
Stellar HDF Member
Received 887 Likes on 621 Posts

Originally Posted by Retrop
I asked the dealer last week about putting a stage I kit in my 2017 bike. I told him I would do the labor. He said that I would still have to have their service department do a flash install to marry the newly purchased Harley tuner to the bike. The cost to do this was going to be $125.00 for labor and $70.00 for various "shop supplies". My question is "how are you doing this yourself without using a Harley shop?
I hope they are going to kiss you and buy you flowers. Anyone can load the map if you buy the cables.

Old 02-07-2018, 10:04 AM
FLTRI17
Stellar HDF Member
Received 599 Likes on 414 Posts

Not bad for the dealer. $295 for 5 mins to marry and install a canned map without picking up a wrench!
Cables are about $40. Software is free. Approx 1/2 hr to learn and reprogram your own ECM.
Not a nice dealer IMO.
Bob

Old 06-13-2018, 09:28 AM
ScurvyPir8
Stage I
Default Free

Originally Posted by Retrop
Are you saying that when you buy the tuner from the dealer they are going to include a link to a site that will allow you to download the "flash" to the bike's ECM?
download

the link to the site is inside the box and just enter the serial number. I did the whole tune in 45 min from downloading to finish. Very easy

Quick Reply: HARLEY: Screamin' Eagle Pro Street Tuner and '17 M8