The Dyno Room A special room dedicated for Dyno tuning products, troubleshooting and results. All Gearheads and Dyno Operators are welcome here as well as the guys that are new to tuning. Please see the special rules for this section before posting.

HARLEY: Screamin' Eagle Pro Street Tuner and '17 M8

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2018, 12:06 PM
HD69HEAD
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why so? Why not SE pro It adjusts while you ride ?

Old 07-26-2018, 12:17 PM
jbarr1
Road Master
Received 278 Likes on 197 Posts

It can only adjust to EPA standards. Extremely limited capability.

Old 07-28-2018, 04:38 PM
HD69HEAD
Intermediate

ok then what are the best choices for the money?

Old 07-29-2018, 07:01 PM
Steve Cole
HD EFI Guru
Received 3,431 Likes on 1,577 Posts

Originally Posted by HD69HEAD
Slingshot383 . I understand that. So the question is what Tuner . Looking to hear from people who are like myself and are doing these things on their own. I have it down to 2 that I am considering . SE Smart Tune pro . And The Fuel Pak .
I am looking for some solid feedback as to the Pros and Cons on Both of these tuners . Anyone?
First off you would be better off learning to do it yourself then spending the money for the SE Smart Tune Pro. Many have tried and failed with it for a very good reason, it doesn't work as advertised just as the TargetTune from DJ failed and the EMS from Rev Performance failed before it. Monkey see monkey do in this case. Even if any of those were to worked they would only adjust the fuel, nothing for timing, EGR, Cam tuning ect. All the things you need to do to tune a bike correctly. Look to buy something that has the capability to do what you want now and later instead of spending the money several times over in the future.

Old 07-29-2018, 09:09 PM
Baldy 48
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by HD69HEAD
Slingshot383 . I understand that. So the question is what Tuner . Looking to hear from people who are like myself and are doing these things on their own. I have it down to 2 that I am considering . SE Smart Tune pro . And The Fuel Pak .
I am looking for some solid feedback as to the Pros and Cons on Both of these tuners . Anyone?
I'm going with the SE Tuner. I was told, and agreed with, that you can aftermarket everything except these parts. The tuner and ac is integral to the Harley engine, see. If the EPA restricts it, well, I got great-g'kids now, so the earth is more important than my vroom vroom.

Old 07-30-2018, 05:39 AM
Slingshot383
Road Master
Received 402 Likes on 286 Posts

The Street Tuner keeps your warranty intact (even though I have heard that there may be a shortage of them and some dealers are using a TTS Tuner). It is not as good as the Pro Super Tuner as some of the tuning variables have been restricted, it will work with all the bolt on Scream Eagle mods for the M8 engine.

Old 04-10-2019, 08:18 AM
LadderCo2
Novice

I just traded my 2012 Ultra for a brand new 2018 Ultra Limited. On my old 2012 I had the Power Commander installed at Big Barn HD in Des Moines IA. I talked to my local dealer and they recommended the SE Pro Street for my 18’ since my only plans are SE Breather and V&H Slip-on’s. Initially I am looking to keep the warranty intact...when the warranty is up that’s a different story. So my question is why do I even need the SE tuner? If it’s only job is to allow me to communicate with the ECM, doesn’t the dealer tech already have that ability? Why can’t they just upload a tune with their equipment?

Old 04-10-2019, 08:57 AM
IdahoHacker
Club Member

Received 2,953 Likes on 1,685 Posts

According to multiple experienced owners on this site, if you put non-HD V&H slip-ons on your bike, it might not matter how or if you retune it, your powertrain warranty is going to be at risk.

Second, if they simply upload a tune for you, they wouldn't be able to sell you a $250 tuner module.

And even if they were willing to do that, they do NOT have a tune for non-HD products. They would only be able to upload a tune for HD slip-ons, which would be sorta close, or not. Then, you would need to do some minor adjustments, and you will need a tuner module to do that.

Last edited by IdahoHacker; 04-10-2019 at 09:23 AM.
Old 04-10-2019, 07:53 PM
LadderCo2
Novice

The service department at the dealer didn't have an issue with the V&H slip-on's. They only cautioned me about the head pipe and non HD tuner. I am installing the SE HD Breather. They use the TTS tuner for the Stage 2 and up.

Last edited by LadderCo2; 04-10-2019 at 07:54 PM.
Old 04-10-2019, 09:02 PM
Steve Cole
HD EFI Guru
Received 3,431 Likes on 1,577 Posts

Originally Posted by LadderCo2
The service department at the dealer didn't have an issue with the V&H slip-on's. They only cautioned me about the head pipe and non HD tuner. I am installing the SE HD Breather. They use the TTS tuner for the Stage 2 and up.
HD has been looking more and more and no longer will warranty the bike if they find out about aftermarket mufflers. They claim that they have no way to know what is going to happen with the aftermarket parts, so they void the warranty now. I know its total BS but if your out on the road a lot it is something to be concerned about.

Quick Reply: HARLEY: Screamin' Eagle Pro Street Tuner and '17 M8