The Dyno Room A special room dedicated for Dyno tuning products, troubleshooting and results. All Gearheads and Dyno Operators are welcome here as well as the guys that are new to tuning. Please see the special rules for this section before posting.

HARLEY: Need help fine tuning SEPST

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2017, 05:47 PM
Badgoat
Intermediate
Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Need help fine tuning SEPST

Hello team,

I got my bike pretty well dialed in I think. But am still getting some slight decel pop during throttle roll off (just riding/up-shifting/down-shifting).

I included some pics of my tune to hopefully garner some help from you fine folks. I'm just not sure how to proceed forward and I don't want to mess with settings that I'm still not a 100% on.

Bike is a 2017 Heritage Softail Classic, Arlen Ness Big Sucker Stage 1, V&H slash cut slip-ons.

Thank you in advance!

Old 09-09-2017, 06:36 PM
Badgoat
Intermediate
Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

So, I'm working my way through all 300'ish pages of the SEPST thread...on page 56 I ran across this. Can anyone tell me if they think the below quote would do the trick?

Originally Posted by PistonPuller
Try this. Take your 0(zero), 2 and 5% throttle positions (in your VE tables) from 1500 RPM's and up (to 6000) RPM's and add 10 to both the front and rear. That will help with the decel pop. If it doesn't get rid of it, add some more.
This was a suggestion from Harleytuner that I used and it worked out my decel popping. I still have that slight decel gurgle that comes with duals, but no popping. Another thing I did with my afr was set all the 20 map to 12.9. Basically used the table that was suggested a few pages back, only the 20 map I have set like I said.
My thought process is to change the VE on the front and rear cylinder by adding the 10% from the 2500-8000rpm/3-4% range. What do you fine folks think?

Thank you in advance.

Old 12-09-2017, 06:43 AM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 216 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Badgoat
So, I'm working my way through all 300'ish pages of the SEPST thread...on page 56 I ran across this. Can anyone tell me if they think the below quote would do the trick?

My thought process is to change the VE on the front and rear cylinder by adding the 10% from the 2500-8000rpm/3-4% range. What do you fine folks think?

Thank you in advance.
Yes that should help, if you're bike has throttle cables you just adjust the 0 (zero) column and not the 0, 2 and 5% problems.

Old 12-09-2017, 03:59 PM
marcodarq
Stellar HDF Member
Received 716 Likes on 566 Posts

or you could work with your decel enleanment table.....i'd try that first if you are happy with your VE values.
m