The Dyno Room A special room dedicated for Dyno tuning products, troubleshooting and results. All Gearheads and Dyno Operators are welcome here as well as the guys that are new to tuning. Please see the special rules for this section before posting.

HARLEY: FP3 tuner and Cobra Slipons

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2018, 12:43 PM
Luvtofish
Stage IV
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default FP3 tuner and Cobra Slipons

I’m going to be be tuning my 17 TG with an FP3 tuner. I have recently installed the AN 10 gauge interverted AC and Cobra 909 Twin slipons with 2.25” baffles. Since the Cobra muffs are not an option in FP3, does anyone know a good equivalent I can select?

Old 07-26-2018, 12:15 AM
XWFONinja
Intermediate
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I ran the Monster slash rounds option to start with mine (I have the MF Hitman Mufflers) and that map worked well with my 'Stage 1'. I then auto-tuned it from there but didn't seem to really run any better than that original map, although my mileage did get better over some time. Kinda weird, not sure if anyone else has noticed this or just my imagination. After loading a final tune, the stock ecm after a tank or two seems to 'mesh' with the new tune.
I believe your mufflers are similar to those Monster Slash rounds, you just want to select a muffler similar in design and size. I have since gone to a stage 2 with the SE447 and a V&H Power Dual header. Had V&H customer service upload a new map with the cam and new components. (great service by the way) Works pretty well now but I should have went with an aftermarket cam due to the warranty issue with aftermarket and HD. Oh well, probably going to try a FM 117 kit over the winter. Got the bug now, only if I could find a good builder/tuner near the Reno area.
Good luck and have fun!

Old 07-26-2018, 07:50 AM
Luvtofish
Stage IV
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for sharing your experience! I ended up calling V&H customer support who told me to select the V&H Twin Slash Round slipons. Having done that and flashed my ECU, I’m now burning through the first tank of gas. The Bike seems to run cooler and with more pep! I love the ability to monitor the sensor detail on my smart phone. I also plan on running auto tune at some point to refine the tune even further. Thanks!