"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Iron and Clematis Saturday Feb 13th WPB

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2016, 05:31 PM
uklauren
Florida Crew Moderator
Received 3,389 Likes on 1,560 Posts
Default Iron and Clematis Saturday Feb 13th WPB

The 3rd Annual Iron & Clematis Vintage Motorcycle Festival will be held February 13, 2016, 11 am-8pm, in the historic section of Downtown West Palm Beach. Iron & Clematis delighted over 8000 spectators amidst hundreds of classic and vintage motorcycles and continues to build a dedicated following. Iron & Clematis is organized by the Vintage Iron Club (VIC), a not for profit organization that supports worthy charities.

I've been the last 2 years, there are some nice bikes and a few vendors. The worst part is the parking. There is nowhere and I mean nowhere to park bikes let alone cars, except a multi story parking lot and they charge for that.

Everybody has complained about the parking in the last 2 years. I will probably pass this year. If anybody goes let me know if they decided to let bikes park on local streets.

Old 02-11-2016, 10:53 AM
Ycbrewster
Road Captain
Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

I do want to ride Saturday. But I guess it won't be this. It's suppose to be beautiful on Saturday!

Old 02-11-2016, 02:12 PM
Joe_G
Stellar HDF Member
Received 100 Likes on 81 Posts

I can't go on Saturday, lunch date with Grandma and the kids. It does look like a great event, I would have loved to see that wheel of death thing they did last year.

Best bet would probably be ride to a local biker tavern then Uber to/from the event...lol I've been Ubering a lot lately and the prices aren't bad at all.

I'll ride to Cafe 27 Sunday afternoon, should be busy with interesting bikes. It's been packed lately with all the Canucks in town. As always Flossies has free dinner at 5 pm, I often go from the Cafe to Flossies to check out the bikes (and crowd) there. I usually strike up a conversation at both places, just seems to happen.

Matter of fact from Flossies FB page:

This Sunday 2/14..... Flossie's Sunday Funday is going to be SWEET!!!! We have Music by ROUGH SHOT, complimentary buffet @5 with our bucket and Jell-O shot specials. There will be an undisclosed number of Jell-O shots with a heart candy in them.... those with the candy in their Jell-O shot will win a gift .....gifts include cash prizes, gift certificates and more!!! Bring your sweetie by for a great afternoon of fun!!! ❤������❤

Old 02-13-2016, 01:59 PM
uklauren
Florida Crew Moderator
Received 3,389 Likes on 1,560 Posts

Against better judgement I went. I was in the area with some friends so we ended up there, paid $5 for parking, the show is 20-30 mins of walking around max.

It's a small event but I don't want to go again. Note to self ....