"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Done With Six Bends

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2017, 09:16 AM
ISP-FLHTK
Road Captain
Received 114 Likes on 84 Posts
Default Done With Six Bends

Even though I have owned other Harley's, last year was my first ever brand new one, which I bought at Six Bends (Ft. Myers). Even though they messed up some initial paperwork after the deal I was happy with the price and delivery (new Trike).

That was the last time they impressed me. Called to get my 1,000 miles service scheduled and their price was "a little over $520 without synthetic fluids". So I called Bert's and they did my 1,000 miles service with full synthetics for under $300.00. STRIKE ONE.

Then after a new months I noticed my front brake lever was going almost all the way to the grip and I had lost much of the braking power, plus my parking brake was not holding. Made appointment and they bled the brakes and claimed to have fixed parking brake. Both of their fixes lasted a few days and it had to go back. This time they wanted to keep it overnight and "watch" it, whatever that means. Picked it up and they said they really didn't know what was wrong with it but they ordered a new brake line anyway. STRIKE TWO.

This week brake line came in and I scheduled appointment. I had the service tech look up the job before I left dealership so I could more or less plan my day and arrange my ride back to get the bike when done. He said it was a 2 hour job. My bike was there at the 10am agreed to appointment time and at 2:20 I was calling to find out it would be done between 4 and 4:30. When I suggested to the female service tech that they must have put other customers in front of me she got snooty and said "we would never do that".

Picked up bike and they had replaced brake line and master cylinder. First thing I had heard about a bad master cylinder. She took her time getting my paperwork and even stopped the process to go get some other customers helmet. When she finally provided my paperwork to me she didn't go over anything. STRIKE THREE.

My riding buddy and I both bought new Trikes in the same week from Six Bends. Between those initial purchases and some additional money spent in that facility we figure we have given them just under $70,000 in the past 8 months. We will gladly drive the additional 8 miles to Bert's from this point forward.

I don't expect a dealership to kiss my *** just because I bought a new bike from them. I simply want them to half way honor appointment times when set, not take 3 service visits to fix a brake issue, and not charge double what other dealerships charge for regular service.

Old 04-06-2017, 10:42 AM
Beak
Road Master
Received 284 Likes on 131 Posts

Been there, done that!!!Quit using them a long time ago. Have the same stories. Plus everything in the store that's hanging on the wall, is marked up 15% over what you pay in the catalog. Wanted a few things for the bike, looked them up in the Harley catalog so I knew the price, 15% more. Asked the parts guy, he just said you noticed that huh? To his credit he gave me 10% off, still more than the parts catalog which is already high enough.
I guess Karma is a Bitch.......all of Six Bends employees, from the General manager to the service writers, have left and went to Black Widow HD. Six Bends is in trouble, they cancelled phase 2. That was all the retail stuff that was to be developed across from the dealer. What few events they host don't draw bikers. He had a good thing going and forgot one thing......you have to treat your employees with trust and respect.
Scott Fisher owns Six Bends, plus 5 other dealerships around the country, including Naples HD, but Six Bends was to be his top destination.
Sad to watch it crumble.

The following users liked this post:
ISP-FLHTK (04-08-2017)
Old 04-07-2017, 08:48 AM
ISP-FLHTK
Road Captain

I had talked to an employee at Bert's who said generally the same thing about most of them came from Six Bends to work up at Black Widow. I live up in the NE corner of the Cape so distance wise it is only about 8 miles more for me to go up to Bert's as compared to Six Bend's. It could be 40 miles further and I wouldn't care because except for required warranty work I don't hang at dealerships anyway.

It will be interesting to watch and see how Six Bends operates in the next few years. Scott Fisher needs to start paying attention or there will be another car dealership in that huge building he built out there.

Old 04-09-2017, 06:37 AM
B3vis
Cruiser
Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Last June I walked into Six Bends to price out a new bike...after the attitude and snide remarks I got...I walked out 20 minutes later and drove to Bert's. I was Priced and made a great rainy day offer, that I bought a new RGS. Let six do a simply recall fix, that they screwed up, and had to go to Bert's to have fixed. I now ride from Lake O to Port Charlotte for anything I cant't get online or fix myself.

ISP-FLHTK (04-09-2017)
Old 04-09-2017, 07:39 AM
ISP-FLHTK
Road Captain

Originally Posted by B3vis
Last June I walked into Six Bends to price out a new bike...after the attitude and snide remarks I got...

That was actually my first indication also, but I didn't listen to my brain at the time. I think if you hang out there several times a week or get to know some of the employees they may treat you better. They sure don't give a crap about their actual bike customers though.

Old 04-10-2017, 10:14 AM
Beak
Road Master
Received 284 Likes on 131 Posts

There sales force turns over so fast, the business cards they give you had their names hand written on them. Most don't know anything about the product they sell, or motorcycles in general.
The one positive is the guy that works in the Parts Counter....Brodie, he is usually wearing a cowboy hat, he is knowledgeable, and a good guy. He will usually cut you a deal on parts if he can.

Old 04-10-2017, 12:02 PM
PRrdglide
Road Master
Received 55 Likes on 52 Posts

I had bought a 14 limited from them new before they moved. Was on a ride keep hearing a noise. Stopped by six bends ask if someone could just take it for a ride . Said I would have to make an appointment. For a couple of days later. Granted I realize that the do have schedules. But felt that this could be safety related. So I ask Chachi, one of the main sales people there if he could take the bike for a ride .He did and he took it directly to the service department after his ride, bad front wheel bearings 3100 miles. When I ask service department if they could have someone test ride the bike I was not expecting it to be worked on. Just if it was safe to ride . I did leave the bike there to be repaired . It was repaired in a timely manner. I ended trading the limited for a trike and it wasn't at Six Bends . I did receive a flyer that stated they were having an exhaust sale with 50 install. So I got a good deal on slip on that I wanted . Had them install them . No problem till I went to get the paperwork and keys. Now mind you everything is paid for . Some service guy in a ride way wanted to know who in the hell quoted a $50 insulation for the pipes on a trike. After pointing out all the flyers around his service desk that had it advertised he finally stopped his rant. He did even apologize. Now I live about 10 minutes from them . I don't get anything from them any more. I just order my stuff from broad tracker in Wisconsin get it delivered to my door at least 25% off no sales tax no hassle and I do all the work myself anyhow.

ISP-FLHTK (04-11-2017)
Old 04-11-2017, 07:42 AM
ISP-FLHTK
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Beak
There sales force turns over so fast, the business cards they give you had their names hand written on them. Most don't know anything about the product they sell, or motorcycles in general.
The one positive is the guy that works in the Parts Counter....Brodie, he is usually wearing a cowboy hat, he is knowledgeable, and a good guy. He will usually cut you a deal on parts if he can.

Don't know if Brodie has ever waited on me at parts counter or not. I will say that the few times I have picked up something at the parts counter they have been okay to work with. The gals in the clothing section are pretty helpful also. My wife had to exchange a jacket I got her for her birthday and she commented how helpful they were.

Of course they probably make most of their profit during the winter months in clothing and maybe even parts. With all the visitors to SW Florida I am sure tons of visiting riders stop in for t-shirts and such. But being a resident what matters to me the most is a good service department and fair treatment.

Old 04-11-2017, 03:51 PM
BuzzCap7
Received 18,341 Likes on 10,703 Posts
Default NEW Website.............. Boca Motorcycle Riding Club

G'day mates.

We just started/MODIFIED our website.

If you are in the Palm Beach or Broward County area's, check us out. Join us if you like. If you are from any of the other counties.......who am I kidding? There are no other counties worth talking about. LOL "I so funi!"

www.BocaMotorcycleRidingClub.com or click HERE.

Suggestions for website improvements or rides are always encouraged.

We ride mainly Wednesday evenings, Saturdays, and doing more and more overnights .

We are working on our logo which will be posted on our site a.s.a.p.

Looking forward to hearing from you. Well, unless you are from one of the other counties. LOL!! I did it again! Man, "I so funi!"

BuzzCap7

Old 04-15-2017, 07:46 AM
The Worm
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They are the absolute worst Harley Dealer I have ever dealt with. I have tried over the last 14 years to buy my new bike from them and each time (5) I have walked out so frustrated and bought someplace else. Last time was for a new 2017 Road Glide Ultra after my Classic had been in their shop for a month I finally said hey give me a price on a new bike. They offered me $4000 for a 08 Ultra Classic with 60,000 miles after I had spent 2500 on repairs. "Nobody Beats our Deal" is their mantra well I went to Bert's and in two hours I walked out with my new bike and it cost me $7000 less than Six Bends. Steer clear of their dealership everything sucks about it! Oh and by the way I emailed my sales deal to the sales guy at Six Bends and suggested that other dealers Beat their Deal! never heard from him...

Quick Reply: Done With Six Bends