"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Helmet Liner

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2018, 07:26 AM
BuzzCap7
Received 18,341 Likes on 10,703 Posts

Originally Posted by OzHD
But... but... it'll be handy when you get a nose-bleed... *ducks behind sofa*
There are ducks behind your sofa? LOL 'juss getting you back. *Ducks behind sofa* ...................finds you there.

OK... in a serious note - what's the problem with washing the liner in warm soapy water then rinsing it and drying it on the line?
I mean... they are removable for cleaning, so they should make them from something cleanable. (Check any labels first, just in cases)

It might not hurt to have two of them and swap them in and out when the other is wet,
It was (past tense) a PIA. Taking the liner out normally was not that easy and the SENA wiring made it MORE difficult.

But now, since I rewired the helmet (probably the way it should have been done the 1st time) and I am leaving the ear pieces in since that is where the speakers are and these things do not get sweaty much, it is easier to do.

Considering it is like ALWAYS in the 90's here lately for MONTHS, I am sweating DAILY and a LOT so it means taking the liner out and washing it is a 1 or 2 times a week. What a chore.

Since the liner is coming out and in so much, it is easier due to my knowing how to do it better or it is just "wearing" allowing me to snap it in and out easier or both. STILL a PIA to do it so freaking often. <-- That is why I was spraying it with REFRESH or something like that.

BuzzCap7

Old 07-27-2018, 07:34 AM
OzHD
Banned
Received 437 Likes on 296 Posts

Originally Posted by BuzzCap7
There are ducks behind your sofa? LOL 'juss getting you back. *Ducks behind sofa* ...................finds you there.
Who do you think was giving you the blood nose?
Those ducks can be vicious.

Now there you, me, AND the damn ducks behind this sofa.

*looks over*
"WTF are you doing to that duck??? EWWW??"

It was (past tense) a PIA. Taking the liner out normally was not that easy and the SENA wiring made it MORE difficult.

But now, since I rewired the helmet (probably the way it should have been done the 1st time) and I am leaving the ear pieces in since that is where the speakers are and these things do not get sweaty much, it is easier to do.

Considering it is like ALWAYS in the 90's here lately for MONTHS, I am sweating DAILY and a LOT so it means taking the liner out and washing it is a 1 or 2 times a week. What a chore.

Since the liner is coming out and in so much, it is easier due to my knowing how to do it better or it is just "wearing" allowing me to snap it in and out easier or both. STILL a PIA to do it so freaking often. <-- That is why I was spraying it with REFRESH or something like that.
That "multiple removal" - there's not a lot you can do about that except to have about 2-4 liners and wash one and put a new one in for the next day, rotate them.

The spray things can help but they really are just masking the problem - the sweat and bacteria will still be there.
Oh - unless you spray with a disinfectant spray - that might help. Dettol make a good pressurised spray disinfectant.

It VERY much depends on what your liners are made from - if they can stand a dunking in alcohol (warning: ducks don't like it) (it's pretty safe stuff for materials but less so for some plastics) then that will kill anything on or in the liner and will dry out quickly too.
Isopropyl alcohol (surgical spirit) isn't dear. But do your checks first, don't jump on me or the ducks if it buggers over.

"QUACK"
"Step away from the duck, sir, please!"

Old 07-27-2018, 07:51 AM
BuzzCap7

Who do you think was giving you the blood nose?
Those ducks can be vicious.

Now there you, me, AND the damn ducks behind this sofa.

*looks over*
"WTF are you doing to that duck??? EWWW??"

That "multiple removal" - there's not a lot you can do about that except to have about 2-4 liners and wash one and put a new one in for the next day, rotate them.

The spray things can help but they really are just masking the problem - the sweat and bacteria will still be there.
Oh - unless you spray with a disinfectant spray - that might help. Dettol make a good pressurised spray disinfectant.

It VERY much depends on what your liners are made from - if they can stand a dunking in alcohol (warning: ducks don't like it) (it's pretty safe stuff for materials but less so for some plastics) then that will kill anything on or in the liner and will dry out quickly too.
Isopropyl alcohol (surgical spirit) isn't dear. But do your checks first, don't jump on me or the ducks if it buggers over.

"QUACK"
"Step away from the duck, sir, please!"
GREAT humor my friend...........with everyone was more lighthearted. <-- Make believe that is a duck.
Forgot to mention, after I spin dry the liner, it really comes out so dry (due to it being so porous I guess) I could (but do not) put it right back into the helmet.

I leave it out overnight and we are Good To Go in the a.m.

THANK YOU for your input, u did not "duck" out of any questions I asked.

Thanks again!

BuzzCap7

Old 07-27-2018, 08:07 AM
J3TVETTE
Cruiser
Received 43 Likes on 28 Posts

I try to wash mine AT LEAST once per month. To be honest, I wear a 3/4 with a face shield and sometimes it gets brutal. I try to keep the face shield open quite a bit to get some air in there but highway riding, no thanks. It's been brutally hot here lately and I have been daily driving the bike.

Old 07-27-2018, 01:19 PM
OzHD
Banned

GREAT humor my friend...........with everyone was more lighthearted. <-- Make believe that is a duck.
It does look a bit like a duck - but the movement of it made me wonder what you were doing to that duck behind the sofa!

Don't duck the issue now.

(oh, geez, even I'm ashamed of that pun!)

Old 07-28-2018, 09:54 AM
BuzzCap7

It does look a bit like a duck - but the movement of it made me wonder what you were doing to that duck behind the sofa!

Don't duck the issue now.

(oh, geez, even I'm ashamed of that pun!)
LOL. No worries abt what we may have been doing behind the sofa but I do have a restraining order I may have violated. Am supposed to stay 10 feet away from any farm animals until 2022. August 16th to be exact. 'doh!

BuzzCap7

Old 07-28-2018, 11:17 AM
OzHD
Banned

LOL. No worries abt what we may have been doing behind the sofa but I do have a restraining order I may have violated. Am supposed to stay 10 feet away from any farm animals until 2022. August 16th to be exact. 'doh!

BuzzCap7
I won't tell if you won't tell....

Anyway, the ducks were willing... and adult.

Old 07-28-2018, 12:20 PM
BuzzCap7

I won't tell if you won't tell....

Anyway, the ducks were willing... and adult.
Ok, now ya scaring me. THAT is what I said to the judge and he threatened me with mocking him in his own court and if I did it again I would be looking at 30 days in the pen. I said to the judge, if it was the pig pen I would be ok with that. He gave me 90 days. I said to the judge what happened to the 30 days and he said with a straight face, I just got porked.

My atty nudged me to shut up and I heeded the nudge. When it was over, he wrote down 60 days so I am figuring the judge was feeling bad abt the 90 days.

Oddly, I still can't eat duck or pig. I think if I did, I would have to spend more time in prison. Do not know if u spent time in prison but it is not fun.

Hey......this all came up bcs u brought up the sofa and duck thing. Hell! I thought u were my friend.

BuzzCap7

Old 07-28-2018, 12:28 PM
OzHD
Banned

Ok, now ya scaring me. THAT is what I said to the judge and he threatened me with mocking him in his own court and if I did it again I would be looking at 30 days in the pen. I said to the judge, if it was the pig pen I would be ok with that. He gave me 90 days. I said to the judge what happened to the 30 days and he said with a straight face, I just got porked.

My atty nudged me to shut up and I heeded the nudge. When it was over, he wrote down 60 days so I am figuring the judge was feeling bad abt the 90 days.

Oddly, I still can't eat duck or pig. I think if I did, I would have to spend more time in prison. Do not know if u spent time in prison but it is not fun.

Hey......this all came up bcs u brought up the sofa and duck thing. Hell! I thought u were my friend.

BuzzCap7
I was until you violated that duck... and the sofa... I mean... the duck was adult and consenting... the sofa didn't say anything to agree with what I witnessed.
(Gonna send you a bill for the eyeball bleach for that image too).

I feel bad for bringing back the sad memories though... I can't duck my responsibility for that. I liked the joking too much and made a pig of myself.

Still.... I guess we're both quackers... ROLF!

Old 07-28-2018, 01:22 PM
BuzzCap7

I was until you violated that duck... and the sofa... I mean... the duck was adult and consenting... the sofa didn't say anything to agree with what I witnessed.
(Gonna send you a bill for the eyeball bleach for that image too).

I feel bad for bringing back the sad memories though... I can't duck my responsibility for that. I liked the joking too much and made a pig of myself.

Still.... I guess we're both quackers... ROLF!
Sofa so good on your part. If you try to duck your responsibility as noted above, and you being so young, that would make you a duckling. I don't want to get a Mallard (get that? it is a type of duck) and hit you in your bill.

I think you are right, it would make us both quackers and since ducks like quackers and quackers are always getting lost in the sofa, then we would be meeting our demise.

I thought the bleach was for your eye stye. <-- You know, stye as a stye on your eye and a pigs sty. Oh come on man, if I have to start explaining all of these to you.........I will be a monkeys uncle and that will only bring in 1 more animals would be my gander. <-- Gander. Did u get that one? (I so funi! Truth be told u r funnier.)

Pls send your eye bleach bill to:
Ruba-Dub-Dub Farm
4 You Circle
McDonald, Ohio 71441-0004
USA

BuzzCap7

Quick Reply: Helmet Liner