"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

The Thing.........

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2018, 09:37 AM
Prof Rene
Stellar HDF Member
Received 3,464 Likes on 1,209 Posts

Originally Posted by shorelasHD
The highest point in Southwest Florida is Indian Hill on Marco Island at 55 feet above sea level.
Not true, Sugarloaf Mountain in Lake County is the fifth highest, but most central. Here is a link to info on it https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sugarl...tain_(Florida)

I grew up on Key Biscayne Island and Flipper (tv show) was filmed there at the Miami Seaquarium.

Old 07-31-2018, 10:05 AM
Daytona Fat Boy
Road Warrior
Received 187 Likes on 151 Posts

Well, if you're in Pasco County, you're close to a strip club!

Old 07-31-2018, 10:37 AM
Prof Rene
Stellar HDF Member
Received 3,464 Likes on 1,209 Posts

Originally Posted by Daytona Fat Boy
Well, if you're in Pasco County, you're close to a strip club!
Umm I think that is dale mabry in Tampa. lol.

Old 07-31-2018, 08:43 PM
BuzzCap7
Received 18,341 Likes on 10,703 Posts

In Rosewood (east of Cedar Key) there was a famous slaughter of black people there. Whites and blacks were getting along I think find until a white girl claimed a black guy raped her.

There is a plaque to this effect on the road going into Cedar Key in Rosewood.

I think a movie was even done about this horrible event.

BuzzCap7

Old 08-01-2018, 07:21 AM
J F GO
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,346 Likes on 1,746 Posts

Originally Posted by BuzzCap7
Cedar Key: Which is NOT down the keys.
This is a very unassuming key.

You ride in their and it is very much “so-so”. Until you get to the very end when all of a sudden with no prior announcement when you ride on to Dock St or Ave, all of a sudden it looks like someone flipped a switch and you went through a space vortex or hole and popped out in Rockport Maine.

Absolutely gorgeous! And 100% totally unexpected. I would even say “odd” but beautiful.

BuzzCap7
Couldn't agree with you more. The only thing I don't like about going there, (and we go there lots) is that "right straight ahead" for 26 miles, not even one corner. If not for that store by the camp ground to stop at, I think my **** would leave me. But I sure do like it there. Not to many people around and very friendly locals.

Old 08-01-2018, 07:36 AM
Campy Roadie
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,063 Likes on 2,501 Posts

There are only two things wrong with Florida.

1. Straight roads

2. People from New York

The following users liked this post:
Muffbrorick (08-09-2018)
Old 08-01-2018, 08:26 AM
Nokkon Wud
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,497 Likes on 809 Posts

Originally Posted by Nomadmax
There are only two things wrong with Florida.

1. Straight roads

2. People from New York
Let's clarify this a bit. How about people from NYC? LOL

I'm a New Yorker, been here over 30 years. I grew up with silos and milking cows not skyscrapers or Taxis.

The following 2 users liked this post by Nokkon Wud:
BuzzCap7 (08-01-2018), Campy Roadie (08-01-2018)
Old 08-01-2018, 09:11 AM
Campy Roadie
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 5,063 Likes on 2,501 Posts

Originally Posted by Raider Bill
Let's clarify this a bit. How about people from NYC? LOL

I'm a New Yorker, been here over 30 years. I grew up with silos and milking cows not skyscrapers or Taxis.
Agreed

Old 08-01-2018, 09:53 AM
BuzzCap7
Received 18,341 Likes on 10,703 Posts

Originally Posted by J F GO
Couldn't agree with you more. The only thing I don't like about going there, (and we go there lots) is that "right straight ahead" for 26 miles, not even one corner. If not for that store by the camp ground to stop at, I think my **** would leave me. But I sure do like it there. Not to many people around and very friendly locals.
Understood.

Are you aware there is an AIRPORT on Cedar Key? (I will let that sink in for a moment.)

I know what you are thinking, that place is not big enough to have an airport. LOL. I learned recently that just north of Cedar key there is an island or what looks like an island that is actually a fat peninsula and the only thing on it is an airport. LOL.

If you check it out and cannot find it, let me know and I will grab a picture of it for you if you want to check it out. Pretty cool.

Oh, on the way in to Cedar key there is a house on the left side that is a bit colorful and is called Kona Joe's I think it is. GREAT GREAT place for breakfst. You famillar with it. Eat out back in the usually dry riverbed kind of thingy.

BuzzCap7

Old 08-01-2018, 10:08 AM
Nokkon Wud
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,497 Likes on 809 Posts

Originally Posted by BuzzCap7
Understood.

Are you aware there is an AIRPORT on Cedar Key? (I will let that sink in for a moment.)

I know what you are thinking, that place is not big enough to have an airport. LOL. I learned recently that just north of Cedar key there is an island or what looks like an island that is actually a fat peninsula and the only thing on it is an airport. LOL.

If you check it out and cannot find it, let me know and I will grab a picture of it for you if you want to check it out. Pretty cool.

Oh, on the way in to Cedar key there is a house on the left side that is a bit colorful and is called Kona Joe's I think it is. GREAT GREAT place for breakfst. You famillar with it. Eat out back in the usually dry riverbed kind of thingy.

BuzzCap7
When I first bought the RKC in 05 3 of us went to CK for a party and spent the night. I found the airport around 10pm deserted so doing what any good red blooded biker would do I got on the runway and did some high speed roll outs to see how my "new" bike would take some speed. The first 2 went well. 3rd one got a bit sporty when I found out CK has a Police Dept. Luckily I was able to get back to the party without any one on one time with LE. He pulled up to the party and asked if a black bike with a lot of blond passenger had just pulled in. Of course nobody said anything and being most of the bikes were black and a good half of the girls were bottle blondes it didn't go any further.
Later that night he came back around to chat about bikes. Cool Dude.

We ride up there a couple times a year for a fish sammy and some Tonys world class chowder.

Quick Reply: The Thing.........