"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

My Little Ride to Alaska

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2010, 02:15 PM
FBLJosh
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HDRick
Go gettem' Jerry. Thanks for the other "Spot" tracker FBLJosh
No problem. I'm trying to find more to link to. I'm just going to facebook, myspace, and twitter to find these. I'm sure there are more out there.

Old 06-21-2010, 03:10 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

Originally Posted by FBLJosh
Just a little update: Okay, between the 3 people I'm tracking, MB is behind, that is, if his tracker is up to date. MB, within 10 minutes ago, was just south of Columbus, Ga. Then there's one guy ahead of him, just south of Lagrange, Ga. The last guy I'm tracking is just north of Birmingham, AL. This is really cool to watch their progress! Wish I were there.....
Cool. Do you have the link to track MB on Spot?

Old 06-21-2010, 03:22 PM
FBLJosh
Road Captain

No, as far as I know, he's only got Google Latitude, and it's not updating as frequently for some reason. Maybe because it's coming from a phone instead of an actual GPS transmitter. As of right now (I just checked), it's still saying he's in Dawson, Ga. But that was 2 hours ago that it was updated. So, I'm guessing (judging by how long it took these other guys) that he's somewhere around LaGrange, Ga. Or has already crossed over to Alabama.

If anybody wants to, you can go to spotadventures.com and create a profile and watch about 8 different people that I've found. There are 2 that are kind of neck and neck. But their routes are different from eachother. One is going west from Birmingham and one is going north from Birmingham. So I don't know how strict the routes are. It's real interesting to watch the progress though.

Old 06-21-2010, 03:28 PM
FBLJosh
Road Captain

Okay, I think I figured the whole google latitude thing, and why it's not updating all the time. I have it on my phone and it kept saying I was north of here. That's where I was yesterday. I just logged into the latitude program on my phone and it finally updated where I'm at now. So, if MB isn't logging into the program on his phone, it's not going to update it. When it's updated, that means he's stopped for some reason (obviously).

Old 06-21-2010, 03:39 PM
Bertk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 203 Likes on 177 Posts

Thanks for the update Josh.

Old 06-21-2010, 03:52 PM
Just Dave
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Here is another I found on face book that constantly updates and it has the historical route and it is not as cluttered as spottracker is. http://www.hokaheygreg.com/followme.html

Old 06-21-2010, 05:25 PM
FBLJosh
Road Captain

Found this youtube link for a little rider update from earlier today: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2S5kbbcGA0o

Old 06-21-2010, 05:47 PM
Just Dave
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Good find Josh , keep em coming!

Old 06-21-2010, 06:02 PM
kimbo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Josh, thanks for the updates and posts. I have also been searching sites for updates and to me it appears that Carlos and the other guy on Spot are about 3 hours ahead of MB. But then again MB's data may not be correct due to the GL lag. I also saw another post on FB about how the lead riders at the last check point would have to be doing 80 MPH on a direct route. Also interesting to hear that they didn't chip the riders and they have to keep gas receipts. I did e-mail MB and will let you guys know if I hear from him.

Old 06-21-2010, 06:28 PM
FBLJosh
Road Captain

I read on a facebook update that the first 2 riders hit the second checkpoint at around 2 this afternoon in Mississippi. That's several hours ahead of the two lead guys I'm watching from the spot website. I can't wait to see how all of this turns out.

Quick Reply: My Little Ride to Alaska