"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Finally bought one....

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2010, 07:21 PM
Mebeebo
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally bought one....

I installed the detachable windshield and will need to make some adjustments to it this weekend. It starts buffeting at about 50 -55 and after awhile it gets annoying.

Attached Thumbnails Finally bought one....-imag0206.jpg  
Old 10-20-2010, 08:08 PM
Just Dave
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Might as well just go ahead and get a WindVest and quit fooling with trying beat that buffeting. Ben there and done that brother and a wind vest was the final answer.

Old 10-20-2010, 09:06 PM
murph
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

Lost another one to the windshield wimps.

Old 10-20-2010, 09:13 PM
Mebeebo
Road Master

hey, I do not mind riding without one. But, it will be nice not having the wind beat on your chest while on the highway.

Old 10-20-2010, 09:22 PM
cHarley
Club Member
Received 299 Likes on 228 Posts

Originally Posted by murph
Lost another one to the windshield wimps.
It's supposed to be in the upper 30's when I hit the road for home in the morning. Yep, I'm a wimp....

Old 10-20-2010, 09:39 PM
Phlip96
Outstanding HDF Member

We all know the people that have ridden for years without one and once they buy one, they wonder why they waited so long to get one. These people also NEVER take it off because they know better. Not only helps the wind at high speeds but flying debris such as pebbles sandblasting dragonflies and other critters. It's commonly called wimpshield but it's a difference of experience really, you get to feel the ride and not what is on the ride! Don't get me wrong the riders that are practically in a bubble are taking it a bit too far, unless in the case of the northerners where the cold is just unreasonable.

Old 10-21-2010, 05:08 AM
Just Dave
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

I rode without for years and years and always wanted one for the interstates just to get that wind off my chest but just coud not find anything that was not hateful and buffeted bad. The factory Harley Davidson ones are the worst out there for it IMO and I have tried them all. All kinds of adjusting, cutting, readjusting, all to no avail. Got a windvest and wah-lah, Problem solved. Works like a windshield should and no buffeting! My chest muscles thank the windvest corp. Good luck getting that adjusted right, If you want to try some different ones before you get the windvest let me know, I have a few laying around here.

Old 10-21-2010, 07:08 AM
Mebeebo
Road Master

Originally Posted by Just Dave
I rode without for years and years and always wanted one for the interstates just to get that wind off my chest but just coud not find anything that was not hateful and buffeted bad. The factory Harley Davidson ones are the worst out there for it IMO and I have tried them all. All kinds of adjusting, cutting, readjusting, all to no avail. Got a windvest and wah-lah, Problem solved. Works like a windshield should and no buffeting! My chest muscles thank the windvest corp. Good luck getting that adjusted right, If you want to try some different ones before you get the windvest let me know, I have a few laying around here.

Thanks Dave, I truly appreciate the offer. I was researching the windvest this week and I am going to get one. I will also do a little adjustment on the shield, as I want it a tad lower.

A few weeks ago there was this flatbed that must have hauled some concrete equipment. I was getting pegged with little pebbles and sand all over the face. I could not get past him (for awhile) because of the traffic around me. Also, there is nothing cool getting whipped in the face by a dragonfly doing 75 - 80.

Old 10-21-2010, 07:11 AM
PoorBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Mebeebo
hey, I do not mind riding without one. But, it will be nice not having the wind beat on your chest while on the highway.
Exactly.... But I think you lose membership to those 1% clubs now..... heeee heeeee heeeeeeee.