"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

BlueRidgeParkway,,,here I come!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 05:34 PM
Sefferdog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Gator
Another one of life's mysteries.
Aren't you guys following this thread? Trailers are for when you have to get somewhere fast, or to make sure your wife doesn't bitch...... I think......

Old 07-09-2011, 05:45 PM
Big Gator
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sefferdog
Aren't you guys following this thread? Trailers are for when you have to get somewhere fast, or to make sure your wife doesn't bitch...... I think......
Dang, I got to get a trailer.

Old 07-09-2011, 06:25 PM
rusty pompano
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know one thing trailers are good for POORBOY (PAUL) saving my wife and myself a whole lot of trouble

Old 07-10-2011, 10:19 PM
trafficjams
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Will be riding down to Biketoberfest from Mass via Skyline Drive, Blue Ridge Parkway, Deals Gap, and Cherohala Skyway.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...f1642689f60072

Not trying to Hijack OP thread... just looking to ride along here while building my base for points of interest, and a realistic time line.

Appreciate any advice on "must see" stuff, and both motels and campgrounds.

Also... anything worth side-tracking from I-75 vicinity through Georgia Georgia?

Old 07-10-2011, 10:50 PM
HDBRATT
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Wow I did that Blue Ridge Parkway, Deals Gap, and Cherohala Skyway....sweet ride! I was trying to talk my bf out of biketoberfest and a yes to Blue Ridge Parkway, Deals Gap, and Cherohala Skyway for this year(he has never done it)...no chance we will be in Daytona this Oct. A1A is a beautiful ride and as far as hotels we stay at the Hampton Inn...dont do camp grounds but I know some of the guys here have stayed at some cool camp grounds. Have fun hit Destination Daytona dont miss Big Daddy Rat Annual Bike Show ...have a blast!

Old 07-11-2011, 07:01 AM
PoorBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by trafficjams
Will be riding down to Biketoberfest from Mass via Skyline Drive, Blue Ridge Parkway, Deals Gap, and Cherohala Skyway.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...f1642689f60072

Not trying to Hijack OP thread... just looking to ride along here while building my base for points of interest, and a realistic time line.

Appreciate any advice on "must see" stuff, and both motels and campgrounds.

Also... anything worth side-tracking from I-75 vicinity through Georgia Georgia?
Hey man, good on you! Sounds like you're trying to get all the "good stuff" in on your way down. Ya gotta give yourself all daylight riding to enjoy the scenic routes. Also you'll be in the middle of "leaf-peepers" going out to see the colors that you are already use to up in Mass. None of these places on your list so far could be "blasted" through.

Nothing but ugly riding on I-75 once you get south of Atlanta, AND the State Cops will PROBABLY have motorcycle-only road blocks up again on BOTH I-95 and I-75 southbound just to mess with the bikers heading to Daytona's Biketoberfest. I joined ABATE's in-person protest at the state's capital to show force behind the complaints of messing with my brothers heading down for a good time. They did this for BikeWeek.

Biketoberfest is the better rally, so its worth going.

Plenty of great riding in N. Georgia. Here's a couple of pics for Brasstown Bald, the tallest point in Georgia:

Plenty of state parks for camping your way down. Plenty of hole-in-the-wall motels too! Not far from Brasstown Bald is a place call TWO Campground (which stands for Two Wheels Only campground). You guessed it, no cages, just motorcycles. They have decent food and have it figured-out for what you didn't bring. LOL Fun place!

Have fun!!!! email or PM for more tidbits.

Old 07-11-2011, 07:08 AM
Sefferdog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by PoorBoy
Not far from Brasstown Bald is a place call TWO Campground (which stands for Two Wheels Only campground). You guessed it, no cages, just motorcycles. They have decent food and have it figured-out for what you didn't bring. LOL Fun place!
Looks like they may have shut down Paul...

http://www.twowheelsonly.com/

Old 07-11-2011, 07:15 AM
PoorBoy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Looks like they may have shut down Paul...

http://www.twowheelsonly.com/
Yup...crap. It was a neat place. It was one of those places you could roll-in with nothing and end up eating a whole meal by being offered something to eat by folks next to you. It was amazing to see what some folks could pack on a bike. They had a swimming pool and a creek you could enjoy and there was always someone there with a guitar or a banjo going. They had rooms for rent above the bar/eatery/camp store building so you didn't have to camp.

Old 07-11-2011, 12:07 PM
trafficjams
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by HarleyTrish
Wow I did that Blue Ridge Parkway, Deals Gap, and Cherohala Skyway....sweet ride! I was trying to talk my bf out of biketoberfest and a yes to Blue Ridge Parkway, Deals Gap, and Cherohala Skyway for this year(he has never done it)...no chance we will be in Daytona this Oct. A1A is a beautiful ride and as far as hotels we stay at the Hampton Inn...dont do camp grounds but I know some of the guys here have stayed at some cool camp grounds. Have fun hit Destination Daytona dont miss Big Daddy Rat Annual Bike Show ...have a blast!
Thanks for info.

Been going to Daytona Bikeweek for a number of years now. It's an easy stay for me... my sister lives a five-minute stagger from the Boot Hill. I ride down, even in February/March.

But last year was my first Biketoberfest and given the choice, I will now opt for Biketoberfest over Bikeweek. The Biketoberfest weather was beautiful and it is the perfect opportunity to do something different the first part of the week and land in Daytona for the Thursday start of Biketoberfest.

Last year I did the Keys the first part of the week. 3600 miles on the bike from Mass to the Keys to Daytona, then back to Mass.

This year it will be this trip through Appalachia... pretty exited about it.

Thanks again for the info!

Old 07-11-2011, 12:08 PM
trafficjams
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by PoorBoy
Hey man, good on you! Sounds like you're trying to get all the "good stuff" in on your way down. Ya gotta give yourself all daylight riding to enjoy the scenic routes. Also you'll be in the middle of "leaf-peepers" going out to see the colors that you are already use to up in Mass. None of these places on your list so far could be "blasted" through.

Nothing but ugly riding on I-75 once you get south of Atlanta, AND the State Cops will PROBABLY have motorcycle-only road blocks up again on BOTH I-95 and I-75 southbound just to mess with the bikers heading to Daytona's Biketoberfest. I joined ABATE's in-person protest at the state's capital to show force behind the complaints of messing with my brothers heading down for a good time. They did this for BikeWeek.

Biketoberfest is the better rally, so its worth going.

Plenty of great riding in N. Georgia. Here's a couple of pics for Brasstown Bald, the tallest point in Georgia:

Plenty of state parks for camping your way down. Plenty of hole-in-the-wall motels too! Not far from Brasstown Bald is a place call TWO Campground (which stands for Two Wheels Only campground). You guessed it, no cages, just motorcycles. They have decent food and have it figured-out for what you didn't bring. LOL Fun place!

Have fun!!!! email or PM for more tidbits.
Wow! Thanks for those pics and that info! Have placed it on my map!