"The Florida Crew" Rides and Information From The Florida Crew.

Sturgis 2013 from Florida

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2012, 11:26 PM
jackhis
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Sturgis 2013 from Florida

Updated: Read the latest post for new plan (starting day has changed to 07/29)

I know it is still early for some, but I'd like to plan ahead and I've already planned.
I'd like to know if anyone from FL will RIDE to Sturgis next year. Maybe, a group ride can be formed.
My prelim plan is I will leave FL on 08/02, as I will take 4 days to get there, and I will head home on 08/09 or 08/10.
Let me know if you are interested in joining me, so we can discuss more details.
Nick
BTW.: If you want to camp which can be easier to make a reservation and save some bucks, but find a room is not a problem, if money is not an issue.

Last edited by jackhis; 01-31-2013 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Update the plan
Old 12-10-2012, 01:02 PM
murph
Elite HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts

I would love to go. I just don't think work will let me off. I'm going to try though. I have some questions.

Do you have a particular hotel in mind? What are we looking for average cost. (I need to budget this...lol)

Old 12-10-2012, 01:30 PM
jackhis
Road Warrior

You can do it, Murph!
Most hotels are booked, but I still see some available at $160 + tax a night, which is good price. I have paid much more than that.
I plan stay at Sturgis 3 nights, so if you can make it we can share the cost. Of course, the plan can be adjusted.
If no-one goes, then I may pull my trailer and camp.

Old 12-10-2012, 01:55 PM
murph
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by jackhis
You can do it, Murph!
Most hotels are booked, but I still see some available at $160 + tax a night, which is good price. I have paid much more than that.
I plan stay at Sturgis 3 nights, so if you can make it we can share the cost. Of course, the plan can be adjusted.
If no-one goes, then I may pull my trailer and camp.

I have camping gear. I don't have a trailer or anything fancy like that...lol I have a tent... I wouldn't mind camping as long as the nights are cool. Hot nights would suck...

Old 12-10-2012, 02:34 PM
jackhis
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by murph
I have camping gear. I don't have a trailer or anything fancy like that...lol I have a tent... I wouldn't mind camping as long as the nights are cool. Hot nights would suck...
Here is your chance buddy, and you have no more excuses!
I have a brand new 8-men tent, and it has the option to hook up to an A/C, which I already has the kit and the A/C.
All we have to do is hook up the A/c boot to the tent (which I may need your help, which is an easy job for two people), and troubleshoot my brand new cargo trailer, as there is no brake light as this time. I will pull the trailer, and you don't need your camping stuffs.
The only thing you need to bring with you is some kind of sleeping pad for yourself, as I have my own cot. Of course, you can get a cot, too.
8 men tent is very LARGE for two, and you can stand inside, too.
Don't let this chance slip away.

Old 12-10-2012, 09:18 PM
murph
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by jackhis
Here is your chance buddy, and you have no more excuses!
I have a brand new 8-men tent, and it has the option to hook up to an A/C, which I already has the kit and the A/C.
All we have to do is hook up the A/c boot to the tent (which I may need your help, which is an easy job for two people), and troubleshoot my brand new cargo trailer, as there is no brake light as this time. I will pull the trailer, and you don't need your camping stuffs.
The only thing you need to bring with you is some kind of sleeping pad for yourself, as I have my own cot. Of course, you can get a cot, too.
8 men tent is very LARGE for two, and you can stand inside, too.
Don't let this chance slip away.
I know. It's just work.

Old 12-11-2012, 12:07 AM
rooster521
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm planning on making the trek, but can't leave until the 5th and don't have to be back until the 19th. Figuring 650 a day will get you there in three days, camp while your there and cheap hotels while on the road. Weather in August in Sturgis averages in the 60's at night (per weatherbug), perfect for tent!!
I'm planning on only staying a couple days then running south to ride old Rt66 for a ways.

Old 12-11-2012, 05:27 AM
jackhis
Road Warrior

Route 66 is nice. I did last year, and I plan to ride the whole thing again in 2014.
Have fun!

Old 12-11-2012, 01:15 PM
murph
Elite HDF Member

Looks like I'm out for this coming year. I have to be at work on 12th. Would you be willing to leave earlier?

Old 12-11-2012, 01:35 PM
jackhis
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by murph
Looks like I'm out for this coming year. I have to be at work on 12th. Would you be willing to leave earlier?
There you go!
That shouldn't be a problem. I think we should stay at least 3 days in Sturgis as you may want to ride the Devil towel, too.
I'll be off on Friday and I'll call you to see what we can come up with.
Anyone else wants to join us!

Quick Reply: Sturgis 2013 from Florida