Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   The General Motorcycle Forum (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/the-general-motorcycle-forum-116/)
-   -   who was inspired to ride harleys from outlaw bikers? (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/the-general-motorcycle-forum/201881-who-was-inspired-to-ride-harleys-from-outlaw-bikers.html)

oldfartjc 03-01-2008 02:29 PM

RE: who was inspired to ride harleys from outlaw bikers?

I didn't vote either as no choice was correct. The first choice should have been just "Not at all" without the additional "I hate Outlaw Bikers" added on. Anyway, who cares really, I just like motorcycles and always have. JMPO :D

The Baron 03-01-2008 02:31 PM

ORIGINAL: electaRICK

OK,,OK,,, that was, a little, ruff......
watchin PeeWee Hermans Big Adventure,,, got me into bikes!!

can ya handle that one a little better Baron???
That sets my mind at ease. Thanks, Rick.

CSI 03-01-2008 02:32 PM

I like motorcycles......it CERTAINLY had nothing to do with wanting to emulate criminal behavior.

electaRICK 03-01-2008 02:37 PM

" That sets my mind at ease. Thanks, Rick."

yea,, I feel better to!

MNPGRider 03-01-2008 02:40 PM

Does Bronson qualify as an "outlaw biker?"

:D

JeffreyLebowski 03-01-2008 02:44 PM

ORIGINAL: oldfartjc

I didn't vote either as no choice was correct. The first choice should have been just "Not at all" without the additional "I hate Outlaw Bikers" added on. Anyway, who cares really, I just like motorcycles and always have. JMPO :D
Yeah, same here. I don't hate them, hell, I don't even know them- everything I know about them comes from Hollywood, Under and Alone, and this forum. Not good sources of firsthand knowledge. I've never really had any sort of contact with 1%r's, good, bad, or otherwise.

I've always been fascinated by motorcycles, parents weren't letting me have one, so once I graduated from college I went out and bought the Deuce. This August will be our 6th year anniversary together. Fun times.

Bigfat 03-01-2008 02:49 PM

ORIGINAL: electaRICK

OK,,OK,,, that was, a little, ruff......
watchin PeeWee Hermans Big Adventure,,, got me into bikes!!

That was a great biker movie [sm=biker.gif]

BobbyD 03-01-2008 02:58 PM

Believe it or not, my inspiration comes from my sister and her husband. They have owned Harley's since I can remember. Always thought one day I'd own one, and the day is now. :D

SportsterBob 03-01-2008 03:36 PM

Easyriders.......the movie not the rag

johnboy1958 03-01-2008 03:39 PM

My inspiration was my dad. He rodeHarleysin the 1940s and 50s. Then in 1969 brought home a Honda 50 for me and a Honda 350 for himself. We rode together until his health failed in his mid 70s. Oh, by the way, he was a charter member of the Bandidos but not an outlaw biker. Back then it was just a bunch of WWII vets that loved to ride.