The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Metric riders wearing Harley clothes??

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 02:11 PM
Fastfwd
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by frog13
Funny, when I read something like this I just assume the guy don't know squat about the bike world and owns a Harley because Harleys are cool. If all of a sudden Vespas were the rage, you strike me as the type to switch. Probably the only loyalty you have in life is to your vanity and what others think of you, which is why you take the time to look at others and criticize. Seriously, as a few others have pointed out, very few people are looking at each other and judging what wear, except for those insecure few who make what others do their business. These are the people along with yourself you should feel sorry for, they are the truly sad people. Did it ever occur to you the guy is perfectly happy with his metric cruiser and like the look and feel of the Harley jacket and it was just that basic?

LOL, you’re more knowledgeable than I am about the ‘bike world?’ I should be impressed by your superiority and take your criticism to heart then, right?

It strikes me that the ones on here who go on and on about how they don’t buy Harley gear and don’t pay attention to what others wear have the biggest egos. Somehow it makes you guys feel like you’re more of a real ‘biker’ that you don’t promote the name. Bla, bla, bla….. It’s true that more of your ilk voice their opinions than others. I personally think it’s some kind of ego trip. There’s never any shortage of you guys here ready to chime in on what a bunch of ‘rubs’ and ‘posers’ everybody is who would wear the gear. If not said directly, it would seem implied.

I’ve wanted a Harley for over 20 years now…. admittedly it was when a classmate got one for high school graduation and I thought it was about the coolest thing I had seen when I really started wanting one. I’m sure everyone has some kind of story of how they first began wanting a Harley of their own. Maybe mine isn’t as ‘manly’ as yours. LOL

I’ve worn Harley t-shirts for over 20 years without owning a bike. It’s not like I don’t know what it’s like to not be able to afford to have one, but want one.

I might ride a Vespa for kicks… it’s not personally my thing to own one. If I were in an urban environment it might make sense to ride one for cheap transportation. I would seriously consider a BMW F650GS if I were to ever ride another brand bike. Does that make me only loyal to my vanity? LOL Whatever dude……

As to whether it occurred to me that dudes who wear Harley gear and ride metrics just like the look and feel of Harley gear….Mmmmm, no. I think they would like to ride a Harley, but they really can’t afford to. As I stated before. Sorry that it bothers you, but that’s my honest opinion. That’s what I think when I see them and to be really, really honest – sometimes it makes me cringe to see dudes with the whole getup riding a metric.

That said, I don’t talk sh*t to people about their bikes not being Harleys. I rode a Nightster for a year to get back into riding. I never realized how much of a big deal it was to ride a Sportster. How little respect Sportsters got….bla, bla, bla….from ‘Big Twin’ riders no less. I’ll never play the game of knocking on a guy’s Sportster now that I have a Big Twin of my own. A $10,500 1200cc bike is no little toy to be scoffed at. I do dig my Street Bob way more….and even it is a lowly Dyna. LOL

Old 05-04-2009, 02:16 PM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

they're just clothes guys, who gives a S*it! I don't assume everyone who wears a Dallas Cowboys jersey is on the team. Give it a rest!

Old 05-04-2009, 03:09 PM
frog13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by gunner11
they're just clothes guys, who gives a S*it! I don't assume everyone who wears a Dallas Cowboys jersey is on the team. Give it a rest!
SHeeeit!!!!! Well, thanks a lot for that! Guess I oughta cancel my order for my Packers jersey, here I thought once I owned it I would automatically get to play and collect a big paycheck. Man, just ruined the rest of my day!

Old 05-04-2009, 03:13 PM
frog13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Fastfwd
That’s what I think when I see them and to be really, really honest – sometimes it makes me cringe to see dudes with the whole getup riding a metric.
LOL
Sooooo, do you think there are metric riders out there who cringe when they see a Harley rider wearing metric clothes? I think you missed the point ...........doesn't matter, free country, at least free enough that in most situations we are still allowed to wear what we want, even if it offends others. If you don't like it, don't look.

Old 05-04-2009, 04:08 PM
Fastfwd
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by frog13
Sooooo, do you think there are metric riders out there who cringe when they see a Harley rider wearing metric clothes? I think you missed the point ...........doesn't matter, free country, at least free enough that in most situations we are still allowed to wear what we want, even if it offends others. If you don't like it, don't look.

For somebody that postures to not care what others wear – you certainly put a lot of thought into it. I don’t wear metric clothes while on my bike or otherwise – so, it’s never been a concern if metric riders had issues with it. I’ve had to listen to metric riders rag on Harley Davidson and kept my mouth shut. I’m sure there are metric riders with attitudes about their gear.

Don’t be a hypocrite…..it’s a free country. I can think what I want about metric riders wearing Harley gear! LOL

Old 05-04-2009, 05:00 PM
PPBART
Elite HDF Member
Received 143 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by BTilly
I have been seeing a lot of guys on metric bikes wearing Harley clothes. What is everyones thought.
Clearly BLASPHEMY!

Old 05-04-2009, 06:43 PM
tut60
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats not as bad as a Harley guy with a honda shirt on. Or a shirt that says the bitch fell off. Or a shirt that reads I am the bitch! and I didn't fall off. I couldn't stand the a holes' greasy hair in my face. P.S. Harley crap shirts and most clothing is made in CHINA or Bangladesh anyway. Or some other child labor intensive country.

Last edited by tut60; 05-04-2009 at 06:48 PM.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:48 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

Could care less.We Americans are allowed to do anything we want within the limits of the laws of our individual states.

Old 05-05-2009, 06:53 AM
gade600
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Back in the day before my wife got her Dyna, and i was riding a Fatboy, she had a nice yamaha v star classic, i remember taking hers out in the spring before the roads were clear, (not wanting to ride the fatboy and get it dirty yet) i would grab my jacket,
($500 and over priced Harley one) and go for a little putt.....
and there were also days when i would go tank it up before a ride too..... never thought much of what i was wearing, and if it did say Harley on it. But at least i did own one at the time. Have bought 3 hogs in the last year, and currently on an 09 street glide......now i own every piece of clothing i think harley has!! Hahaaa

Posers will be Posers, better to have them support Harley then the rice burners though.....

I personally dont care what people wear when they ride, as long as we arent made to wear HELMETS !!

Let those who ride decide !!

Old 05-05-2009, 07:15 AM
ToastedGoat
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What year did the "What you wear on your bike" fashion faux pas (I had to look that word up). Come into to play.. It seems that I have been riding around with my head in my helmet so to speak and was not aware of all of the fashion faux pas being committed by me and others like me.

I am so glad I found this forum and read all of the wise and enlightening comments . I have been shown the way, and am now in the process of fixing all of the fashion faux pas and grievous errors committed by me................................................ ........................non.

My apologies to anyone offended by any of the articles of clothing that I might of worn while riding on my motorcycles.

Quick Reply: Metric riders wearing Harley clothes??