The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Metric riders wearing Harley clothes??

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2009, 04:41 PM
joromu
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When you wash your bike, if you do, do you start at the front and move toward the rear or the other way around? Do you wash the right side or the left side first? When checking the tires is the front or rear done first? Do you leave your bike in neutral or in gear when you park it? I want to know how the REAL bikers do it.

Old 05-06-2009, 07:57 AM
frog13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by joromu
When you wash your bike, if you do, do you start at the front and move toward the rear or the other way around? Do you wash the right side or the left side first? When checking the tires is the front or rear done first? Do you leave your bike in neutral or in gear when you park it? I want to know how the REAL bikers do it.
Actually, you should never start at the front or the back, start in the middle and work your way toward both ends. Make sure you finish each end at exactly the same time. As far as starting on the left or right side, same deal as before, start dead center in the seat and go from top center down to the bottom of each side, making sure to finish each at the exact same time. For the tires, buy some hose and fittings so you can connect both at the same time, insuring you have exactly equal pressure in both tires. Make sure to remove it before you ride or you won't go very far. As far as parking in gear or neutral, I prefer to get it right in that sweet spot where the neutral light comes on but the bike is still in first gear. If you're real lucky the neutral switch will be activated and you can lurch the bike forward when you push the button so others can see you are a very cool "biker".

Old 05-08-2009, 03:19 AM
Thundermug
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by gade600
Have bought 3 hogs in the last year, and currently on an 09 street glide......now i own every piece of clothing i think harley has!! Hahaaa

Isn't this the definition of a RUB????

Old 05-08-2009, 07:46 AM
ChopinRockwooD
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gade600
Have bought 3 hogs in the last year, and currently on an 09 street glide......now i own every piece of clothing i think harley has!! Hahaaa
Thats what I was wondering also, why would anybody need to buy 3 hog's in the one year???

Old 05-21-2009, 03:41 PM
blueridgerider
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't own a Harley or anything that resembles a Harley. I do have a Harley hat that I won as a door prize at the Harley Dealer (one of my favorite hats). I also have some glove liners I liked (with fingers ).

My wife has a Harley Jacket and boots - the local Harley dealer is the only place that really has much in the way of women's gear that doesn't look like men's gear with the zipper just put on the other side.

Old 05-21-2009, 03:43 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I've worn Harley gear while on metrics.

somebody kick my azz

Old 05-21-2009, 09:42 PM
MATUCHI
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm riding a Japanese bike and I'm wearing a Harley-Davidson t-shirt under my TLD jersey.