The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Guns of Oz

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2011, 09:37 PM
Roosterboots
"Utopian Overlord"
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default The Guns of Oz

Watching the "Wizard of Oz" tonight, I am immediately beset by some disturbing observations.

1. The economy of Oz appears to be centered around cobbling, dancing, and the production of large lollipops. A closer inspection shows this to be inaccurate. The evidence is in the background...row after row of identical houses, inadequate and in disrepair. But where do the Munchkins bed down, I ask? In the weeds and overgrown kudzu gardens, mostly. Except for those that work for the government. We see THEM come out of the palatial structure that dominates the brick swirl. Obviously a puppet state, like North Korea.

2. Modern production facilities exist, but their output has been limited to the mass production of guns and carriages. The guns - modern bolt-action weapons with short bayonets - might be useful for defense against flying monkeys or large furry gate guards who are armed with nothing more lethal than a flimsy halberd. But the short bayonet indicates that the guns are intended for close-quarters combat between small-bodied, thin-skinned creatures. Namely, OTHER MUNCHKINS. Has Dorothy dropped into the middle of a civil war?

3. Perhaps so. How suspicious it is that everybody...EVERY SINGLE MUNCHKIN (and the good "witch" from the North)...sings the same tune, from the same talking points. "Follow the Yellow Brick Road"...or are they saying the "Yalu" brick road? Why not the other one, the red brick road? Why is NOBODY recommending that way? Instead, she is sent into a wasteland of ballistic apples, drugs, evil happenings and finally, an incompetent administration hiding behind the castle walls. What lies down the RED BRICK road, I ask you. Mine fields? Mass munchkin graves? What are the munchkins hiding?

4. One of the key members of the Lollipop League can be seen soon after Dorothy arrives, crawling up out of the SEWER. Ohhh, ick. Urrrp....

Old 02-13-2011, 06:40 AM
Classic Eagle
Road Warrior

Good observation. But.....I think you have too much time on your hands. You need to go for a ride! On the other hand, Next time I watch that movie, I will pay a little better attention to what you mention.

Old 02-13-2011, 06:52 AM
Ultra61
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

I had the option to watch The Oz last last night also...I am glad I didn't now, these political ramifications would have kept me up all night for fear of closing my eyes. This is very disturbing and my heart goes out to you...I hope you recover from this terrible mind set.

Old 02-13-2011, 08:08 AM
chuckw2
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 384 Likes on 230 Posts

clearly a propaganda film by the isolationist movement.

Old 02-13-2011, 08:11 AM
chuckw2
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 384 Likes on 230 Posts

may I have your permission to copy your text and post it on my facebook page? It would start an existential discourse of epic proportions between some of my friends!

Old 02-13-2011, 08:13 AM
11bDad
Road Captain

Old 02-13-2011, 08:58 AM
Toypuller
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 4,886 Likes on 1,494 Posts

Turn the sound down.

Put on Dark side of the moon.

Sync it to the black and white "Leo" the lion.

Watch in an altered state for the next 2.5 hours.

Old 02-13-2011, 11:18 AM
Gazzalodi
Road Master

Received 98 Likes on 59 Posts

I saw a one line synopsis of Wizard of Oz a while back that went something like:

"Girl from Kansas goes on a trip, kills the first person she comes in contact with and takes her shoes, makes three friends and continues killing."

The original quote was much better, wish I could find it again.

Old 02-13-2011, 11:20 AM
Gazzalodi
Road Master

Received 98 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Toypuller
Turn the sound down.

Put on Dark side of the moon.

Sync it to the black and white "Leo" the lion.

Watch in an altered state for the next 2.5 hours.
I think you can still buy it with the album sync'd to it. I've heard it called "Dark Side of the Rainbow".

Old 02-13-2011, 01:04 PM
Gypsylady
-Moderator-"Wench with a Wrench and Queen of Quips"
Received 1,980 Likes on 755 Posts

Hey, Roo! Whatever you're smokin'....

Quick Reply: The Guns of Oz