The General Motorcycle Forum Talk about motorcycles that are not Harleys in here
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Real BS

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 12:45 PM
Longhair4life
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Real BS

I have a brother that has a huge family problem. His wife basically said he has to get rid of his bike and walk away from the club or she is gone and will take the 2 kids with her. Causing a family break up. He loves his kids so much but the bike and club are a huge part of his Life and has 20yrs in. Been with her for 10. The reason is she feel second to the bike and the club. They can't seem to compromise. What would you all do? Me I don't take ultimatums well.

Last edited by Longhair4life; 12-08-2011 at 01:08 PM.
Old 12-08-2011, 12:53 PM
Honey-Badger
Extreme HDF Member
Received 384 Likes on 256 Posts

Appears, this has been building up... Wish I had an answer...
I could never get rid of my sled, and my wife would never ask me to...

Originally Posted by Longhair4life
I have a brother that has a huge family problem. His wife basically said he has to get rid of his bike and walk away from the club or she is gone and will take the 2 kids with her. Causing a family break up. He loves his kids so much but the bike and club are a huge part of his Life and has 20yrs in. The reason is she feel second to the bike and the club. They can't seem to compromise. What would you all do? Me I don't take ultimatums well.

Old 12-08-2011, 12:58 PM
Bigfoot1
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Been there. If he left for that he'd regret it and sooner or later the resentment he felt would break them up too. If he stay's, problems too. No easy choice. When I put down my cut, it was not for her, I put her out too at the same time. Many a woman has tried this s@&t before. They are everywhere, and cheap if ya don't take em home with ya.
Best of luck to him.

Old 12-08-2011, 01:51 PM
EasternSP
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 22,882 Likes on 8,725 Posts

Maybe he could just take a leave of absense from the club while he gets things straightened out with the wife. The bike is only the avenue to the club and should be a negotiable thing in his favor. She may not really know how to get the attention that she needs and is only flailing at what seems to be the cure. Until they get real counseling, it will only be one thing after another until he merely stands in the corner waiting for his next order from her.
Hope things work out for him.

Old 12-08-2011, 02:00 PM
jmorganroadglide
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 2,304 Likes on 1,343 Posts

Is there any way he could get a probated sentence for offing his wife? You know, like a misdemeanor first offense.

Old 12-08-2011, 02:43 PM
BBStacker
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not saying that both are entirely the same but..... As they say in the Corps, "If they wanted you to have a wife they would have issued you one!"

Decisions like that are difficult at a minimum. Obviously she knew what she was getting into when they got married. On his side, so did he.

It would be a bitch to make a decision of one over the other. Mine would never ask me to get rid of the bike. I have known a few "men" that gave up theirs and it did nothing to improve the relationship.

Sucks to be in that position.

Old 12-08-2011, 02:49 PM
Eyespy
Road Warrior
Location: Southern California High Desert, here and there....
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would stay out of their business and let them handle it how they best see fit.

Old 12-08-2011, 03:26 PM
AtkRWC
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Eyespy
I would stay out of their business and let them handle it how they best see fit.
It is his business. When you are in a brotherhood, what troubles your Brother, troubles you. He (OP) is merely exploring options I’m sure. Certainly hope (I know) my Brothers would make an attempt to help me out if I was in similar circumstance.
IFFI

Old 12-08-2011, 03:32 PM
harleytuner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 217 Likes on 130 Posts

Sounds like he only has 2 choices, ditch his wife, or ditch his bike and his club and resent her for it.

Or we could just stay wait for next seasons SOA and see what happens. Isn't this the same situation Jax is in? lol

Old 12-08-2011, 03:36 PM
tas_todd
Stellar HDF Member

Received 721 Likes on 369 Posts

If she demands this and he get's out for her, what will she demand later on?!?! Women like this will keep going until your buddy's a lap dog! Will he later realize that he quit to spend time w/ the kid and not the wife? Sounds like your buddy's got some sorting out to do. Best of luck to him.

Quick Reply: Real BS