"The Georgia Crew" This is the home of "The Georgia Crew," a place to hang out and have fun!

Beautiful Day for a Skyway Ride!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 06:51 PM
DHubbs
Road Warrior
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Beautiful Day for a Skyway Ride!!!

While yall was at work today, Dona & I left out about 9.30 for the Cherohala Skyway! OMG what a beautiful day! We had the Skyway road virtually all to ourselves, very little traffic. The scenery was breathtaking. Stopped at one of the overlooks & had a picnic lunch that Dona had prepared on the wall of the overlook. I cant describe how peacful and relaxing it was. All stress and worries were left at home, & somehow seemed alot less important when we returned home about 4.45. This was better than any therapy could possibly have been. Wasn't sure about the directions to make the loop back through Robinsonville & Murphy, didnt look for directions, we just followed our nose & it all worked out. I figured the world is round so we would have to eventually make it back. Had a great time, love that particular ride.

Old 04-09-2012, 07:14 PM
Michael HD Rider
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome!

I would have rather been at work than dealing with the migraine I had.

Old 04-09-2012, 07:20 PM
DHubbs
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Michael HD Rider
Awesome!

I would have rather been at work than dealing with the migraine I had.
Well Michael, considering what you dealt with yesterday, I'm happy for ya that a migraine is all that ales ya! lol,, ya know I'm jokin,,Hope you get feeling better really soon bro!

Old 04-09-2012, 07:25 PM
blueyz0416
Now with God. Love you baby... -Wiz

Wow, that absolutely sounds like the perfect day. Going up there during the week has to be awesome! I think we need a redo, but a few others (like me!) need to tag along with you two!

Old 04-09-2012, 07:29 PM
Michael HD Rider
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by blueyz0416
Wow, that absolutely sounds like the perfect day. Going up there during the week has to be awesome! I think we need a redo, but a few others (like me!) need to tag along with you two!
+1 I'll hang way back, you won't even know I'm there.

Old 04-09-2012, 08:09 PM
horseplay
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man thats my kinda therapy right there!

Old 04-09-2012, 08:13 PM
NorthGeorgiaHawg
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by DHubbs
While yall was at work today, Dona & I left out about 9.30 for the Cherohala Skyway! OMG what a beautiful day! We had the Skyway road virtually all to ourselves, very little traffic. The scenery was breathtaking. Stopped at one of the overlooks & had a picnic lunch that Dona had prepared on the wall of the overlook. I cant describe how peacful and relaxing it was. All stress and worries were left at home, & somehow seemed alot less important when we returned home about 4.45. This was better than any therapy could possibly have been. Wasn't sure about the directions to make the loop back through Robinsonville & Murphy, didnt look for directions, we just followed our nose & it all worked out. I figured the world is round so we would have to eventually make it back. Had a great time, love that particular ride.
Brother Hubbs,

I'm glad you and Miss Dona had a wonderful time on the Skyway! 'Tis a truly wondrous place. The views there are gorgeous beyond belief, and it can be a wonderful psychlogical elixir, provided one lets it do its magic. Apparently you let it, and that's wonderful.

GOOD FOR YOU, Dwayne! I'm glad somebody got to ENJOY this wonderful day! And I'm glad it was YOU AND MISS DONA!!

The WHOLE GA Crew needs to ride the Cherohala again... VERY SOON! I LOVE THAT ride!

Ken

Old 04-09-2012, 08:16 PM
Sammy1200N
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

My husband andi just did that ride last week. We spent a couple days in Murphy, NC and rode the Dragon too. We were the only people we saw on the road as well. Weather is just too good to be true.

Old 04-09-2012, 08:40 PM
DHubbs
Road Warrior

I gotta figure out some way to carry my fishin poles on my bike. Them lakes at the bottom of the Skyway run in N.C. just look too good!!! A small tent, a tackle box, quart jar of pickle peppers & some crackers, 12 pack of miller lite,, dont get no better than that!!!

Old 04-09-2012, 08:48 PM
DHubbs
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Sammy1200N
My husband andi just did that ride last week. We spent a couple days in Murphy, NC and rode the Dragon too. We were the only people we saw on the road as well. Weather is just too good to be true.
Thanks for the reply Sammy, I,,, no we,,, (Ga. Crew) hope you & hubby join us on some rides this season. Its gonna be a good one! Stay tuned on here, jump in anytime with ideas! We would love to meet yuns, good people here!

Quick Reply: Beautiful Day for a Skyway Ride!!!