The Patriot Guard Riders A Place To Talk About The PGR and PGR Missions.

Patriot Guard Rider I Just signed Up.

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2009, 08:36 PM
dope_man_21
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Welcome to the PGR. Thank you for Standing for those who stood for us.

When you get to do your first event be sure to carry an extra handkerchief or two, it is a very touch moment.

All gave some
Some gave all

Old 03-16-2009, 09:56 PM
themensh
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

bless your heart for joining the 'guard'. I am trying to find out if my employer
will let me take "time off" to participate in the missions.
If I take 'unscheduled' (less than 5 days notice) time off.....it counts against me in my evaluations.....and since missions are not planned weeks in advance, I would hate to
mess myself up ( as selfish as that sounds). I will ask again tomorrow.
Bless you all.....that carry on the mission.

Old 03-16-2009, 10:02 PM
aviator
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

thanks joining the PGR and for being willing to take time out of your day to honor our warriors. it is a sad day to ride for a fallen hero - and I pray I never have to again.... HOWEVER, I stand ready to be counted and say thank you to the family of the one who gave his or her all for this great countrty of ours. it's the least I can do.

Old 03-16-2009, 10:15 PM
xFreebirdx
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 37 Likes on 28 Posts

Welcome to the PGR.

Old 03-17-2009, 07:31 AM
H20DOG
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I want to thank everyone for their input. I have now contacted the Ride Captain for my area.

Thank you one and all.

Old 03-17-2009, 12:44 PM
roadking1893
Tourer

When I singed up a year ago, after I completed my profile the moderator email me back to confirmed my log on and asked them to include me in their distribution list. Eversince I get email about all the mission around my region. You might want to email the moderator in the main web site and have them put you on the email list. thank you for taking the time to honor our heroes.

Old 03-17-2009, 02:22 PM
H20DOG
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by roadking1893
When I singed up a year ago, after I completed my profile the moderator email me back to confirmed my log on and asked them to include me in their distribution list. Eversince I get email about all the mission around my region. You might want to email the moderator in the main web site and have them put you on the email list. thank you for taking the time to honor our heroes.
I sent an email to the St. Cloud Area Ride Captain. Also gave my email address. I do have a question, do you need to have a Flag mounted on your bike? I have a a large flag, but I do not have any mounting brackets. Are there special kinds? I have a 2007 Heritage Softtail Classic and the hubby has a 2005 Dyna Wide Glide. Where do we get them?

Old 03-17-2009, 02:37 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

I just signed up too. Proud to be a member. However, I hope we never have another mission except to welcome home the troops.

Old 03-18-2009, 10:00 AM
Tail Dragger
3rd Gear
Default Flag mounted on your bike.

No, you don’t need to have a flag mount for your bike. Some members with larger bikes do have mounts, but the average bike has nothing or only a small 11x15 flag attached to their travel pack, back rest, or right side saddlebag. Some members will purchase an American flag (11x15 window mount at Wal-Mart for about $5.) and either a POW-MIA or a PGR flag (same size 11x15) and mount them on their bikes.
We usually suggest that you wait until you attend a few missions in your area, to see what other members have done before you decide to spend lots of time and $$ and find out you really didn’t need to.
Right now, my bike is set up with a short piece of heavy walled pvc pipe painted black and mounted to the right side passenger foot board mount with the top of the pvc also secured to the top rail of my saddlebag guard. My flag pole is simply an 8 ½’ extendable paint roller handle that I can collapse down to 4 ½’ for riding to and from missions. The entire set-up cost me about $20.

Thank you for standing up with us to support the troops. If I can be of any further help shoot me an email and I’ll do my best to get you an answer.

TD

Old 03-18-2009, 10:13 AM
H20DOG
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Tail Dragger
No, you don’t need to have a flag mount for your bike. Some members with larger bikes do have mounts, but the average bike has nothing or only a small 11x15 flag attached to their travel pack, back rest, or right side saddlebag. Some members will purchase an American flag (11x15 window mount at Wal-Mart for about $5.) and either a POW-MIA or a PGR flag (same size 11x15) and mount them on their bikes.
We usually suggest that you wait until you attend a few missions in your area, to see what other members have done before you decide to spend lots of time and $$ and find out you really didn’t need to.
Right now, my bike is set up with a short piece of heavy walled pvc pipe painted black and mounted to the right side passenger foot board mount with the top of the pvc also secured to the top rail of my saddlebag guard. My flag pole is simply an 8 ½’ extendable paint roller handle that I can collapse down to 4 ½’ for riding to and from missions. The entire set-up cost me about $20.

Thank you for standing up with us to support the troops. If I can be of any further help shoot me an email and I’ll do my best to get you an answer.

TD
Thank you for the info. I am waiting to hear from the St. Cloud Ride Captain. Good suggestion, I will wait to see what everyone else has so that there is some uniformity.

Quick Reply: Patriot Guard Rider I Just signed Up.