Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

speaker lids..., bags and fender

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2014, 10:00 PM
HOGILAC
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default speaker lids..., bags and fender

Any advice/ info on where to get good quality product (lids, bags and fender) without paying an arm leg and my first born? Also fiberglass vs abs?

Old 09-28-2014, 11:13 PM
squaredaway
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Been asked a thousand times.. If you want nice quality at a great price call Fairing Factory... 1g for lids with 6x9 abs fender and 5 inch stretched bags with angles...

Old 09-28-2014, 11:34 PM
sbeast
Road Master
Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

Do saddlebag workers offer a big difference in sound quality while moving?

Old 09-29-2014, 07:55 AM
AlanStansbery
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

I was quoted $750 by HD for painted-to-match bag lids, for a '14 SG. 4-5 week delivery. That's lids only. The speaker kit is another about 400 as I remember. Then, there's installation unless you do it yourself. To put things in perspective…

To sbeast, who I think was asking what difference the rear speakers make while riding down the road…the answer I got from others who have them is, they're largely for the passenger. At speed (70/80 mph) the rider won't hear them very well. (This is the reason I opted for lowers/speakers on my SG. I was told they do make a difference volume-wise for the rider at speed. Cost: 700 lowers painted-to-match, 279 for speakers, 279 for painted-to-match speaker enclosures).

Alan

Last edited by AlanStansbery; 09-29-2014 at 07:58 AM.
Old 09-29-2014, 08:06 AM
ElGigante
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bags and fenders that are commonly used
  • Top Shop - take directly to the painter
  • Camtech (I run these) - some minor body work required
  • TOL - some minor body work required
  • Fairing Factory - get ready for lotsa body work unless you are lucky
  • Sinister - hit and miss - some are perfect out of the box, others require hours of work

Speaker Lids:
  • Hogtunes - awesome out of the box
  • Cyclesounds - require some work
  • Harley factory - limited speaker selection but factory fitment
  • Others - hit and miss
  • Voodoo - lotsa body work

Old 09-29-2014, 08:14 AM
hd_rolling
Supporter

Received 146 Likes on 87 Posts

I just went through this this month, I went with the CVO style bags and a take off set of oem saddlebag lids. The lids don't come with speaker screens so I had to order the harley boom speakers just to have the screens and figured the booms would be good enough. Wrong, I can't hear them going 45mph over my boom tour pack speakers using a BT 4180 180 watt per channel amp. Now I'm looking at replacing the booms with biketronics 6x9 replacement speakers but my advice is to go read in the audio forum and see what they have done to see what works.
I got a great deal on the harley lids already oem painted for $200 shipped so it was hard to turn down.

Last edited by hd_rolling; 09-29-2014 at 08:16 AM.
Old 10-01-2014, 08:23 AM
squaredaway
Cruiser

Originally Posted by ElGigante
Bags and fenders that are commonly used
  • Top Shop - take directly to the painter
  • Camtech (I run these) - some minor body work required
  • TOL - some minor body work required
  • Fairing Factory - get ready for lotsa body work unless you are lucky
  • Sinister - hit and miss - some are perfect out of the box, others require hours of work

Speaker Lids:
  • Hogtunes - awesome out of the box
  • Cyclesounds - require some work
  • Harley factory - limited speaker selection but factory fitment
  • Others - hit and miss
  • Voodoo - lotsa body work
You have not used Fairing Factory then.. No problems and no body work. Just scuffed and way cheaper than all above... How much are all the above aprox.. He also said for a good price. So since you know about the above quality how much are the above. Or are you just going off word of mouth. Have you actually used and bought all of the above. If you say its luck then Ive bought 3 sets of overlay fenders/5 inch stretched bags/speaker lids. All perfect and All for 1 grand.. All others above are way over that cost.
Don't take my post the wrong way.. But The fact is he asked for quality at a good price.

Old 10-01-2014, 08:29 AM
squaredaway
Cruiser

here are pics before and after paint

Attached Thumbnails speaker lids..., bags and fender-20140222_170934.jpg   speaker lids..., bags and fender-20140126_151045.jpg   speaker lids..., bags and fender-20140126_151244.jpg   speaker lids..., bags and fender-20140222_173524.jpg  
Old 10-01-2014, 11:52 AM
cotter pin
Advanced

^ Why don't the exhaust openings match properly on those Fairing Factory parts? It looks like the exhaust opening is much higher in the saddlebag than the fender. If I was going through all that trouble and expense, I would think the parts should complement each other better.

Old 10-01-2014, 12:34 PM
blazink5
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by cotter pin
^ Why don't the exhaust openings match properly on those Fairing Factory parts? It looks like the exhaust opening is much higher in the saddlebag than the fender. If I was going through all that trouble and expense, I would think the parts should complement each other better.
I absolutely agree. That's why I went with TopShop. I just need to adjust the left bag better, no biggie.

Quick Reply: speaker lids..., bags and fender