Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

You Plan my Ride

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2015, 06:04 PM
FinalShot
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default You Plan my Ride

Trying something a little different here. We have a weekend available to get out and ride. It is not uncommon for us to do 300 miles several times a week and 4 to 500 on a weekend day.

Our daughter is going away for the weekend and we want to get out of the house for the weekend, Friday afternoon until Sunday afternoon.

It's time for you to tell us where to go and what to do but got to be quick about it. If we select your plan, we will through you a $25 gift card to a restaurant of your choice. Here is what we have been thinking but not limited to any of these:

Baton Rouge
New Orleans
Three Sisters
Eureka Springs

Let's have some fun with this!!!

Last edited by FinalShot; 04-02-2015 at 06:13 PM.
Old 04-02-2015, 06:11 PM
RushKing14
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

From your location and given the choices you listed, I would do Eureka Springs hands down. Then maybe around Tablerock lake some, possibly up to Branson and catch a show if you're into that type of thing.

The Ozarks are god's country, and a biker paradise of riding. Tons of hills and twisties to keep smiling so much, your face hurts the next day.

Old 04-02-2015, 06:26 PM
RollaMo
Grand HDF Member
Received 452 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by RushKing14
From your location and given the choices you listed, I would do Eureka Springs hands down. Then maybe around Tablerock lake some, possibly up to Branson and catch a show if you're into that type of thing.

The Ozarks are god's country, and a biker paradise of riding. Tons of hills and twisties to keep smiling so much, your face hurts the next day.

If you've never been to Northwest Arkansas, or Southwest Missouri, you need to go!
Very nice riding.
And very soon, the Dogwoods will be in bloom.

Old 04-02-2015, 08:44 PM
Slow Road
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where you going? Anywhere I end up I guess. Quit planning and just go.

Old 04-02-2015, 09:36 PM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts

Three words.

Chicken.

Fried.

Bacon.

I'm riding to Snook, TX Saturday to meet up with a bunch of old friends, and a bunch of new ones. We do it every year!

Solodak's Country Inn... 11am

That will at least get you started.... Then you can mosey toward N'awlinz from there.

Old 04-02-2015, 11:00 PM
FinalShot
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks guys for the input. The wife decided.

We are headed to Carlsbad Caverns and then up to Roswell.

SafetyMan, wow, that sounds good and I'll have to check that out. We are planning to ride the sisters a little later this year. We will holler at you so maybe we can stop by and say hi.

Old 04-03-2015, 12:30 AM
mike5511
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by RushKing14

Of course!! But I might be a little prejudice!......I get bored real fast on straight roads, flat or otherwise.

Old 04-03-2015, 02:40 AM
SafetyMan
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by FinalShot
Thanks guys for the input. The wife decided.

We are headed to Carlsbad Caverns and then up to Roswell.

SafetyMan, wow, that sounds good and I'll have to check that out. We are planning to ride the sisters a little later this year. We will holler at you so maybe we can stop by and say hi.
Let me know when... there's always cold beverages in the fridge, and bottles with corks in front of the mirror...

We were in Thunder Roads Texas last year with this run... I'm in the pic on page 10 on the left...

http://thunderroadstexas.com/Images2...-Jun14-web.pdf

Old 04-03-2015, 06:41 AM
DK's Limited
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

3 Sisters....So many roads in that area its an amazing weekend. I would hit Luckenbach on the way down. There is a little Coffee shop in Wimberely that makes a great stop, then once in Leakey have lunch at the Bent Rim Grill (Just on the outside of town). If you want a little more specifics, let me know....its my back yard.

Old 04-03-2015, 07:08 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 70,456 Likes on 21,401 Posts

Hey there's 2 sisters in Wyoming between Evanston and SLC, and man are they a bitch!!
Long, long *** steep hills where trucks die half of the time or wish they could.

Quick Reply: You Plan my Ride