Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sea Foam's Story

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2015, 08:30 AM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 56 Posts

The stuff has always worked well for me. I use it in just bout every gas powered engine I have.

Old 04-08-2015, 09:33 AM
STA-BIL®
Former Sponsor
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by wscott
Seafoam,well i have used it and it works ok but not beat at stabilizing fuel or cleaning carbs/injectors and carbon from combustion chambers either in the 4+ decades i have wrenching classic musle cars and bikes.

For stabilizing fuel sta-bils marine grade stable is their most concentrated version thats specifically formulated to handle the worst fuel storage cond which is i use & rec it.

I also like Startron too but dont have as much esp with it.

But as with any fuel stabilizer if its not properly applied its not near as effective if you add it to fuel thats alreadyx-amount of months old to begin with .

Best is to drain old fuel ,fully fill tank with fresh fuel ,add proper longs term storrage dose of fuel stabilized per mfg'd instructions,then start motor and ride bike for 10-15 mins to ensure the fresh treated fuel is introduced to the entire fuel system ,all carb circuts,injectors,etc & shut it down.

Then sit ready to be stored for up to 1 yr.

As for cleaning carb,injectors & carbon from intake valves,pistons & entire combustion chamber in general i found Chevrons Techron (stated as being " concentrated version" on front label) is a much more robust/concentrated cleaner then seafoam is .

Scott
Hi Scott,

You are absolutely correct about the process of storing fuel/equipment. Always make sure to fill up the tank with fresh gas, add the proper amount of fuel stabilizer and then run the equipment for a few minutes to be sure the entire system is treated.

Ideally, if you treat all or most of your small engine equipment with 1 gas can, treat that gas can with an ethanol treatment/stabilizer as soon as you buy the gas. That way if you end up having it sit around longer than expected, it is already taken care of.

Your comments on the performance of Chevron Techron are correct, too. We have tested that product and it is absolutely a very good fuel system cleaner.

STA-BIL® Marine is certainly our most concentrated ethanol treatment that we make. It has the highest concentration of our package which contains water handling capabilities, fuel system cleaner, and rust & corrosion inhibitors. It was made for high moisture environments when running ethanol blended gas.

That being said, we do have a new pour 'n go type product made specifically for powersports equipment (motorcycles, ATVs, etc.). STA-BIL® 360° Protection comes in a 4 oz bottle that treats up to 7 gallons. Anyone interested in trying our STA-BIL® Powersports line (or other items) is more than welcome to shoot us a PM with your name and address and we will get some out to you.

http://www.goldeagle.com/product/pow...360-protection

Please do not hesitate to reach out if you ever have questions related to fuel. We have been manufacturing fuel additives since 1932 and no other fuel stabilizer/ethanol treatment on the market has been recommended by as many OEMs as the STA-BIL® Brand has.

Have a great day!

Last edited by STA-BIL®; 04-08-2015 at 09:39 AM. Reason: verbiage
Old 04-08-2015, 10:35 AM
dstaubin
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is the powersports version just a smaller container? or an alltogether different product? doesnt show the powersports version available in any stores around here.

Old 04-08-2015, 11:14 AM
Hammerhead77
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

With todays ethanol blend gases what ever you use, make sure it is designed to combat ethanol. I have a lot of older sta-bil before the ethanol blends and they do nothing for winter storage. You need to buy the newer formulas for ethanol treatments.

Old 04-08-2015, 12:58 PM
STA-BIL®
Former Sponsor
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by dstaubin
Is the powersports version just a smaller container? or an alltogether different product? doesnt show the powersports version available in any stores around here.
All of the STA-BIL® items are going to have similarities but the formulas will also be slightly different depending on the markets/equipment it is intended to be used in.

For example, STA-BIL® Marine has a high concentration of the cleaner and rust inhibitor package. While it is safe to run in a lawn mower, you really wouldn't need to. That is what STA-BIL® Protection was designed for. Additionally, at the 1oz to every 10 gallons of gas for Marine, it would take quite a long time to burn through a bottle (we recommend using our STA-BIL® Products within 2 years of opening).

What I would recommend for the STA-BIL® Powersports line is checking with your local power sports dealers and if they purchase through WPS or Tucker Rocky they won't have a problem getting that for you.

Please PM us and let us know if you would like further assistance locating that item for you.

Originally Posted by Hammerhead77
With todays ethanol blend gases what ever you use, make sure it is designed to combat ethanol. I have a lot of older sta-bil before the ethanol blends and they do nothing for winter storage. You need to buy the newer formulas for ethanol treatments.
We have and will continue to adapt to the changes in fuel. All of our STA-BIL® items today were either developed to or reformulated to provide protection against the damaging effects of ethanol blended gas.