Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sea Foam's Story

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2015, 02:43 PM
HDV-GLIDE
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts
Old 04-07-2015, 05:03 PM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 395 Likes on 337 Posts

Marketing.

Real World; do not put this additive in your fuel if you are going in for emissions testing- you may fail.
After I did, SF advised to run 3 tanks of gas through the truck before re-testing...and I passed with same numbers as previous year.

Mike

Last edited by mkguitar; 04-07-2015 at 05:06 PM.
Old 04-07-2015, 06:42 PM
decencyxdefied
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 724 Likes on 483 Posts

I've never liked it.. Literally had to do top end repairs on my 00 trans am and 00 blazer extreme after using it.. I always tend to do preventative maintenance stuff when I'm bored.. Both of those vehicles had 100k miles so I figured it couldn't hurt, but it did lol

Old 04-07-2015, 06:57 PM
shurtman
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have used the stuff in my oil, gas tank, and throttle body on my car. Works fine. Heard miracle stories, heard horror stories...my thought is that the miracle stories are from people who were currently experiencing issues and the horror stories are from those that weren't but decided to use it anyway beyond just a stabilizer.

Old 04-07-2015, 07:20 PM
TheGrandPoohBah
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,525 Likes on 1,421 Posts

It has worked for me. YMMV.

Old 04-07-2015, 09:38 PM
fireman9170
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love sea foam. People tend to use too much. Just like baking a cake, if you don’t follow the directions, the cake will suck!!

Old 04-07-2015, 10:36 PM
wscott
Road Warrior
Received 136 Likes on 120 Posts

Seafoam,well i have used it and it works ok but not beat at stabilizing fuel or cleaning carbs/injectors and carbon from combustion chambers either in the 4+ decades i have wrenching classic musle cars and bikes.

For stabilizing fuel sta-bils marine grade stable is their most concentrated version thats specifically formulated to handle the worst fuel storage cond which is i use & rec it.

I also like Startron too but dont have as much esp with it.

But as with any fuel stabilizer if its not properly applied its not near as effective if you add it to fuel thats alreadyx-amount of months old to begin with .

Best is to drain old fuel ,fully fill tank with fresh fuel ,add proper longs term storrage dose of fuel stabilized per mfg'd instructions,then start motor and ride bike for 10-15 mins to ensure the fresh treated fuel is introduced to the entire fuel system ,all carb circuts,injectors,etc & shut it down.

Then sit ready to be stored for up to 1 yr.

As for cleaning carb,injectors & carbon from intake valves,pistons & entire combustion chamber in general i found Chevrons Techron (stated as being " concentrated version" on front label) is a much more robust/concentrated cleaner then seafoam is .

Scott

Old 04-07-2015, 11:43 PM
Sedonastrider
Tourer
Received 63 Likes on 36 Posts

I really like their products. I don't have statistical data but it helped my vehicles run better everytime. I'm not saying it was like new again! I'm saying it ran better, but that is cool out of just a can.

True story here: I used to bring my vehicle to a backyard mechanic. He was a pro, but worked out of his garage. He would always tell me if my vehicle ran rough to put a can of seafoam in the carb (following the procedure in the bottle) and in the gas tank. Then run it hard when are hitting the freeway ramps before bringing it in for an engine issues.

He called it mechanic in a bottle!

I had a transmission going bad on a Grand Wagoneer and I used seafoam transmission conditioner. It definitely helped it out. It lasted for many more thousands of miles until the axle snapped and I was three wheeling it over to the shoulder. After my buddy and I hopped out of the Wagoneer we noticed the axle grease caught on fire from the sparks from the brakes dragging on the pavement. We put it out easily but it was sad and funny at the same time. I guess all those burnouts were too much. Hey, I was young

Last edited by Sedonastrider; 04-07-2015 at 11:46 PM.
Old 04-08-2015, 06:45 AM
Chuck U. Farley
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Never tried this in motorcycles. Works great in the truck. Does it do any harm to the smaller efi on bikes?

Thanks

Old 04-08-2015, 07:14 AM
batman.
Road Master
Received 63 Likes on 46 Posts

Ive used it on my old bike a few times when I got bad gas. Worked great, used it a few times on other bikes that had a miss due to fuel problem worked great. Used it in a car with old gas in it worked great. Not saying its the fix-all cure-all but Ive used it a few times with good results. I only use it in my gas tho no where else.

Batman

Quick Reply: Sea Foam's Story