Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

J&M rocker extreme review

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2015, 10:48 AM
decencyxdefied
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 724 Likes on 483 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. Tiki
Oh, you will.

Old 04-22-2015, 07:46 PM
LJScreamer55
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by haze324
Screamer

Glad you are happy with your purchase. Wish you would've asked some questions in the Audio Section...we could've given you some advice and lessons learned using various better systems.

Curious: Why/how did you come to the conclusion J&M was the right choice for you, even after you read negative reviews?
I did not want to buy components and hope they played well together. I also did not want to mount an amplifier under the tour pack, so the boom audio stage II was out.
I had considered doing boom audio stage II for the fairing speakers and mounting a small amp for the tour pac speakers, but that left the mounting issue of the second amp.

I did not like the idea of Biketronic's inline adapter that tries to correct the garbage signal from the head unit.

I spend a total of $1330 which includes having the radio re-flashed. Maybe I could have spend less for similar sound, but the J&M seemed worth it to me.

Old 04-22-2015, 07:48 PM
LJScreamer55
5th Gear

Originally Posted by jockotwin
That's good to hear the system works as advertised My plan for next year is to improve the audio on my Road Glide. Like you, i'm looking for something plug & play. Despite the initial problems it seems they worked to ensure the system was correct.
Most of the issues were the documentation. I suspect they rushed the kit to me and loaded the wrong configuration in it.

Old 04-22-2015, 07:50 PM
LJScreamer55
5th Gear

Originally Posted by stic2it
You had to purchase something for your amp to work? I would have returned it, that's not plug and play. You pay extra for plug and play.
True. Another $50.00. But it was more the hassle than the money. Now it is part of the setup so I could, if needed, update the amp without taking the fairing apart.

Old 04-22-2015, 09:57 PM
Bagger_Vance
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by LJScreamer55
I spend a total of $1330 which includes having the radio re-flashed.
That is waaay too much in my opinion for what you've received for J&M products. I'm not a person to tell someone how to spend their money but you could have done a lot better for a lot less. As long as you are happy that is all that really matters though. Enjoy your louder tunes.

Old 04-23-2015, 06:03 AM
decencyxdefied
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 724 Likes on 483 Posts

I don't think it matters what we say he defends every issue as if it's okay.. This thread should have been locked after his first post, he must be one of those hard headed stubborn *** people that when you tell them dnt go left 9 times he goes left anyway.. Sure most of us say we're happy he's happy but we r really just amazed that he's satisfied with j&m's sub par products. To each their own I guess

Old 04-23-2015, 06:55 AM
big papa AZ
Stellar HDF Member
Received 328 Likes on 215 Posts

Nevermind, BTW, Infinity and RF, lol...

Last edited by big papa AZ; 04-23-2015 at 07:01 AM.
Old 04-24-2015, 08:31 AM
UltraNutZ
Extreme HDF Member
Received 137 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by LJScreamer55
I did not like the idea of Biketronic's inline adapter that tries to correct the garbage signal from the head unit.

interesting comment. And you don't think head units in autos have the same garbage signal issues? HD is not exclusive to this process by any means. That inline adapter you're referring to is actually a PAC SNI-15, made by PAC Audio and those things have been used for MANY a years to do exactly what you were trying to avoid doing, cleaning up crappy audio signals. There's a reason BT among others use them.. they are the best there is.

As long as you're happy, then so be it.

On a side note. What precisely do you think these are circled in red?

Last edited by UltraNutZ; 04-24-2015 at 08:35 AM.
Old 04-25-2015, 06:08 AM
LJScreamer55
5th Gear

Originally Posted by UltraNutZ

interesting comment. And you don't think head units in autos have the same garbage signal issues? HD is not exclusive to this process by any means. That inline adapter you're referring to is actually a PAC SNI-15, made by PAC Audio and those things have been used for MANY a years to do exactly what you were trying to avoid doing, cleaning up crappy audio signals. There's a reason BT among others use them.. they are the best there is.

As long as you're happy, then so be it.

On a side note. What precisely do you think these are circled in red?

My understanding was that the distortions from the head unit were caused by the head unit's amp, and that turning them off solved the problem. I could be mistaken here. I assumed it was an impedance matching transformer, but could also be mistaken there.

Like I said, for better or worse. It certainly would have been nice to be able to hear all of the options prior to my purchase.

Just out of curiosity, what do folks recommend as the best bank for your buck since this will not be my last bike?

Old 04-25-2015, 09:09 AM
captainron62
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have the full Ultra kit installed on my 2015 Limited. My Indy tech says he didn't have to download anything and we didn't take to the dealer to re-flash. I thought that was the purpose of this system, no trip to the dealer? Anyhow mine sounds and works great so far, am I missing something?

Quick Reply: J&M rocker extreme review