Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Review: Ed at Dyno Difference... Amazing tuner and we'll worth money/drive!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2015, 04:22 PM
salty_rider
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Review: Ed at Dyno Difference... Amazing tuner and we'll worth money/drive!!

My Review: So I have a 2009 Street glide that has a few modifications and a TTS tuner. I have tried a local motor builder here in Houston where I live that is well known for his builds to do a tune for me and it came out very poor. I have also tried to use VTune with help from others on the forum which were extremely helpful but still not what I needed. Decided to check out Ed at the dyno difference in Dallas because of all the rants and raves about him. I have to tell you I am incredibly impressed with his attention to detail and his knowledge in dyno tuning. My bike came out far better than I expected with great gas mileage, gained power, eliminated all my popping on deceleration, and smooth all around throttle response. He also goes over the intake, tighten down any necessary bolts, make sure there are no exhaust leaks or intake leaks, installed new spark plugs, check the oil, as well as many other things prior to even putting it on the dyno to make sure everything is in order. He fully explains what he's doing and allows you to watch why he's doing his work. In the past I've had people do Dyno tunes for me and I've had to drop the bike off for a week or two. I only waited for a few hours while Ed did it and it was well worth the money/time for the Tune. I strongly recommend Ed at the dyno difference to anyone in Texas .....make the ride or trailer your bike to him. Even someone out of state I believe it's worth it. I rode my bike out from Houston and back same day. He got me taken care of and the 10hr round trip was well worth not having to go through another waste of money with a different local tuner that couldn't get the job done correctly. Get it done right the first time and save yourself a ton of money plus you'll have the bike run like you want it to the first time. No I'm not being paid by Ed or anything like that.. I just want to make sure everyone knows how my experience was so they can take it into consideration if they're looking to get their bike dyno right the first time and not have the same trouble I did. He's not just a TTS tuner.. he is knowledgeable with ALL tuners I just happen to have TTS. Go see the best. Here is his info.

The Dyno Difference
Dallas, Tx

Phone: 214-675-0051
E-mail:*ed@thedynodifference.com*

Old 04-22-2015, 05:31 PM
Vernal
Club Member
Received 7,308 Likes on 1,907 Posts

Originally Posted by salty_rider
My Review: So I have a 2009 Street glide that has a few modifications and a TTS tuner. I have tried a local motor builder here in Houston where I live that is well known for his builds to do a tune for me and it came out very poor. I have also tried to use VTune with help from others on the forum which were extremely helpful but still not what I needed. Decided to check out Ed at the dyno difference in Dallas because of all the rants and raves about him. I have to tell you I am incredibly impressed with his attention to detail and his knowledge in dyno tuning. My bike came out far better than I expected with great gas mileage, gained power, eliminated all my popping on deceleration, and smooth all around throttle response. He also goes over the intake, tighten down any necessary bolts, make sure there are no exhaust leaks or intake leaks, installed new spark plugs, check the oil, as well as many other things prior to even putting it on the dyno to make sure everything is in order. He fully explains what he's doing and allows you to watch why he's doing his work. In the past I've had people do Dyno tunes for me and I've had to drop the bike off for a week or two. I only waited for a few hours while Ed did it and it was well worth the money/time for the Tune. I strongly recommend Ed at the dyno difference to anyone in Texas .....make the ride or trailer your bike to him. Even someone out of state I believe it's worth it. I rode my bike out from Houston and back same day. He got me taken care of and the 10hr round trip was well worth not having to go through another waste of money with a different local tuner that couldn't get the job done correctly. Get it done right the first time and save yourself a ton of money plus you'll have the bike run like you want it to the first time. No I'm not being paid by Ed or anything like that.. I just want to make sure everyone knows how my experience was so they can take it into consideration if they're looking to get their bike dyno right the first time and not have the same trouble I did. He's not just a TTS tuner.. he is knowledgeable with ALL tuners I just happen to have TTS. Go see the best. Here is his info.

The Dyno Difference
Dallas, Tx

Phone: 214-675-0051
E-mail:*ed@thedynodifference.com*

Nice review, always good to hear people who are satisfied with the person working on their bike.

Old 04-22-2015, 05:41 PM
EasTexUltra12
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm not so sure. He did mine and I had decel popping. Sent me another file that was supposed to be geared to kill the pop and it didn't work. I only got the decel pop out by sending my file to a forum member to work over. It took him 4-5 tries, but the pop is finally gone. If I had it to do over again, I'd have saved my money.

David

Old 04-22-2015, 06:04 PM
glide2005
Supporter
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I too had my bike tuned by Ed. I gained 11hp from his tune over another. Zero probs and am going back for retune this summer. I've changed my hole exhaust system, and since his tune are good for life, I'm going in for retune.

Old 04-22-2015, 07:57 PM
bundy43
Road Captain
Received 36 Likes on 32 Posts

What is the going price for a tune,if you don't mind me asking.

Old 04-22-2015, 08:09 PM
Webo
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Several friends have used Ed and all of them were super excited with the results! One of them had a stage 4 plus bike and when Ed was done that bike made 138hp and 141tq... Before Ed's tune the local HD dealer had worked it over and the best they could do was 122hp and 127tq. And the bike was very rough before Ed got ahold of it, but after he worked his magic it ran butter smooth and made much more power.

Old 04-22-2015, 08:15 PM
salty_rider
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah it looks like everyone else is having the same opinion as I have. Great guy and does fantastic job. One poster said he had an issue with Decell pop from him but a forum member fixed it which is weird to me because I had the opposite issue. I had a tuner locally do a bad tune then a member attempt to help me which he attempted a few different tunes and it never came perfect although he was a huge help. So then I went to Ed and giant difference with zero decel pop and performance numbers much better. I'm not sure the exact situation for that one incedent but it seems like the vast majority is in an agreement that he knows his stuff.

Old 04-23-2015, 09:34 AM
tsigwing
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by EasTexUltra12
I'm not so sure. He did mine and I had decel popping. Sent me another file that was supposed to be geared to kill the pop and it didn't work. I only got the decel pop out by sending my file to a forum member to work over. It took him 4-5 tries, but the pop is finally gone. If I had it to do over again, I'd have saved my money.

David
It took the forum member 4 or 5 tries to get it right, but you gave Ed 2 and are disappointed? Hmm.

Nobody's perfect, but in my experience with Ed he dyno'd my bike three different times because I wasn't completely satisfied, no additional charge. You should have given him the same chances to make it right.

Old 04-23-2015, 10:35 AM
EasTexUltra12
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tsigwing
It took the forum member 4 or 5 tries to get it right, but you gave Ed 2 and are disappointed? Hmm.

Nobody's perfect, but in my experience with Ed he dyno'd my bike three different times because I wasn't completely satisfied, no additional charge. You should have given him the same chances to make it right.
I didn't know that I could get the bike tuned again for free. When I wrote to Ed and told him about the poppinig, he didn't offer to re-run the tune. He sent me a file that he said should fix it. It didn't and I figured that was that. Also the difference between Ed's tune and the file I got from Fuel Moto was very small. I didn't gain enough in my opinion to be worth more trips over. The forum member I'm working with has been great and it's much easier to send files back and forth. In my case, I don't think that the money I spent for the dyno tune was money well spent. I'm not putting a knife in Ed. Maybe if I had more mods than a simple stage 1 it would be more noticeable.

Old 04-23-2015, 10:40 AM
prostar
Club Member
Received 45 Likes on 30 Posts

Ed tuned my bike and I would not hesitate to have him tune any bike.

Quick Reply: Review: Ed at Dyno Difference... Amazing tuner and we'll worth money/drive!!