Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

117" Officially Started!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2015, 10:07 PM
Bluehighways
Stellar HDF Member
Received 220 Likes on 155 Posts

Wow . . . Should be a serious adrenalin rush every time you crack the throttle! My drivers license would have a very short half life if I even thought about a build like that on a bike.

BTW . . . "different rocker arms to get more lift and duration out of this cam" . . . . More lift? Yup, can be done . . . more Duration? Nope! But sounds like an assume build in any case.

Old 07-11-2015, 09:41 PM
C.H.L.
Road Warrior
Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

just a quick update.... that is really no update......

I will drop the bike off in a week or so..... and the build should be finished roughly 3-5 weeks after that..... So I'll skip the ridiculously hot month of August.... and early September it should be ready to roll!!!!!

Old 07-11-2015, 10:25 PM
ntraindavefl
Road Warrior
Received 333 Likes on 234 Posts

You might not want to roll with 777 cams and 11.0 to 1 pistons. Put you about 213-214 ccp. Not a good recipe, get a bigger cam, surprised nobody mentioned this. Unless I read the OP wrong, maybe your head chambers are opened up to account for proper compression for that cam, if so delete my comment, good luck.

Last edited by ntraindavefl; 07-11-2015 at 10:30 PM.
Old 07-12-2015, 06:10 AM
C.H.L.
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by ntraindavefl
You might not want to roll with 777 cams and 11.0 to 1 pistons. Put you about 213-214 ccp. Not a good recipe, get a bigger cam, surprised nobody mentioned this. Unless I read the OP wrong, maybe your head chambers are opened up to account for proper compression for that cam, if so delete my comment, good luck.
Thanks for the info....
Yeah, the chambers are open a lot when he did the head work..... I think he said my final compression should be in the ballpark of 10.8
Also going to go with different rocker arms to get more lift out of the cam....

Old 07-12-2015, 08:31 AM
ntraindavefl
Road Warrior
Received 333 Likes on 234 Posts

That's cool, 10.8 is upper zone for that cam, I run my 777 at 10.5 and sit at 202 ish ccp. Just use your comp releases ALL the time and toss in a lucas or other good carbon cleaner with every 3 or 4 fill ups to prevent too much build up and hard starts. Should be a blast to ride at that compression, it's a very broad torque under the curve cam and sounds awesome too as you know. Cheers!

Old 07-12-2015, 02:48 PM
C.H.L.
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by ntraindavefl
That's cool, 10.8 is upper zone for that cam, I run my 777 at 10.5 and sit at 202 ish ccp. Just use your comp releases ALL the time and toss in a lucas or other good carbon cleaner with every 3 or 4 fill ups to prevent too much build up and hard starts. Should be a blast to ride at that compression, it's a very broad torque under the curve cam and sounds awesome too as you know. Cheers!
I can't wait to give a detailed "after ride" update!!!!

Old 07-25-2015, 08:03 AM
C.H.L.
Road Warrior
Default And the wait officially begins....

I've been wanting an engine built by Wolfgang Grasser ever since I first saw the YouTube videos of his Daytona Horse Power Shootout Dyno Runs about 3 years ago...

A complete motor build is expensive!! And I didn't want to spend that much... So I tried a stage I..... Then a cam.... Then a better cam..... Always getting a little better results, but not what I wanted...

I've been saving for about a year now, and I'm actually dropping off the bike today to start the build.

I had him rework a set of heads for me about a year ago, and they've been sitting lonely in the closet.... Then a ton of parts.... Crankshaft, pistons, cylinders, compensator, etc.....

Well I drop it off today, and should have a good story for you guys in 4-5 weeks or something.....

This guy lives 15 minutes from me, so I'll post updated pics every week or so....

Old 07-25-2015, 10:38 AM
Trk-35
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My 117" is 118 hp and 131 ft lbs torque. It is a hoot to ride with scary power. I checked fuel mileage and at 55 - 60 mph I get 42.6 mpg and cruising 75 down the freeway, I get 40.9. Don't ask me what I get if I am into the throttle all the time, never checked it.

Old 07-25-2015, 11:17 AM
FlaHeatWave
Road Captain
Received 70 Likes on 47 Posts

The 117 in the '09 SERG gets 40+ on the Interstate at 80-90, 35-38 around town or playing on the back roads, all 2-up/loaded.

It's a blast, cruises effortlessly, power everywhere...

Old 08-10-2015, 11:27 AM
lizard86
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Any updates however small on this? I currently have an 06 Electra Glide that I had bored out to 98" and am running Andrews 26 cams.
I'm debating on just going up to a 4 5/8 flywheel and using the same cylinder bore to get me to a 113" and have some headwork done to compliment some bigger cams.
Also, i'm from Corpus Christi and don't really trust any of the local engine builders. I was considering either Wolfgang for the next build or Mike Lozano of Lozano Brothers porting.

Keep us updated and any info on your opinions of Wolfgang, my thinking on a build, or anything else would be appreciated.

Not trying to hijack the thread, just trying to get an update and maybe a little info for me on the side.

Quick Reply: 117" Officially Started!!!!