Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   Touring Models (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models-11/)
-   -   CCE Dresser Tour Trac Forks Kit Marries MM Ohlins Cartridges! (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touring-models/1050999-cce-dresser-tour-trac-forks-kit-marries-mm-ohlins-cartridges.html)

FastHarley 06-10-2015 10:52 PM

Oh, and yes it will

Thing are slowing down just a bit now so I will be getting a little time to myself. I have my new trees sitting within 5 feet of my S&S 124CI bagger waiting for them to go on. With my trees, I can put in 41mm, the new 43mm Ohlins fully adjustable conventional forks, inverted forks both my KYB & Ohlins, and 49mm HD forks.

I am working on a full floating 320mm rotor wheel mount (Dyna's & 2014/2015 FLT) and also (std) hub mount which I have always had along with adapters to mount either the OEM HD Brembo or either the twin or four pad 65mm Brembos that I used previously, your choice. I need a broken/crashed 2014/15 FLT wheel for this project.

I plan on expanding into the HD market more so than before. 2014/15 Spoke/wheel mount rotor also Dyna's

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.hdf...9918bcfcfb.jpg

I do not make rotors smaller or remove them, I make them bigger so they stop better.

FastHarley 06-10-2015 11:14 PM

Customer Service

HTML Code:

[QUOTE=hattitude;14103634 From your posts I can tell you are a technical person and a straight shooter. I would value your opinion/experience with the Ohlin/CCE mod....:icon_doh:[/QUOTE]
One of the many reasons why I chose the Gent and hoped to help him out by making his wife a bit happier on long rides in their adventure through life. Graham has relentlessly helped many members here with their problems, shared his many (many, many...) years of experience and his background from his former life as an Engineer working for (I believe) the British Government (but not 100% sure).

In this life there are some who are exemplary citizens & if I can, I will do my best to facilitate some happiness in their life. GB will let the BS stop at the door. There are so many people here who are giving bad advice or reviews on products that they know nothing about, GB is refreshing in that he actually knows what he is talking about. I know 100% the Gent is not going to paint the experience with a broad brush dipped in BS. The truth has a tendency to come out in the end. Anyone remember Marc Parns & Mud? Perfect example of such a situation, too bad so many people got taken in with their BS.

Good luck in this project GB. :icon_user:

grbrown 06-11-2015 06:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I was asleep while you chaps were chatting! Thanks for all the compliments and patience. I worked in the British defence industry (we spell that differently as well!) for much of my life, even with US defense contractors. So while I'm an engineer, my skills and home workshop facilities are limited, but I have a circle of friends and family with the expertise I need for some of the more adventurous work I do (relative to my skills!).

I'm building an entirely fresh set of forks and some of the H-D components I needed have only arrived since I received Howard's package of cartridges, hence some of the delay in making a start. My pal and I checked over the kit of Ohlins/CCE/H-D parts that I have assembled and reviewed the Ohlins instructions on Tuesday and, as soon as he has cleared his bench, we'll be on the case to assemble the fork legs. He's a retired Harley mechanic (do they ever actually retire?!) so between us we expect to be a brief blur of activity, to complete the first stage of this project!

The job after that will be sorting out my '10 SG front wheel and speedo drive/spacers, before changing the top tree for the CCE billet one, along with new steering head bearings, after which the ole lady will be back on her wheels, with her 'new' baby blue front fender.

No pressure then! :o

shakrr 06-17-2015 06:34 AM

grbrown you have had your cce top trees for a while that alone will be a big improvement. I contacted Howard about getting a set and he is waiting for your approval of the cartridges before he will release them to the rest of us. nudge!!!:)

shakrr 06-18-2015 07:49 PM

No hurry grbrown just wondering how big and how much stuff needs cleaned off your friends bench!! this would be a good xmas present for me:icon_teeth:

Consig64 06-18-2015 08:08 PM

I just got finished installing the CCE top tree with Ohlins FKC101 cartridges on my 2009 CVO Road Glide and it is a completely different bike as a result. I highly recommend this combination. CCE now offers the necessary top bolts to allow the use of the Ohlins cartridges with their longer fork tubes so the install could not be easier.

sanman4ever 06-20-2015 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by Consig64 (Post 14129282)
I just got finished installing the CCE top tree with Ohlins FKC101 cartridges on my 2009 CVO Road Glide and it is a completely different bike as a result.

What's the degree of difficulty for the install? Any special tools needed?

skypilot_one 06-26-2015 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Consig64 (Post 14129282)
I just got finished installing the CCE top tree with Ohlins FKC101 cartridges on my 2009 CVO Road Glide and it is a completely different bike as a result. I highly recommend this combination. CCE now offers the necessary top bolts to allow the use of the Ohlins cartridges with their longer fork tubes so the install could not be easier.

Where did you purchase the Ohlins cartridges?

FLYER 06-26-2015 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by sanman4ever (Post 14134642)
What's the degree of difficulty for the install? Any special tools needed?

The biggest shop tool for this project is a Factory Shop Manual! I did this job and the whole front end of the bike comes off. You will have to move the lowers from the stock tubes to the new tubes and change out the trees. The ignition switch can be a bit of a pain to deal with. The only "issue" with my install is the CCE upper tree scraped on some frame weld slag and I heard this weird scraping noise when I rotated the trees. Once I dusted that slag off with a grinder all was good.

Setting the bearings in the neck just requires some patience but it is all explained in the manual.

Enjoy! The results are worth it.

Consig64 06-26-2015 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by skypilot_one (Post 14152400)
Where did you purchase the Ohlins cartridges?

Pro Pilot Suspension in Jackson NJ. Great guys to deal with and wholesale pricing.

http://www.propilotsuspension.com/