Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rushmore Air Cleaner Assembly Fit?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2015, 09:47 AM
lefty33
Road Warrior
Received 622 Likes on 435 Posts
Default Rushmore Air Cleaner Assembly Fit?

Think I read it here somewhere a while ago, but can't seem to find the info.

Will the air cleaner assembly off the newer Rushmore 103's (2014/2015) retrofit a pre-Rushmore 103...specifically my 2012 UC?

I think I read it here that they will bolt up and actually flow a bit more air.

Old 09-09-2015, 10:01 AM
lt1-xjs
Road Master
Received 68 Likes on 65 Posts

I believe they bolt on the '09 up bikes.

Old 09-09-2015, 10:29 AM
just plain john
Elite HDF Member
Received 97 Likes on 78 Posts

Lol. Maybe, maybe not. Maybe you should PM Slick- https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...ir-filter.html

Old 09-09-2015, 10:34 AM
lefty33
Road Warrior

Finally found the thread...and I even commented on it. HA!

Anyway...seems it fits & works.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...-question.html

Thx!

Old 09-09-2015, 03:41 PM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 395 Likes on 337 Posts

2008+- same throttle body size.

the Rushmore AC will flow about 15% more than the previous.

and may be suitable for a "stage 1" type upgrade.

assuming flow numbers of about 195 CFM ( that's my guess)- which is pretty good.
Most of the hi flow air cleaners flow about 240 ~250 cfm which exceeds the motor's draw.

mike

Old 09-10-2015, 09:18 AM
lefty33
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by mkguitar
2008+- same throttle body size.

the Rushmore AC will flow about 15% more than the previous.

and may be suitable for a "stage 1" type upgrade.

assuming flow numbers of about 195 CFM ( that's my guess)- which is pretty good.
Most of the hi flow air cleaners flow about 240 ~250 cfm which exceeds the motor's draw.

mike
Thanks for the info Mike. Another question...currently running a "catless" head pipe, stock slip ons, and XiED's. If I were to add the Rushmore AC with a high flow air filter (K&N or similar), would my XiED's still do the trick? Assuming if after the fact I add non-stock slip ons after I've done the AC, I'd have to go with a tuner.

Old 09-10-2015, 01:39 PM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by lefty33
I add non-stock slip ons after I've done the AC, I'd have to go with a tuner.
I think it's case by case.

My 09 pinged under certain conditions ( up a 6% grade between 2800~3200 rpms) when bone stock and I added xieds which solved that. and I ran that way for about 1200 miles

the 09 is a no cat header.
I swapped to hiflow mufflers for about another 1200 miles and all was still good.

then added a ness bug sucker

and that is how I am still set.

works for me- and a bargain.

Mike

Old 09-10-2015, 02:29 PM
lefty33
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by mkguitar
I think it's case by case.

My 09 pinged under certain conditions ( up a 6% grade between 2800~3200 rpms) when bone stock and I added xieds which solved that. and I ran that way for about 1200 miles

the 09 is a no cat header.
I swapped to hiflow mufflers for about another 1200 miles and all was still good.

then added a ness bug sucker

and that is how I am still set.

works for me- and a bargain.

Mike
I'm getting the same pinging on my 12. Again...catless header & XiED's with stock mufflers presently. Was hoping the XiED's would cure it...did somewhat but if it's hot out and under load, I get some pinging. Running 91 octane fuel (usually Shell) always as it's the best we have up here. If I run a bit of octane boost in the tank it does cure the pinging issue.

Excuse my ignorance but will the high flow AC make it worse? May need to go the tuner route to make it run right...thinking Power Vision.

Old 09-10-2015, 03:41 PM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member

Higher intake flow might make it worse- or have no effect but;

If you are experiencing any pinging past sporadic & under load for mere seconds- you need to correct it.
CDN pump gas uses same octane calculations as US and may have better quality standards
( Arizona's Governor is dismantling the weights and measures agency here as of 1/1/16- so it'll be the "wild west")

The ECM should recognise the pinging and almost immediately either add some fuel or more likely retard ignition timing ( which we can feel as a slight lessening of power)

IF you have tried 'performance' sparkplugs or wires that can skew sensor readings to the ECM, stock plugs and wires are better.

Are your xieds adjustable?...if so, try a little richer. Try to make repeatable observations, load/rpm/throttle position.
my xieds are fixed at 8% richer- but they are only active
a.) when the motor is warmed...so after a few miles
b.) and at throttle positions other than wide open throttle- so part-throttle cruising

when the motor is cold or the throttle whacked open, the ecm reverts to pre-set maps- it doesn;t use the data from the O2 sensors so the xieds are not in "effect"

Look into a more comprehensive tuner- I'm the wrong guy to ask specific questions about them but

I'd suggest not a "piggyback" type tuner ( this doubles the number of electrical connections)
not a fixed 'download' which is intangible and not easily altered

and something with outstanding customer service ( which FuelMoto seems to provide for the PV) neither of which I have used

of course, your riding season will be over by Monday, so you have 9 months to consider changes for next riding season

Mike

Old 09-10-2015, 08:38 PM
KumaRide
Elite HDF Member
Received 185 Likes on 146 Posts

Thousands of bikes, maybe millions, running with piggy back fuelers. Vand H, PC, Dobeck...

My 06 would ping. Tried adding more fuel with different fuelers, changed timing also. Nothing worked. Read that some used plugs one step colder. Did that and no more pinging! 91 oct California gas.

Quick Reply: Rushmore Air Cleaner Assembly Fit?