Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A word about installing ROCKOUT rocker shaft inserts...

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2016, 02:35 PM
HDMLNIUM
Cruiser
Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

After a quick ride, I have to say it does seem to have taken a lot of the rocker noise out. I'm a happy customer, I'll be sending more customers your way for sure.
Thanks again,
Bill

Old 06-11-2016, 06:14 PM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor
Received 1,632 Likes on 1,177 Posts

Originally Posted by HDMLNIUM
After a quick ride, I have to say it does seem to have taken a lot of the rocker noise out. I'm a happy customer, I'll be sending more customers your way for sure.
Thanks again,
Bill
Thanks man

Makes me very happy to hear my product worked out so well for you.

And I really appreciate your help spreading the word

John @ Rockout

__________________________________________________ ____
For ROCKOUT information & purchasing please click the LINKS below...

Also on amazon.com...
Imitated, never equaled... ROCKOUTS!

Old 06-17-2016, 09:14 PM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor

I've been asked about removing the front rocker cover on a wethead... the manual says you have to remove the coolant lines. I've found that you can snake it out if you're careful.

Put some duct tape around the front engine mount, & rows of painter's tape across the cover.... you don't want to scratch anything. You'll need to gently pull the coolant lines up & to the rear as you rotate the cover & pull it out. It's not nearly as hard as it seems in the video, I'm having to do it standing off to the side, straddling the camera/tripod.

<iframe src="https://player.vimeo.com/video/171175405" width="640" height="360" frameborder="0" webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thanks as always!

Last edited by ROCKOUT Rocker Products; 09-13-2016 at 06:32 AM. Reason: video address
Old 08-15-2016, 09:44 PM
SnoRider
Road Warrior
Received 254 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by dforeid
I didn't use air.... too messy. We just used some torn off pieces of paper towels that we would twist up real small and then poke down in the hole to absorb the oil. Worked great....
this is what I did. I'm trying to keep my cost as low as possible on this project so I would pinch the little paper towel twist between my fingers to press the oil out and reuse the twist.

Old 08-20-2016, 08:50 AM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor

Originally Posted by SnoRider
this is what I did. I'm trying to keep my cost as low as possible on this project so I would pinch the little paper towel twist between my fingers to press the oil out and reuse the twist.
Good tip, some people use Q-tips also with good success. As long as you do it, doesn't really matter how

Old 08-29-2016, 05:52 PM
HKMark23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,936 Likes on 1,112 Posts

Well, its been awhile since I purchased my Rockout kit, we've had better days for riding than wrenching this past couple of months.

It rained here this morning so today I got er done ! I am one happy camper !!

I didn't get to take a long run after the job but on startup and low revs (2500 or so) I just don't hear any ticking at all. Its sort of weird to just hear the primary racing away when what I used to hear was tickety tickety ti ,,,,,, you get the picture.

Gonna help a buddy install his next week. "Great product" !

Old 08-29-2016, 08:16 PM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor

Originally Posted by HKMark23
Well, its been awhile since I purchased my Rockout kit, we've had better days for riding than wrenching this past couple of months.

It rained here this morning so today I got er done ! I am one happy camper !!

I didn't get to take a long run after the job but on startup and low revs (2500 or so) I just don't hear any ticking at all. Its sort of weird to just hear the primary racing away when what I used to hear was tickety tickety ti ,,,,,, you get the picture.

Gonna help a buddy install his next week. "Great product" !
Thanks man, that's awesome to hear! Nothing better than a new tap free brother

Thanks for helping to spread the word, your friend has a good friend

John @ Rockout

Old 08-29-2016, 11:40 PM
HKMark23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,936 Likes on 1,112 Posts

Originally Posted by ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Thanks man, that's awesome to hear! Nothing better than a new tap free brother

Thanks for helping to spread the word, your friend has a good friend

John @ Rockout
My pleasure John. These are just a wonderfully simple yet totally effective idea.

I stuck to your procedures, BTW, except I only had to unbolt the rear of my tank and lift it about 1 1/4". My Breakout is somewhat unique in having had a 3" front tank lift done a couple of years ago so I had plenty of working clearance with only just raising the rear.

Having experienced how the rocker shafts can move laterally as well as rotationally, I can now appreciate how easily one might get into unforeseen difficulty working with the rocker assembly in place. "Good call" on the procedures and also on this thread explaining their importance.

Old 08-30-2016, 08:06 AM
Ridingon2
Advanced
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Tackled this job yesterday and will have to say that the inserts work as advertised. Not a hard job, I used the one at a time method and two of the inserts went in with finger pressure the others had to be pressed in with the bolts. The reduction in engine noise is dramatic and welcomed. On my test ride after the install I rode with the radio muted just so I could listen to that engine! Great product and the best mod for under $20 you will find!

The following users liked this post:
ROCKOUT Rocker Products (08-30-2016)
Old 09-20-2016, 08:45 PM
94ruck
Road Captain
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

I took on this project this morning after work. I removed the tour pack, seat, and gas tank, Then I pulled the front rocker cover off, pulled the plugs and then the rocker assembly. I order the kit and the cometic gaskets from amazon and all the pieces I needed were there. I did drill my oil drain holes to 7/64( my 1/8 was missing out of my index...grrrr).I had the front done and reassembled in less than an hour, took about an hour to perform the task on the back cylinder and reassemble. i thought about doing it the easy way but wanted to drill out the oil holes and look at the umbrella valves. 19000 miles on a 2103 road king classic....
The ticking was gone but now I hear the whirring of the primary chain, lol. I can also here the fuel pump running....
Easy, cheap task and fun to do. I took some pictures and made a little video and a film strip o my facebook page
Kevin Ruckdeschell

The following users liked this post:
ROCKOUT Rocker Products (09-21-2016)

Quick Reply: A word about installing ROCKOUT rocker shaft inserts...