Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A word about installing ROCKOUT rocker shaft inserts...

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2016, 09:06 PM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor
Received 1,632 Likes on 1,177 Posts

Originally Posted by 94ruck
I took on this project this morning after work. I removed the tour pack, seat, and gas tank, Then I pulled the front rocker cover off, pulled the plugs and then the rocker assembly. I order the kit and the cometic gaskets from amazon and all the pieces I needed were there. I did drill my oil drain holes to 7/64( my 1/8 was missing out of my index...grrrr).I had the front done and reassembled in less than an hour, took about an hour to perform the task on the back cylinder and reassemble. i thought about doing it the easy way but wanted to drill out the oil holes and look at the umbrella valves. 19000 miles on a 2103 road king classic....
The ticking was gone but now I hear the whirring of the primary chain, lol. I can also here the fuel pump running....
Easy, cheap task and fun to do. I took some pictures and made a little video and a film strip o my facebook page
Kevin Ruckdeschell
That's great to hear brother! Thanks for sharing another Rockout success story. Got a link to that facebook page?

=EDIT=... found it, nice job!

Looks like the install took about 15 seconds lol

John @ Rockout

Also on amazon.com...
Imitated, never equaled... ROCKOUTS!

Last edited by ROCKOUT Rocker Products; 09-20-2016 at 09:29 PM.
Old 09-21-2016, 01:01 AM
94ruck
Road Captain
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Start to finish actual time a little over 2 hours but at a leisurely pace. I am glad you liked my video, lol. and that is a 13 RKC, not a 2103. I am hoping to be around for the 2103s to come out but I turn 50 next week....

Old 09-21-2016, 11:35 PM
Hazzardousmat
Road Captain
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I was going to start this project today, but the wife talked me out of it.. I dont have a garage, just a small shed where I park my baby. She advised that I should wait till my friend has his lift put in his shop and just in case this turn into more than a days job I dont lose any time riding.
I guess she doesnt have much faith in me working on my own bike... Wondering if this is a "battle" that isnt worth fighting at this time

Old 09-22-2016, 03:47 AM
HKMark23
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,936 Likes on 1,112 Posts

Originally Posted by Hazzardousmat
I was going to start this project today, but the wife talked me out of it.. I dont have a garage, just a small shed where I park my baby. She advised that I should wait till my friend has his lift put in his shop and just in case this turn into more than a days job I dont lose any time riding.
I guess she doesnt have much faith in me working on my own bike... Wondering if this is a "battle" that isnt worth fighting at this time
If you can think the project through, providing for an adequate and clean "place for everything" and have all the required tools at hand, you'll be good to go. When it comes to space, more is better IMHO but "sufficient" works.

I'm a classic hobby do-it-yourselfer, with almost no direct experience to draw on and I found this project quite straight forward. What took others 2 hours, took me more like 4, owing to being paranoid , and I dare say 4 hours is the absolute maximum time this could possibly take you start to finish. A rainy afternoon in a clean dry place with tools is all you need. If dust is a concern, use Q-tips to swab oil from bolt holes instead of compressed air. You will need a jack to get your rear wheel off the ground.

The following users liked this post:
ROCKOUT Rocker Products (09-22-2016)
Old 09-24-2016, 08:42 PM
Pothole914
Grand HDF Member

Received 3,682 Likes on 1,469 Posts

Just ordered this. Hoping for the same results as others on my 04 Ultra Classic.

The following users liked this post:
ROCKOUT Rocker Products (09-24-2016)
Old 09-24-2016, 10:31 PM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Pothole914
Just ordered this. Hoping for the same results as others on my 04 Ultra Classic.
Thanks man. If I can answer any questions or help in any way just holler.

John @ Rockout

__________________________________________________ ____
For ROCKOUT information & purchasing please click the LINKS below...

Old 09-25-2016, 03:18 PM
Mikes145
Road Captain
Received 151 Likes on 102 Posts

I just ordered my set from Amazon also. I usually try most projects myself but I admit that I'm a little nervous about doing this. I hope I don't screw it up. My bike is only about a month old to me.

Old 09-25-2016, 04:56 PM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor

Mike, just follow the simple instructions, check out the pics on my website, & take your time... you'll be fine. I'm always just an email away, & lots of experienced helpful folks here too.

Thanks for your support,

John @ Rockout

Old 09-25-2016, 09:22 PM
lefty33
Road Warrior
Received 622 Likes on 435 Posts

Just had mine installed. Was going to do it myself but bike was going in to my local indy for some service work anyway so had him do the install.

All I can say is...Wow! What a difference! These work as described. That most annoying noise is gone. Thank you John for your persistence in figuring this out. Best $15 spent.

My indy was also quite impressed with the kit & ease of installing.

Old 09-25-2016, 09:31 PM
ROCKOUT Rocker Products
Sponsor

Originally Posted by lefty33
Just had mine installed. Was going to do it myself but bike was going in to my local indy for some service work anyway so had him do the install.

All I can say is...Wow! What a difference! These work as described. That most annoying noise is gone. Thank you John for your persistence in figuring this out. Best $15 spent.

My indy was also quite impressed with the kit & ease of installing.
Thanks Lefty, glad to hear the Rockouts worked so well for you

Welcome to the tap free club

John @ Rockout

Quick Reply: A word about installing ROCKOUT rocker shaft inserts...