Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road Glide GoPro mount ideas

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2015, 08:15 PM
Toliverpeterson
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I usually don't do video because not even I want to watch it, never mind the time to edit video. So I just do still shots.
Today I just stuck the GoPro adhesive mount to the windshield inside. Worked fine. I may try the suction cup mount.
My bigger issue may be finding a good place for the remote. And the battery life on the camera and the remote drives me nuts.

Old 10-12-2015, 11:43 PM
reacher
Road Captain
Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Toliverpeterson
I usually don't do video because not even I want to watch it, never mind the time to edit video. So I just do still shots.
Today I just stuck the GoPro adhesive mount to the windshield inside. Worked fine. I may try the suction cup mount.
My bigger issue may be finding a good place for the remote. And the battery life on the camera and the remote drives me nuts.
Which GoPro do you have?

I've run video non-stop for several hours at a time, on one charge, with no issue.

The biggest thing that eats battery, and that some people forget, is the bluetooth connection. Turn it off except for when you absolutely need it. It eats your battery big time.

For long trips, where I'll be on the bike for 10+ hours per day, I grabbed a couple spare batteries and a spare charger. Usually 3 batteries will last me 12-13 hours, 4 batteries at the worst.

Last edited by reacher; 10-12-2015 at 11:46 PM.
Old 10-13-2015, 07:00 AM
TcHunter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Toliverpeterson
Check into the battery eliminator, easier than carrying a bunch if batteries.

Old 10-13-2015, 08:27 AM
circlenine
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used to put in the engine guard. I am now looking into the small claw mount. From what I understand the small will clamp right to the windshield - the only issue will be vibration at that point.

Old 02-16-2017, 01:55 PM
Retrop
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry Davis
You can try all the locations you want and spend $ on different mounts, but I think you're going to find out that the best videos come from a helmet mount.
I am definitely in the camp that recommends the helmet mount as the "best all around" place to mount an action camera. I have been battling this dilemma for the past 4 months. I have tried every possible place to mount in order to get the best possible video and sound when riding.

I will grant you it looks a little "dorky", but you will soon get over that aspect if you are truly looking for quality video and sound from your rides. I have an external mic and I stuff it into the cheek pouch of my helmet. I mount the camera on the side of the helmet with a sticky pad and that does help a little with the perceived "dorky" look.

Old 02-16-2017, 08:24 PM
JWinAZ
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 02-17-2017, 07:44 AM
Super08
Supporter
Received 69 Likes on 59 Posts

For all of last season I used a Biker Gripper mount on the left handlebar. This year I am still going to use it but also trying an helmet mount.

https://shop.lawabidingbiker.com/col...ergoprogripper

Old 02-17-2017, 08:29 AM
tpcowfish
Road Warrior
Received 192 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by JWinAZ
Thats how i was going to try it, does it matter, left or right side?

Old 02-17-2017, 01:01 PM
pt4u2nv
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have taken a ton of GoPro videos and have the helmet mount and the RAM tough claw . I have mounted that on the front light bar, the engine guard ( facing front and rear ), the rear bag guard ( facing forward and backwards) . It works where ever you can tighten it on including the handlebars. It makes great videos being able to move it to different positions. Handle bars by far is the most vibration. I edit all my videos with music or dub in my voice and that covers most wind noise if it gets too bad. No dubbing if you want to hear the exhaust .

Last edited by pt4u2nv; 02-17-2017 at 01:12 PM.
Old 02-17-2017, 01:25 PM
4D_Footer
Cruiser
Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

Saw a guy on a sport bike with a pendulum stabilized GoPro mount hanging or the rear peg mounts. No electronics on this rig. Camera stays relative to the ground showing lean angle.

My interest is headed toward 360 cameras. I bought a Google Daydream VR headset which planted the seed for a 360 degree camera. If I end up getting one, mounting the camera to look just over the windshield.

Quick Reply: Road Glide GoPro mount ideas