Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ipod

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2005, 11:33 PM
modes
Road Master
Received 26 Likes on 18 Posts
Default RE: ipod

I have an ipod 1Gig shuffle muonted on my bike. Works great. It is on the right and Idealy I should have mounted it on the left for better timing to control it. 10 hours of music, simply put it on shuffle and if i don't like the song or want to change the volume I simply reach under my thigh and make the change. The shuffle has no screen to look at so there is no issue there. I was going for the inconspicuous install. I will go down and take a pic of the setup to show you all because I love the way turned out.

Old 09-27-2005, 12:00 AM
2006ultra
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 09-27-2005, 12:52 AM
modes
Road Master

Old 09-27-2005, 01:32 AM
toadmanor
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Modes, what you got in the left saddlebag?

Old 09-27-2005, 07:58 AM
modes
Road Master

It is a mtx 2x55w amplifier to power the rumble roads on my handle bars. Read a personally made website where the guy had bad experience with the amplified rumble roads and suggested they should really have more power so I went with a seperate amp and the unaplified rumble roads from this site here

Old 09-28-2005, 11:51 PM
NH_FLTRI
Intermediate

i am in the market for an ipod for my glide too. i was thinking of a couple strips of velcro mounted on the left hand glove box. should hold no problem, and solve the problem of being able to control some of the functions. Granted visibility of the screen would be limited but at a minimum i should be able to fast forward and rewind tracks. Honestly I am not sure i would want to be distracted from the road by trying to cycle thru options anyway. black velcro strips shouldn't be to un sightly and with the cases available for the ipod light mist and road debris should be an issue for the unit. Anyone see any issues with this set up?

ORIGINAL: BigTinVA

I run a standard iPod on my RoadGlide. I just put it in my left glove box in the fairing and run an audio cable to my stereo aux input. Works out great but I cannot see the display or manipulate the controls as the iPod is under a cover. Last week I bought a RAM Mount for my GPS unit from cyclegadgets.com and I will also pick up an Ipod mount for the same mounting base that I used for the GPS in the near future so that I can switch between the two.

Old 09-29-2005, 03:39 AM
raaaaaa
Road Master

ram mounts

RAM MOUNTS

the options are endless. you can go with the standard black or go all out and get the chrome one

Old 09-29-2005, 05:42 AM
pointswhat
Road Captain

Hey NH,
i am in the market for an ipod for my glide too. i was thinking of a couple strips of velcro mounted on the left hand glove box. should hold no problem, and solve the problem of being able to control some of the functions. Granted visibility of the screen would be limited but at a minimum i should be able to fast forward and rewind tracks. Honestly I am not sure i would want to be distracted from the road by trying to cycle thru options anyway. black velcro strips shouldn't be to un sightly and with the cases available for the ipod light mist and road debris should be an issue for the unit. Anyone see any issues with this set up?
You might want to consider a wireless remote instead, just make sure to get a RF one not infrared. I have my ipod in the tourpack with an FM transmitter and plan on adding a remote to it soon.

Old 10-01-2005, 01:56 PM
Toytech
Tourer

On a scale of 1 to 10 with 1 the best and 10 the worst...
1= ram mounts, 10= rubber bands. Velcro rates somewhere in between.
I define bike add-ons as...
FARKLE, any improvement, enhancement or upgrade done as to look and perform in a clean, safe and sanitary way.
SCHMECKLE, any improvement poorly executed or badly done.

IE: RAM mounts, farkle. Rubber bands, schmeckle. Another example: The nice chrome air horns that replace the whimpy Harley deal is a farkle. Bolting on horns from a GE diesel electric train -> Schmeckle. EXCEPT when you really need to get someones attention. Then it becomes a Farkle. I know someone with train horns on his bike.
Go with the RAM mount and AUX cord. I have also used the transmitter for the IPOD but it does suck down the batteries fast.

Joe

Old 10-01-2005, 02:24 PM
pointswhat
Road Captain

Go with the RAM mount and AUX cord. I have also used the transmitter for the IPOD but it does suck down the batteries fast.
Thats why I also have a power outlet in ther tourpack

But here is a new product that some people might be interested in, I just hate having wires showing if I can avoid it. SMART DECK Basicaly its a tape adapter but also lets you control the ipod by using the tape players controls, i.e. hit pause it pauses, hit fast fwd it well you know fast forwards.

Quick Reply: ipod