Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

No power to fuel pump fuse

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2016, 09:01 PM
Jason Anderson
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No power to fuel pump fuse

I am rebuilding my 08 Streetglide after a crash this summer that destroyed the entire fairing and its contents. After getting a new fairing wiring harness and connecting everything back up I have no horn, no radio, no side marker lights and most importantly no power to the fuel pump or ecm. All fuses and relays are good. As far as I can tell all wires are good (checked pretty thoroughly). There is power to ecm fuse but not to ecm. There is no power at fuel pump fuse. My bike does not have abs or a security system. Now all that being said I have not installed the new gauges yet, do they need to be installed in order to start? Headlight and taillight work but not the side markers or blinkers. Kill switch works and is in run position. Is there any inline fuses I'm missing or something?

Old 02-05-2016, 09:23 PM
madsonp
Road Captain
Received 38 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Jason Anderson
I am rebuilding my 08 Streetglide after a crash this summer that destroyed the entire fairing and its contents. After getting a new fairing wiring harness and connecting everything back up I have no horn, no radio, no side marker lights and most importantly no power to the fuel pump or ecm. All fuses and relays are good. As far as I can tell all wires are good (checked pretty thoroughly). There is power to ecm fuse but not to ecm. There is no power at fuel pump fuse. My bike does not have abs or a security system. Now all that being said I have not installed the new gauges yet, do they need to be installed in order to start? Headlight and taillight work but not the side markers or blinkers. Kill switch works and is in run position. Is there any inline fuses I'm missing or something?
Do you have a wiring diagram for your bike, if not, PM me and I'll send you one if it'll help.

Old 02-05-2016, 10:44 PM
Vernal
Club Member
Received 7,308 Likes on 1,907 Posts

Welcome to the forum,
I'm looking at 2010 schematics:

Ecm fuse gets power from the battery so it should be hot, so should 21 at the ecm.

Ignition fuse gets power from the ignition switch and sends power to the kill switch. With the kill switch on it powers the System relay. Power from the ECM fuse goes through the contact of the System relay to turn on the Fuel Pump. fuel pump will only run a couple seconds and will shut off until the ecm gets a signal from the crank sensor that the engine is rotating.

I don't know if the gauges need to be installed. They are linked to the ecm through serial data.

Good Luck
Bill

Old 02-07-2016, 02:50 PM
Jason Anderson
1st Gear

Thanks for posting the wiring diagram that should help. I'll let you know what I find.

Old 02-07-2016, 04:13 PM
Jason Anderson
1st Gear

So I've figured out everything that runs off of ground post 2 is not functioning. I've checked the continuity of those ground wires and they all seem good. Have power to both tabs on ecm relay. Only get power and continuity to top right post of both system and start relays. Replaced both relays and didn't change. Have ground to fuel pump fuse but no power. Ran a wire directly to fuse and pump turned on.

Old 02-07-2016, 04:49 PM
Vernal
Club Member
Received 7,308 Likes on 1,907 Posts

Look at drawing B14 or B21 when you turn the ignition switch to Ignition do you have 12 v at the ignition fuse? It's this 12 V that goes through the Ign. fuse to the kill switch, ( eng. Stop sw) on the right hand controls that powers the system relay and the start switch that will power the start relay. I think when you say top right post of the relays you mean 3c for the system relay and 3h for the starter relay.

Old 02-07-2016, 05:10 PM
14GuineaPig
Stellar HDF Member
Received 512 Likes on 444 Posts
Old 02-07-2016, 05:19 PM
14GuineaPig
Stellar HDF Member
Old 02-07-2016, 05:43 PM
14GuineaPig
Stellar HDF Member

These might be of more use

Old 02-08-2016, 07:28 PM
Jason Anderson
1st Gear

Vernal thank you so much for the help and schematic pictures!!! I'm going to have to get myself a book. Traced it back to the connector between the main harness and interconnect harness. The white/black wire was broke inside the connector. I'm sure this isn't the last time you'll hear from me, but I would have never figured it out without you. Thanks again!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: No power to fuel pump fuse