Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Flood Salvage Title

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2016, 02:45 PM
KCFLHRC
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,300 Likes on 780 Posts

I wouldn't waste my time on questions, just walk away.

Old 02-11-2016, 02:55 PM
SBates08
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,235 Likes on 999 Posts

One thing I didn't mention is that the bike has been refurbished and road ready. 90% chance the bike will stay where it's at as I don't believe this dealer will know everything I wanna know about the flood damage.

Old 02-11-2016, 02:59 PM
RevBlk
Road Master
Received 86 Likes on 62 Posts

Run Forest. Too many other deals out there. Unless you plan on keeping it forever

Old 02-11-2016, 02:59 PM
HardRider1
Road Warrior
Received 91 Likes on 62 Posts

Just for kick and grins I took at look on Ebay at 06 SG's, I would keep shopping if I were you that flood title will stick with the bike forever, so if you ever tried to resell it would be a real deterrent.

Old 02-11-2016, 03:08 PM
RKZen
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,518 Likes on 1,085 Posts

The bike might be fine for awhile and your son will be happy. Then one thing will lead to another. Then you'll want to get rid of the bike. Then you'll find you'll lose your shirt on the sell.

Old 02-11-2016, 03:12 PM
DamifIknow
Road Warrior
Received 58 Likes on 55 Posts

Offer him 7k if you really like it.

Old 02-11-2016, 03:12 PM
predatornut
Tourer
Received 108 Likes on 75 Posts

I would never buy any vehicle that has been in water, period.

Old 02-11-2016, 04:46 PM
Bumpandrun
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 414 Likes on 297 Posts

Most here are not knowledgeable enough to buy any kind of salvage. Almost everything I own is salvage. Flood salvage title doesn't in itself mean much of anything. Need to look it over. Pull the seat. The bags. The side covers. The primary and a little bit of scope work. Some flood bikes are not even wet past the tires. But like was said by most ....why bother if it's not a great deal. Those bikes are a dime a dozen.i have even bought saltwater flood bikes ( the one I ride everyday was underwater for a week) but 2500.00 bucks and lots of elbow grease to cleanup but put 36,000 trouble free miles on it. Run the vin thru NICB. It's free. Tells the story of when and were totaled . I have seen complete dealerships total every bike on the show room floor and they barely got wet. So buyer be ware. He'll some of the junk on eBay is beat to death worse than some salvage . Fall in love with the deal first. Not the bike. But with most of the general public knowing nothing about salvage its not something that will ever sell at book price. JUST WENT BACK AND LOOKED AT THE ORIGINAL POST.....LOL. Forget about it 06 not worth more than 6500 cash money with the title

Last edited by Bumpandrun; 02-11-2016 at 04:48 PM.
Old 02-11-2016, 04:51 PM
metalb00
Advanced
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

dont bother unless they have replaced every piece of electronics on the bike

Old 02-11-2016, 04:55 PM
oneloudz71
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I work at a HD dealership and deal with titles. I just got this in an email a few weeks ago...

FLOOD TITLES-IMPORTANT NOTICE FROM SECRETARY OF STATE

Heavy rainstorms and flooding throughout the country within the past several months have resulted in the Secretary of State’s Office implementing its flood title process. This means that vehicles that appear on the National Insurance Crime Bureau's (NCIB) database as known flood damaged vehicles must bear a “Flood” designation on the title. It also means that vehicles that do not appear on the NCIB database, but were registered in a location that was declared a federal or state disaster area as a result of flooding will receive a flood title designation unless accompanied by a signed and notarized natural disaster disclosure statement signed by the previous owner declaring that the vehicle was not in a natural disaster area or was not damaged.

Best Practices:
(1) If you are an Illinois dealer in one of the affected counties (see list of impacted locations below), for each new and used vehicle, including vehicles on a Certificate of Origin, that you sell between now and January 6, 2017, you will need to include signed and notarized natural disaster disclosure statement signed by the dealership declaring that the vehicle did not incur flood damage. The natural disaster disclosure statement is available here.

(2) Check all vehicles that you take as trade-ins against the NCIB database to determine whether the vehicles are known flood-damaged vehicles. Any vehicle that is listed as a flood damaged vehicle must bear a “Flood” brand on the title. If the vehicle appears on the NCIB database, but does not bear a flood designation on the title, you must get a new title that bears the flood designation. The NCIB database can be found here.

(3) For vehicles that you take as trade-ins on an Illinois, Missouri, Mississippi, Texas, Oklahoma, or South Carolina title that do not appear on the NCIB database, you must determine whether the vehicle was registered in a location that was declared a federal or state disaster area as a result of storm or flood damage (see list of impacted locations below). If the vehicle was registered in an affected county, the vehicle will receive a flood title designation unless accompanied by a signed and notarized natural disaster disclosure statement signed by the previous owner declaring that the vehicle was not in a natural disaster area or was not damaged.

(4) If you take any trade-in from Illinois, Missouri, Mississippi, Texas, Oklahoma, or South Carolina and you are not sure whether the vehicle was registered in a flood area, we recommend that you obtain a natural disaster statement.

The impacted locations are as follows:
Illinois: Alexander, Calhoun, Christian, Clinton, Douglas, Jackson, Jersey, Madison, Monroe, Morgan, Randolph, St. Clair, Cass, Cumberland, Iroquois, Lawrence, Marion, Menard, Moultrie, Pike, Richland, Sangamon, and Vermilion Counties.
• Texas and Oklahoma: click here
• South Carolina: South Carolina Zip Codes
• Missouri: Audrain, Barry, Barton, Bollinger, Boone, Butler, Callaway, Camden, Cape Girardeau, Carter, Ceder, Christian, Clark, Cole, Cooper, Crawford, Dallas, Dent, Douglas, Dunklin, Franklin, Gasconade, Greene, Hickory, Howard, Howell, Iron, Jasper, Jefferson, Laclede, Lawrence, Lewis, Lincoln, Madison, Maries, Marion, McDonald, Miller, Mississippi, Moniteau, Montgomery, Morgan, New Madrid, Newton, Oregon, Osage, Ozark, Pemiscot, Perry, Phelps, Pike, Polk, Pulaski, Ralls, Reynolds, Ripley, Scott, Shannon, St. Charles, St. Clair, St. Francois, St. Louis, Ste. Genevieve, Stoddard, Stone, Taney, Texas, Vernon, Warren, Washington, Wayne, Webster, and Wright Counties and the City of St. Louis.
• Mississippi: Benton, Coahoma, Marshall, Quitman, and Tippah Counties.

NOTE: We expect the Secretary of State’s Office to narrow the affected counties in Mississippi, Missouri, and Illinois down to affected zip codes, which will simplify your search process. When that information is available, we will pass it on.

If you have any questions about this article, please contact IADA at (217) 753-0220or ldoll@illinoisdealers.com.

Quick Reply: Flood Salvage Title