Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

J-Tech Helmets- feedback

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2016, 05:15 PM
dspencer
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default J-Tech Helmets- feedback

Hope this is ok to post here. I see where Harley has gone to offering helmets by J-Tech which seems to be new for them over the last year. I've only seen one at a dealer but wondering if any forum members have bought and used their half helmets with the sun shield. I like their looks and they seem to be very light as all are the hybrid types. Curious as to whether they are true to size fit as other models or any info would be useful. As always, Thanks for any feedback.
Darrell

Old 05-07-2016, 08:25 AM
Shuebert
Intermediate
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have one ultra light in a 4X first helmet that I've ever had that actually fit (could be my big head) love the helmet. Bought one for my wife in a XS she loves it light weight and sun visor. On her helmet the sunshade sticks out further than her nose, on my my nose sticks through the sunshade and rub on the left side of my nose, not sure if my nose isn't straight on my head or if something is wrong with the helmet. I haven't been able to find another 4X at a dealer to try fit. Looks like they use same shell for the XS and the 4X which sets the shield out further for my wife's.

All and all we both love them and they seem to be sized the same as our Arai helmets fit. Could only get 3X in the Arai and it was tight.

Old 10-20-2016, 03:34 PM
kevjus07
4th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have one to replace an older HD 1/2 helmet, much lighter and more comfortable, visor is great for sudden Florida showers and higher cruising speeds (does not hit my nose) otherwise I just ride with my RX shades.

A clear visor would be great for night riding and sometimes during the day with shades and visor down tint is too dark but have been unable to find one.

Old 07-14-2019, 06:38 PM
RobertV1971
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Originally Posted by dspencer
Hope this is ok to post here. I see where Harley has gone to offering helmets by J-Tech which seems to be new for them over the last year. I've only seen one at a dealer but wondering if any forum members have bought and used their half helmets with the sun shield. I like their looks and they seem to be very light as all are the hybrid types. Curious as to whether they are true to size fit as other models or any info would be useful. As always, Thanks for any feedback.
Darrell

One problem with the helmets. The screws back themselves out of the visor and you can’t get replacement parts.

Old 12-19-2019, 09:26 AM
atlas8307
Stage IV
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default J-Tech Helmet parts

Just purchased the Harley/J-Tech 9810-16VM half helmet with the flag painted on it.
Unfortunatly I zipped the speaker pockets out and left them on my gear bag and rode off.
Anybody know where I can get knew ones? Dealer said no parts offered and can't sem to get J-Tech to reply to email.

Old 12-19-2019, 09:31 AM
Harleyrlb
Cruiser
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

The ear pads should be listed on Harley e-commerce site.

Old 12-19-2019, 09:52 AM
atlas8307
Stage IV

Originally Posted by Harleyrlb
The ear pads should be listed on Harley e-commerce site.
I assume you mean Harley-Davidson.com, If so I did not find them. I assume they would be specific to this helmet.
The local dealer said no parts were listed for that helmet. The only number I have found for J-Tech is in Veitnam.
Have not tried that yet.

Old 12-19-2019, 11:14 AM
Kermie
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 314 Likes on 291 Posts
Old 12-19-2019, 11:41 AM
atlas8307
Stage IV

Originally Posted by Kermie
Sure looks like them! My wife would say "Are you blind?" I did not find them.
Thanks so much for your help!

The following users liked this post:
Kermie (12-19-2019)
Old 12-19-2019, 06:59 PM
Hammz
Grand HDF Member

Received 576 Likes on 417 Posts

Originally Posted by kevjus07
I have one to replace an older HD 1/2 helmet, much lighter and more comfortable, visor is great for sudden Florida showers and higher cruising speeds (does not hit my nose) otherwise I just ride with my RX shades.

A clear visor would be great for night riding and sometimes during the day with shades and visor down tint is too dark but have been unable to find one.
Here's the info for Clear visor for the J03 helmet:

Last edited by Hammz; 12-19-2019 at 07:01 PM.

Quick Reply: J-Tech Helmets- feedback