Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rekluse auto clutch for Harley....

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2016, 06:46 PM
dart451
Cruiser
Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Rekluse auto clutch for Harley....

Any of you guys out there have the Rekluse auto clutch on your bike? If so, do you know of anywhere you might be able to get the kit cheaper than directly at Rekluse? Kinda pricey!

Old 03-01-2016, 09:28 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,193 Likes on 2,457 Posts

check with rekluse. they can tell you who/where is selling their clutches. in my case, there is an hd dealer over in Houston that carries it. granted, they are selling it at the same price as msrp ($799), but they do offer a military discount (10%), and if I save up enough chrome cash on my hd card, that'll knock it down as well.

on another note, rekluse does offer a 30 day money back guarantee as well, which I have been assured applies to purchases made from their authorized vendors too.

Old 03-01-2016, 09:40 AM
AZTeufelhunde
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got to try one of these last year. I am a member of the "Harley Davidson of Scottsdale Drill Team" and the vendor thought it would be great for us. They had a 30 Day money back guarantee so I tried it out. I liked the way it worked and the only real downside that I didn't like (besides the price) was that with the engine off your bike is essentially in neutral all the time. So parking on any kind of a slope could be a problem. I returned it just before the 30 days were up really just because it didn't make the bike $800 better so not worth it to me. If anyone has problems clutching in heavy traffic or just problems clutching alot this will help alot.

Old 03-01-2016, 10:17 AM
bigheadted
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 41 Posts

Arizona Devil Dog, I have a pal who crashed and destroyed his left wrist, it will never be the same again and he is bummed. I am going to install a different clutch ramp and lever extension to help but I have mentioned the Auto clutch.

Having never ridden a bike with one what is it like ??

Old 03-01-2016, 11:01 AM
AZTeufelhunde
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For the most part it can be ridden like a normal clutch but when the RPM's go down the Rekluse will release the clutch so you can shift without grabbing the lever. Put it in first gear at a stop and don't have to touch the clutch lever and you stay still until you roll on the throttle. The RPM expand the clutch pack to engage when you throttle up. They lock up very well on launch off the line. When I was shifting gears I was probably too mindful of lowering the RPM slightly before shifting. It also took me a little bit to retrain my brain that I didn't have to use the clutch coming to a stop. Just use the brakes to stop at a light and stay off the throttle and you can feel when it disengages. For riders that have wrist problems this device should make a world of difference. It comes with a couple sets of internal springs to fine tune it for feel. I loved it just didn't feel it was worth the $800 for me who doesn't have any wrist problems.

Old 03-01-2016, 01:49 PM
CalgaryBikeBum
Tourer
Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by dart451
Any of you guys out there have the Rekluse auto clutch on your bike? If so, do you know of anywhere you might be able to get the kit cheaper than directly at Rekluse? Kinda pricey!
I have a an EFM automatic clutch for sale. Complete with basket and plates. I bought it for my wife's 2012 trike so she could learn riding without the hassle of learning the clutch too. It worked fine but she eventually wanted to learn the proper clutch techniques in case we travel somewhere in winter and rent a trike for her. It worked just fine and you can sit and hold the brake with clutch out and it works great. As you accelerate away the clutch moves out from bar and bike smoothly pulls away. Because I am selling from Canada and our dollar is in the tank you will save even more. If you are interested private msg me.

Old 03-01-2016, 06:36 PM
dart451
Cruiser
Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Appreciate all the feedback. My left wrist has been broken 3 times and is now screwed together and I'm not getting any younger. For the long rides, it's usually not a problem unless like many of you said...stop and go traffic. On my last trip to Chicago and back to New Mexico, I encountered several traffic accidents where it was stop and crawl for a good hour. My left wrist was in deep revolt by the time I got through each one!

Old 03-18-2016, 01:51 AM
Greatsteaks
Road Master
Received 62 Likes on 55 Posts

I installed one last July on my 2015 ultra. Have just over 7k miles on the clutch. Install was a breeze, just watch the video. All I can say is that I love it! I have no physical problems, just hate holding in the clutch at long lights and in traffic. That's where this thing shines! In heavy traffic I just pop it in 2nd and putt so slow, people look at me as I'm defying gravity, lol. Engine runs just over 1k rpm add just enough rear brake to keep the belt loaded up. If you know how to ride in the friction zone your feet never leave the boards. If you didn't know it had one you would just ride it like a normal bike and never know the difference. Took it in to the dealer for recall and warranty work and they never had a clue. When parking on an incline you do have to wrap a supplied Velcro strap around the front brake lever and only takes seconds to put on or off. Guys at Rekluse are great to deal with too. Any questions just pm me.

Last edited by Greatsteaks; 03-18-2016 at 01:58 AM.
Old 03-18-2016, 10:37 AM
grbrown
Club Member
Received 2,852 Likes on 2,419 Posts

I think Baker has an auto trans in the pipeline. Might be worth contacting them.

Old 03-18-2016, 10:45 AM
Streetrunner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 25 Posts

Just read about this clutch in American Iron Magazine. They showed the entire install frame by frame.

Quick Reply: Rekluse auto clutch for Harley....