Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sawicki shorty or Royal T?

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2016, 10:29 PM
JakeCheez
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sawicki shorty or Royal T?

I've narrowed the exhaust choice down to these two. Anyone have either? Any options on either? Both are one-off, built to order. I'd be getting it stepped (sawicki charges an extra 100 bucks for this)

Sawicki is 8 weeks out
Royal T is 4-5 weeks out

Sawicki is $1199
Royal T is $999

Any pics, opinions or bashing is welcomed.

Last edited by JakeCheez; 03-05-2016 at 10:30 PM. Reason: Typing error
Old 03-05-2016, 10:38 PM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member
Received 272 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally Posted by JakeCheez
I've narrowed the exhaust choice down to these two. Anyone have either? Any options on either? Both are one-off, built to order. I'd be getting it stepped (sawicki charges an extra 100 bucks for this)

Sawicki is 8 weeks out
Royal T is 4-5 weeks out

Sawicki is $1199
Royal T is $999

Any pics, opinions or bashing is welcomed.
I have seen both. Seem tailored to the dyna family as that is where I seen them. For a touring bike I wouldn't run such a short pipe.
If they made a side dump for stretched bags and side covers like my stubby cat I could see the point. Maybe they run a longer pipe but the muffler style they use never floated my boat. I'd buy a RB Racing over those any day myself if I ran a full length pipe.

Old 03-06-2016, 08:31 PM
JakeCheez
Advanced

Both of these pipes are made for power before looks. I was looking to build off of a D&D stubby cat, but d&d is under new management and no longer sells components un coated. That will only sell a fully ceramic coated header!!!! What bs. I asked if the could leave me an inch or two of raw steel at the collector and they laughed at me and said 'nope'. I'm a long time D&D believer, but they lost all of my future business.

I'm looking for an exhaust that dumps in front of the bag----That's the reason why i'm bumping between these two.

Old 03-06-2016, 09:02 PM
JakeCheez
Advanced
Old 03-06-2016, 11:18 PM
slyedog
Elite HDF Member
Received 272 Likes on 185 Posts

I would go with Royal T if your dead set on the 2 choices. At least it has a slight turnout. The Sawicki will puke all over your right bag unless you can get a turn down or turn out tip. As far as d&d I don't know why you would want a raw pipe? If you plan on no heat shields,you need some sort of coating unless stainless.

Old 03-06-2016, 11:37 PM
JakeCheez
Advanced

I usually use D&d headers and weld on my own cone or tip. Once the pipe is complete, I'd powder coat it, ceramic coat it or DEI paint it and wrap it. D&D used to sell raw headers so people like myself could do this. They still sell just headers, but they are fully ceramic coated. You can't weld on ceramic, so basically the header is worthless.

I was thinking that same thing about the sawicki pipe......I was just hoping that someone on here had one, so I could get some feedback on it.

Old 03-07-2016, 12:23 AM
SpaceReapersNOLA
Road Captain
Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts

Full disclosure: I am friends and with Pat and James of Royal T Racing

That being said their pipes are absolutely amazing! The quality and craftsmanship that they produce is top notch, the welds are perfect, design is on point and because everything is hand made they can do just about anything you want in a pipe. When you look at one of their pipes in person you can see and feel the passion they put into their work, you know instantly they are on another level. Their pipes aren't mass produced bullsh!t, They are shinning examples of design and craftsmanship, hand built by two guys with immense talent.

The best thing about them is both guys are truly nice people with a serious passion for motorcycles, exactly the kind of guys that deserve support in the motorcycle industry.

They are going to make a custom titanium pie cut exhaust for my bike, cant wait!

Here is a pic of their first open house in the new Royal T Racing world head quarters

Name:  IMG_6534_zpscmwgdv5j.jpg
Views: 3775
Size:  177.8 KB

as far as performance here is Pat and James doing a little testing, Pat is in the far lane on his bone stock 96ci dyna with just his Royal T Racing pipe and James is in the near lane on his street glide with a stage III 103. Believe me , we were all shocked how well that 96 performed with the royal t racing pipe!

Old 03-07-2016, 01:51 AM
RevBlk
Road Master
Received 86 Likes on 62 Posts

Holy Crap that Dyna is quick for just a pipe. Wow!

Old 03-07-2016, 02:20 PM
SpaceReapersNOLA
Road Captain
Received 59 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by RevBlk
Holy Crap that Dyna is quick for just a pipe. Wow!
yeah it is!

we are about to bump my 88ci twincam to a stage IV 103. At that time we will take baseline dyno pulls to see what it is producing with the true duals and reinhart 4" slip-ons then dyno it again with the Royal T Racing 2into1 so we will know exactly what that pipe can do. I will keep you guys posted!

Old 03-08-2016, 09:35 AM
JakeCheez
Advanced

Awesome! That's exactly what I'm looking for with this thread. Thanks spacereapers. I'm excited to see the numbers and hear your thoughts on it.

Quick Reply: Sawicki shorty or Royal T?