Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sound system help?? 2015 SGS Amp & Speakers

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2016, 09:53 PM
Angelsbass
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sound system help?? 2015 SGS Amp & Speakers

I need some help trying to find the right system for my Street Glide Special. There are so many options but I'm looking for others that have the perfect combo: speakers + amp= loud & clear.
At first I wanted just to replace the 2 fairing 6.5's but I want to leave room to expand to either lid speakers or pods. So I want to hear what you guys are running for power, 4 channel amp and what speakers you chose to add for the perfect combo! I'm doing all my research based on your reviews and input so please help me out. I'm looking for clarity with volume, tight lows, crisp highs. I'm also trying to not spend crazy money or I would consider the Focals because I hear really good things about this brand. Tell me what you have, how much you put into it, and about install. I know about the flash but I will buy a magic box because I have the Boom 6.5 head unit and plan on keeping it. I appreciate any input, opinions, and advice. 🙏🏽

Last edited by Angelsbass; 03-19-2016 at 10:32 PM.
Old 03-19-2016, 09:57 PM
TcHunter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

You may get better feed back in the audio section.... I would copy and past your questions there.

If you do not know how, highlight forum on the top of the page hover over tech/mechanical then you will see audio...

Some amazing help over there, most have tried everything, to give real world, hands on advice.

Old 03-19-2016, 10:25 PM
Angelsbass
Advanced

Thank you Hunter

Originally Posted by TcHunter
You may get better feed back in the audio section.... I would copy and past your questions there.

If you do not know how, highlight forum on the top of the page hover over tech/mechanical then you will see audio...

Some amazing help over there, most have tried everything, to give real world, hands on advice.

Old 03-19-2016, 11:46 PM
rog246
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Kind of in the same boat but the audio section has was to many opinions about way too many bikes..

Old 03-20-2016, 08:19 AM
TcHunter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Line levelers from Biketronics work better than the magic box on the Rushmores, Biketronics sells a plug and play package, you can get their 4 channel amp, line levelers, speaker brackets to replace the pods, and speakers. That would give you the option to expand to your lid speakers when your ready. Life time warranty also.

What ever amp and speakers you go with, I would still consider the line levelers over the magic box, and the speaker brackets.

No flash needed with the line levelers, unless you want the fade option once you install the lid or lower speakers...

Old 03-20-2016, 08:35 AM
kojak
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,501 Likes on 1,250 Posts

Originally Posted by Angelsbass
I need some help trying to find the right system for my Street Glide Special. There are so many options but I'm looking for others that have the perfect combo: speakers + amp= loud & clear.
At first I wanted just to replace the 2 fairing 6.5's but I want to leave room to expand to either lid speakers or pods. So I want to hear what you guys are running for power, 4 channel amp and what speakers you chose to add for the perfect combo! I'm doing all my research based on your reviews and input so please help me out. I'm looking for clarity with volume, tight lows, crisp highs. I'm also trying to not spend crazy money or I would consider the Focals because I hear really good things about this brand. Tell me what you have, how much you put into it, and about install. I know about the flash but I will buy a magic box because I have the Boom 6.5 head unit and plan on keeping it. I appreciate any input, opinions, and advice. 🙏🏽
Buy the Focal KRC (very good speaker, not the best Focal but very good). Get a high quality 2 channel amp and you will be happy with the setup without needing a 4 channel setup. You can spend $1000 and be happy or spent $500 and end up spending more in the long term.

Old 03-20-2016, 06:01 PM
Angelsbass
Advanced

Originally Posted by TcHunter
Line levelers from Biketronics work better than the magic box on the Rushmores, Biketronics sells a plug and play package, you can get their 4 channel amp, line levelers, speaker brackets to replace the pods, and speakers. That would give you the option to expand to your lid speakers when your ready. Life time warranty also.

What ever amp and speakers you go with, I would still consider the line levelers over the magic box, and the speaker brackets.

No flash needed with the line levelers, unless you want the fade option once you install the lid or lower speakers...
What do the speaker brackets look like and how do they work in a Street Glide? I was thinking about possibly adding lower speaker pod boxes along with the fairing speakers.

Old 03-20-2016, 10:55 PM
matt76cmich
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 133 Likes on 124 Posts

Angelsbass, how much are you looking to spend? This will help out with suggestions.

I'm currently running a Rockford TM400X2AD to Arc Audio Moto 602 speakers along with the BT355. I drilled 3" holes in the back of my pods to get some air moving. Sounds pretty good and should only get better once I get my lids running with the Moto 6x9's.

No dealer flash needed with my setup (aside from having the stock Ultra flash to enable the rear speaker channel and allow fader option)

Old 03-21-2016, 05:42 AM
nuages
Cruiser
Default Amp/Speaker Setup

After ploughing through the Audio section, I went with the Rockford Fosgate PBR 300x2 and the Biketronics 7.1 Speakers(with the stainless steel speaker frame to replace the pods) and the BT Line Leveller

Old 03-21-2016, 08:50 AM
austinslider
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

You can't go wrong with Biketronics! Who doesn't like a lifetime warranty? I've been running BT over 2 years now and I have had zero complaints with the speakers!!!!

Quick Reply: Sound system help?? 2015 SGS Amp & Speakers