Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2014 SGS Questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2016, 08:57 PM
Bodacious MC
Road Master
Received 129 Likes on 97 Posts
Default 2014 SGS Questions

Hi I just bought my first Bagger. Came from an 07 XL50 that was a great bike. I just picked up a 2014 SG Special with 900 miles. Only have had a chance to ride it 3 times so far because of our late spring. Managed to ride about 400 miles so far.
I would like to add some type of a LED driving light set. I'm not finding a lot of options for the 2014 and newer SG's. My goal is to be seen, I don't enjoy riding at night and avoid it when ever possible. Also what is the best replacement LED bulbs for the turn signals, and brake lights? (hoping to make them brighter as well) Are there replacement lenses for the turn/ brake lights that are better companionable with the LED bulbs?
I'm trying to avoid buying a DayMaker headlight if possible, but if that is the best solution, I'd like to hear about that as well.
I've noticed I get a lot of wind hitting me in the face as well. I'm 5' 10' with a 31" inseam. Been reading a lot on this forum about windscreens, now I seem to be even more confused about a good fix.
Also would like to have liners for my saddle bags. Again 2014 and newer SG's seem to have a lot less options for the liners. The HD's are $180, that said, if they fit nicely that means a lot to me.
I'm not a long distance rider, 60 years old and 100-150 mile circle does me well.
Thanks in advance for your input and advise!

Old 04-23-2016, 09:17 PM
Rustrtal
Road Warrior
Received 57 Likes on 45 Posts

I went with Custom Dynamics Led Turns, Tri-Bar and Plasma Rods. Also installed a Truck Lite Phase 7 but probably the best daylight LED is the JW Speaker Evo2 (wasn't available when I bought my light.)

A 7 or 8" Shield from LRS will do the trick for the wind.

I have the HD Premium Liners, they fit nice and make a huge difference.

Good Luck!

Last edited by Rustrtal; 04-23-2016 at 09:19 PM.
Old 04-23-2016, 09:17 PM
dandrumheller
Road Master
Received 83 Likes on 71 Posts
Default 2014 SGS Questions

Check out Custom Dynamics for LEDs.

Edit: ninja'ed

Old 04-23-2016, 09:33 PM
OldMike
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,837 Likes on 1,212 Posts

I'm 62 and the same size as you.
I changed to all Harley LED turn signals and rear tri bar fender light plus I added the rear saddlebag LED's and JW Speaker Evo2 headlight, I really light up nicely. The Harley stuff works and looks good. I have several windshields from Long Ride Shields, I use the 8" Ultra Elite the most along with the Harley fork wind deflectors, hardly any buffeting using my full face helmet. To save my *** I use a Hammock seat got rid of the 12" shocks, changed to the same shocks in 13" with some lowering blocks, had to space the bags out so they don't rub, no big deal though.

Old 04-24-2016, 04:48 PM
GTK
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 579 Likes on 414 Posts

I agree with the above post that Harley accessory parts are the way to go. Cost a little more but you can get deals from online HD Dealers up to 20% off and sometimes free shipping.

Old 04-24-2016, 06:14 PM
gregski
Road Captain
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

I've got the Custom Dynamics LED turn signals front and rear. I like that the front ones are bright white light until you activate the turn signal. They almost look like driving lights. In the rear I also installed the HD saddlebag LEDs and the CD LED tri-bar light.

Old 04-25-2016, 07:14 PM
Bodacious MC
Road Master

Originally Posted by gregski
I've got the Custom Dynamics LED turn signals front and rear. I like that the front ones are bright white light until you activate the turn signal. They almost look like driving lights. In the rear I also installed the HD saddlebag LEDs and the CD LED tri-bar light.

Thanks everyone......I had my mind made up on the Red Rear LED's from Custom Dynamics. I was hoping that their front White, Amber, LED's would in fact look very Bright White, as a mini driving light might. Then when the turn is activated the Amber would be very bright as well.
This info is what I was hoping to hear.....I'll order them tomorrow.

Also thanks for the advice on the OEM bag liners. I guess I'll get those too.
Is it best to order the Custom Dynamics LED's directly from CD?
Any recommendations on ordering the HD bag liners. Sponsors...discounts?

By the way, I ride with a HD 3/4 helmet. On the few rides that I've been on this year, I had the sun visor attached. I suppose I should take that off and see if it helps with my head getting bobbled around.

Thanks again for everyones help!

Old 04-25-2016, 07:17 PM
Bodacious MC
Road Master

Originally Posted by Bodacious MC
Thanks everyone......I had my mind made up on the Red Rear LED's from Custom Dynamics. I was hoping that their front White, Amber, LED's would in fact look very Bright White, as a mini driving light might. Then when the turn is activated the Amber would be very bright as well.
This info is what I was hoping to hear.....I'll order them tomorrow.

Also thanks for the advice on the OEM bag liners. I guess I'll get those too.
Is it best to order the Custom Dynamics LED's directly from CD?
Any recommendations on ordering the HD bag liners. Sponsors...discounts?

By the way, I ride with a HD 3/4 helmet. On the few rides that I've been on this year, I had the sun visor attached. I suppose I should take that off and see if it helps with my head getting bobbled around.

Thanks again for everyones help!
Do the CD Saddlebag LED's work as brake/turn signals as well as running lights?

Old 04-25-2016, 07:58 PM
jdw1
Road Captain
Received 129 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Bodacious MC
Do the CD Saddlebag LED's work as brake/turn signals as well as running lights?
I believe the saddle bag LED's are a HD light....

http://www.harley-davidson.com/store...11-67800450--1

Old 04-25-2016, 08:25 PM
Bodacious MC
Road Master

Thanks....jdw1

Quick Reply: 2014 SGS Questions