Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Heads up for those installing Legend Axeo

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2016, 07:45 PM
Longridertx
Road Master
Received 121 Likes on 99 Posts
Default Heads up for those installing Legend Axeo

First of all I would like to give a huge thanks to Legend's customer service. I am in the process of installing the Legend Axeo on my 15 Ultra and ran into a problem. The problem is the cartridge will not fit into the stock centering cup. I gave Legend a call about this and was told they had ran into this same thing recently. They are sending me another centering cup overnight to solve this problem. The Axeo kit only comes with 1 centering cup so I would advise anyone getting them to order another centering cup just in case. I believe this is just an issue with the Rushmore bikes. Other than that they are an easy install. Can't wait to get it finished and ride.

The following users liked this post:
marcotagudelo (09-30-2020)
Old 06-02-2016, 09:05 PM
jayhawkclint
Tourer
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Do you have a Low model or standard height? I found out there is a color coded cap on the top of one of the forks to identify factory cartridge suspensions on '15+ touring. Low models use cartridge from the factory.

Old 06-02-2016, 09:34 PM
Longridertx
Road Master

I have the standard height. The caps on mine are both silver. As I understand some had a silver cap on one side and a black cap on the other, the one with the black cap I think has a cartridge. This was from the factory and I think on just the low models. Either way I would make sure to get 2 of the centering cups so you don't lose any extra down time.

Old 06-04-2016, 08:53 AM
Dpgriffin2014
Advanced
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know! This is what Raelyn from legend told me? Honestly I don't get it. This is how low a 1 inch drop was. Like I said just sitting on it I hit front brake pushed forward and it hit fender

Old 06-06-2016, 04:16 PM
lrcormier
Cruiser
Received 40 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Longridertx
First of all I would like to give a huge thanks to Legend's customer service. I am in the process of installing the Legend Axeo on my 15 Ultra and ran into a problem. The problem is the cartridge will not fit into the stock centering cup. I gave Legend a call about this and was told they had ran into this same thing recently. They are sending me another centering cup overnight to solve this problem. The Axeo kit only comes with 1 centering cup so I would advise anyone getting them to order another centering cup just in case. I believe this is just an issue with the Rushmore bikes. Other than that they are an easy install. Can't wait to get it finished and ride.
I've been considering the legend axeo for my 2014 FLHTK, if two centering cups are needed why doesn't legend include them in kit? It would seem logical that you would need one for each side.

Old 06-06-2016, 04:33 PM
duckbagger
Road Captain
Received 207 Likes on 120 Posts

I had the local dealer do mine with my handlebars. No problems with the installation.

Old 06-06-2016, 04:38 PM
MatteGlide15
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1,270 Likes on 600 Posts

Yeah I had a shop do the install on my 15RGS and there were no issues mentioned

Old 06-06-2016, 04:48 PM
JMC22
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 328 Likes on 243 Posts

I installed a set of standard ride height on my 2015 SGS about 2 weeks ago without any issues, didn't even need the centering cup (they provided) as they were already in my forks - it was a few minutes time getting them to line up but they fit without issues.

Old 06-06-2016, 08:26 PM
Longridertx
Road Master

I pulled the forks apart and tried to put the centering cup on.....and to get it on I would have had to drive it on with a hammer. This was in the right fork. The one in the left fork went on but was snug like it should be, but not like the right one was. No idea why but maybe it was Harley's quality control????? All I know is it wouldn't fit and Jason at Legend said they had run into this issue recently. With cups that fit they just dropped right in for me.

Old 06-06-2016, 08:33 PM
TSheff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,347 Likes on 1,552 Posts

Mine is an 09 - only issue I had was filling the oil. I ended up using a turkey syringe through the drain hole.

Quick Reply: Heads up for those installing Legend Axeo